Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Epidemic

7 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Saturday, December 12th 2020

305, 082---

Dead Americans

From Covid-19

So what is causing this sudden uptick? It's not just Thanksgiving, this started about a month before that. Is it that the colder dryer air of winter is causing the virus to spread more easily? If that is the case, why is California being hit so hard? Are people just giving up and doing as they please? Because here in Virginia people still seem to be following the precautions yet our trajectory of cases per 100K is still up. 

34 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

So what is causing this sudden uptick? It's not just Thanksgiving, this started about a month before that. Is it that the colder dryer air of winter is causing the virus to spread more easily? If that is the case, why is California being hit so hard? Are people just giving up and doing as they please? Because here in Virginia people still seem to be following the precautions yet our trajectory of cases per 100K is still up. 

Historically California has been a "do as you please state", just ask any old hippie.

hippie-history-festival.jpg

11 hours ago, hamradio said:

Historically California has been a "do as you please state", just ask any old hippie.

Yep, the odd behavior of the Californians moving into Texas is a constant topic of conversation when I talk to my Texas relatives. 

15 hours ago, hamradio said:

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

People being encouraged not to wear masks, not to social distance and not to observe CDC guidelines in trying to fight this pandemic started with trump and it could end with trump if he wanted to do anything about it.

The real problem with the spread of this pandemic is that the president is a super spreader and his followers are just as ignorant as he is.

I am a frontline healthcare worker, and I have to say, this pandemic has really been testing our strength and endurance. I'm crisis response so I've been working in multiple covid facilities over this year and I feel positively drained. Here's hoping that next year we can all look back on this as a thing of the past and that the world will begin to recover. Stay safe my friends.

• Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, Natalie Webb said:

I am a frontline healthcare worker, and I have to say, this pandemic has really been testing our strength and endurance. I'm crisis response so I've been working in multiple covid facilities over this year and I feel positively drained. Here's hoping that next year we can all look back on this as a thing of the past and that the world will begin to recover. Stay safe my friends.

Thanks for your service.      

Now that there is a vacince I was wondering if some hospitals where thinking of bringing back retired healthcare workers to work on a temporary basis.   Of course someone retired is likely to be in a high-risk group (over 65 or so),  but they can get vaccinated and do some shifts so that the some full time workers can take some time off.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Thanks for your service.      

Now that there is a vacince I was wondering if some hospitals where thinking of bringing back retired healthcare workers to work on a temporary basis.   Of course someone retired is likely to be in a high-risk group (over 65 or so),  but they can get vaccinated and do some shifts so that the some full time workers can take some time off.

Many retired healthcare workers have already been called back in many locations.  Been going on for months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
52 minutes ago, Natalie Webb said:

Thank you for your service.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That doesn't change the point I was making related to the vaccine. 

Read your post again.  Your post was about bringing back retired healthcare workers because a vaccine is available.  So. the retired workers can relieve the other workers.

CVS and I think Walgreens are already advertising for people with training to come to work for them to administer the vaccine.

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Thanks for your service.      

Man, Where Have You Been?Every night on the news I see how some retired healthcare worker who came back to help others has died from covid-19.

And their grown child comes on and talks about what a dedicated person they were, to do this and to make this sacrifice.