Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JamesStewartFan95

So Bad, It’s...Good???!!!

I love movies that get everything right, and furthermore the great performances within those movies. I also love Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest and Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

With that being said, what are your favourite good performances in bad films?

I don't think Mommie Dearest is a bad movie. It gets a bad rep but I liked it.

• Like 1

Beatrice Straight in Endless Love.

Dan O'Bannon in Dark Star.

"My real name is Bil Froog and I'm a field maintenance engineer. Pinback's suits do not fit me therefore I wish to return to earth!"

Image result for dark star pinback

Nicolas Cage in Deadfall (1993). The movie is terrible from the start in every single way, but once Nicolas Cage gets into the picture, it becomes hilarious. It's the definition of Cage, his Cagiest performance in all of Cagedom, and he's the reason anybody remembers that a movie called Deadfall came out in the 90s. Absolute, hilarious insanity. Once he leaves, the movie isn't the same.

Good performances in bad films?   There's probably a lot in my memory banks, but off the top....

Even though the critics gave it a lot of praise, I thought it stunk( as Mom Would say) "to high heaven".   The movie to which I refer is...

THE HOURS.

Dreadfully boring tripe that was aptly named due to how long it seemed(but really wasn't).

But the performances of NICHOLE KIDMAN,  JULIANNA MOORE and MERYL STREEP  were outstanding considering what they had to work with.

Sepiatone

6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Good performances in bad films?   There's probably a lot in my memory banks, but off the top....

Even though the critics gave it a lot of praise, I thought it stunk( as Mom Would say) "to high heaven".   The movie to which I refer is...

THE HOURS.

Dreadfully boring tripe that was aptly named due to how long it seemed(but really wasn't).

But the performances of NICHOLE KIDMAN,  JULIANNA MOORE and MERYL STREEP  were outstanding considering what they had to work with.

Sepiatone

The movie "Stand Up and Cheer" (1934) was considered a turkey but being so boring zzzz is why people woke up after seeing....

SUAC_ST_JamesDunn_detail.jpg

But if she wasn't in the film, need one of these  to tell everyone the movie is over.

716jJK5VoML._SX425_.jpg

• Haha 1