Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How long has Ava Duvernay been Ben’s co-host?  This March will be her second year right?  Unless he gets someone else.

My guess is he’ll have her for three seasons.  Like Robert Osbourne had Alec Baldwin for three seasons and Drew Barrymore for three seasons.

She’s doing a really wonderful job with Ben.

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, David Guercio said:

How long has Ava Duvernay been Ben’s co-host?  This March will be her second year right?  Unless he gets someone else.

My guess is he’ll have her for three seasons.  Like Robert Osbourne had Alec Baldwin for three seasons and Drew Barrymore for three seasons.

She’s doing a really wonderful job with Ben.

Ava Duvernay is no longer associated with TCM.    This was just a temp gig since she is a director, writer, and producer.    

• 7 months later...

The was just now on TCM a little chorus of approval from Ben and others on the TCM staff. So is she back, then? Why don't people like her? She seems all right to me. What e'er ⁉️

1 hour ago, laffite said:

The was just now on TCM a little chorus of approval from Ben and others on the TCM staff. So is she back, then? Why don't people like her? She seems all right to me. What e'er ⁉️

You really have no clue,  or are you trying to stir up trouble?  

A quick Google will provide reasons why some people may not like her,  especially in our polarizing times.      

13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You really have no clue,  or are you trying to stir up trouble?  

A quick Google will provide reasons why some people may not like her,  especially in our polarizing times.      

I googled her and I didn't see anything. Worse than that perhaps, is I didn't know who she was. I thought that name was attached to the lady with the Australian accent. In my own defense, though I have TCM, I never watch the interstitials. I don't know who everybody is and I don't much care. I refuse introductions because they reveal too much (with the exception of Eddie, although sometime I turn him off because he talks too much.) I don't watch all the little shorts in between despite they being potential interesting. I dvr the movie first and just go to the movie. Sometimes I get bored and fast forward through the opening credits if they last too long. I'm awful.

So, what's the problem with the real Ava? She seems to be an activist filmmaker. Is there anything wrong with that? Surely I'm missing something, nothing new. I didn't delve into her life story.

8 minutes ago, laffite said:

I googled her and I didn't see anything. Worse than that perhaps, is I didn't know who she was. I thought that name was attached to the lady with the Australian accent. In my own defense, though I have TCM, I never watch the interstitials. I don't know who everybody is and I don't much care. I refuse introductions because they reveal too much (with the exception of Eddie, although sometime I turn him off because he talks too much.) I don't watch all the little shorts in between despite they being potential interesting. I dvr the movie first and just go to the movie. Sometimes I get bored and fast forward through the opening credits if they last too long. I'm awful.

So, what's the problem with the real Ava? She seems to be an activist filmmaker. Is there anything wrong with that? Surely I'm missing something, nothing new. I didn't delve into her life story.

Maybe we are NOT communicating:   I googled her before that first reply to you;    Her name and Gone with the Wind:    all the links that pop up are politically related to racism, BLM,  showing of certain films,  being a new member of the Academy Board to ensure blacks in the industry get-their-due,  her activism, etc...... 

BUT maybe you misunderstood my initial reply;  I'm not saying this type of stuff would make me dislike someone  (it doesn't) but I can see why it would make SOME PEOPLE think she is an over-the-top PC nutjob.

If you can't understand that (again,  how certain types of activist,  rub other people (often counter-activist)),  the wrong way,  you haven't been living in the USA the last 4 or so years!  (ha ha).

36 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

If you can't understand that (again,  how certain types of activist,  rub other people (often counter-activist)),  the wrong way,  you haven't been living in the USA the last 4 or so years!  (ha ha)

Black people shouldn't be shot in the street. And so black people shouldn't be activists. Oh, it's sort of okay, just don't be a "nut-job."  I don't know what's so harrowing about black activism, even by so-called "nut jobs" . If I had a problem with that, then I need some problems. We held black people in slavery. We'll we freed the slaves and have hardly bothered them since then. What do they have to be activists about anyway, lol. By golly, maybe Duverny should just stop what she is doing and start making normal movies, so that "some" people won't be upset.

This is not trouble making. You ridiculed me.

The last four years? This sort of thing has been going on for decades, James. Where have you been? (haha)

//

9 minutes ago, laffite said:

Black people shouldn't be shot in the street. And so black people shouldn't be activists. Oh, it's sort of okay, just don't be a "nut-job."  I don't know what's so harrowing about black activism, even by so-called "nut jobs" . If I had a problem with that, then I need some problems. We held black people in slavery. We'll we freed the slaves and have hardly bothered them since then. What do they have to be activists about anyway, lol. By golly, maybe Duverny should just stop what she is doing and start making normal movies, so that "some" people won't be upset.

This is not trouble making. You ridiculed me.

The last four years? This sort of thing has been going on for decades, James. Where have you been? (haha)

//

I don't get it either.    All I know is that sadly, 2 of my close friends have fallen into this.     E.g.   they were big time Lakers \ NBA fans and have been for decades.   They love Magic Johnson but will not watch the NBA due to Lebron James and other players activism.

As for "last four years";    You got me there!     

Take care.