Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Epidemic

Nov 5

At least 1,616 new coronavirus deaths and 107,872 new cases were reported in the United States on Nov. 4. Over the past week, there has been an average of 91,878 cases per day, an increase of 51 percent from the average two weeks earlier.

As of Thursday evening, more than 9,689,200 people in the United States have been infected with the coronavirus and at least 235,200 have died, according to a New York Times database.

11 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Scott Atlas's misleading graph aimed to bolster his push for herd immunity.

R763WEA6CQI6XLKTJQP5USMQPU.jpg

trump is all for herd immunity because he started with the West Wing staff and the White House household employees.

The White House at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is a cluster of covid-19.

• Haha 1

Talked to my nephew the other day.    He is a PHD mathematician with a master in biology.   He is working on a Covid-19 vaccine project.     He told me the vaccine they are working on has passed phase 4 testing,  works and is ready for use.     The hold-up is logistical.        The vaccine has to be keep at below-zero until it can be injected.     It will deteriorate very rapidly if exposed to higher temperatures,   even for a very short time.      They are working on a plan with the CDC (who he mocks for being clueless \ not too bright),   to get the vaccine to large cities.      He thinks that such a plan will be executed by late February \ early March.    But for rural areas he has no idea how the vaccine could be distributed.    E.g. people might have to come to the vaccine instead of the vaccine coming to them.   

• Thanks 1

Pfizer says early analysis shows its Covid-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effective/index.html

Pfizer’s Covid Vaccine: 11 Things You Need to Know

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine

According to the news the most vulnerable are first in line, follwed by health care workers / first responders

Won't be available to the general public until late March or April!!  :angry:

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Pfizer says early analysis shows its Covid-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effective/index.html

Pfizer’s Covid Vaccine: 11 Things You Need to Know

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine

According to the news the most vulnerable are first in line, follwed by health care workers / first responders

Won't be available to the general public until late March or April!!  :angry:

Why does that appear to make you mad?      I explained the issue was logistical a few days back (talking to my nephew who is part of the project).

Isn't getting angry about that childish? 

Anyhow,   for the general public that are in large cities that have a lab that can produce the vaccine the estimated date is early March.

For those far away from such labs,   it could be late April or even May.

4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Why does that appear to make you mad?      I explained the issue was logistical a few days back (talking to my nephew who is part of the project).

Isn't getting angry about that childish? 

Anyhow,   for the general public that are in large cities that have a lab that can produce the vaccine the estimated date is early March.

For those far away from such labs,   it could be late April or even May.

By that time covid would had  ran much of its course, whats the point?

35 minutes ago, hamradio said:

What do you mean by "run much of its course"?    You mean the majority of people in the USA will have already been infected?

I hope that isn't the case,   but the poor way the Trump admin handled Covid might make that the case.     Anyhow,  if people grow up and wear masks,  avoid unnecessary contact etc..  the USA should be able to lower the daily tally to under 10K (verses the now over 200K).

Anyhow,  what is the alterative?     I recommend you go out of your way to get Covid and also infect all those in your inner circle.     This way you don't have to be concerned about any alternatives.   

PS:  I see someone found this post funny.  That last part wasn't meant to be funny or to wish anyone harm.    It was a serious comment for those that don't believe a vaccine will be ready in time to prevent them from getting Covid.      But I should have added that one should pick a time-window when their local hospitals are not stressed with Covid patients.     

• Haha 1
On 11/10/2020 at 1:58 PM, hamradio said:

Because having it will not keep you from getting it again - and again - and again.  Then spreading it to other people.  Who says it will have run its course?  "Dr." Donald Trump?  Well, we saw how wrong he was.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Because having it will not keep you from getting it again - and again - and again.  Then spreading it to other people.  Who says it will have run its course?  "Dr." Donald Trump?  Well, we saw how wrong he was.

I have never heard of an RNA virus you get again and again once you develop an immunity either by having it or received a vaccination.  You do get a cold, flu again and again but it is not the same you had before.  Covid-19 is an RNA virus so once you develop an immunity, the only worry is getting covid-20 (or other covid strains) if it mutates to such (more likely will).

A few DNA viruses i.e. rabies you can get again in the future even if vaccinated.

You can also get SARS(CoV-2) and MERS which are  different earlier strains of the corona virus. The covid-19 vaccine will NOT protect one from those.

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

I have never heard of an RNA virus you get again and again once you develop an immunity either by having it or received a vaccination.  You do get a cold, flu again and again but it is not the same you had before.  Covid-19 is an RNA virus so once you develop an immunity, the only worry is getting covid-20 (or other covid strains) if it mutates to such (more likely will).

A few DNA viruses i.e. rabies you can get again in the future even if vaccinated.

You can also get SARS(CoV-2) and MERS which are  different earlier strains of the corona virus. The covid-19 vaccine will NOT protect one from those.

There have been medically documented cases already of people who had it and then a few months later got it again.