Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Epidemic

Sukhov

9 hours ago, hamradio said:

Worldwide spread, thank globalism

Yes, WE LIVE ON A GLOBE.  The Bubonic Plague, and all other pandemics of previous centuries ran their coarse, wreaking death across large swaths of the world.  All before the age of Globalism..  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hamradio said:

Christopher Columbus did NOT set out to create globalism.  He was trying to find another way to India , hence why Native Americans were mistaken for "Indians",  a name which stuck.  Columbus had absolutely no knowledge of microbes which he and those that followed brought.

We have the benefit of history, he had no future fortune telling crystal ball to inform what his voyage unintentional  brought and will continue to bring.

Christopher Columbus set  in motion the demographic collapse of the Native American population.ñ, unwittingly introducing pathogens to which they had no immunity.  A century after the arrival of Europeans, the numbers were down by some 97-98%.  Whatever Columbus set out to do, there is NO love for him in their ranks.

6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Monday, March 23rd, 2020

533-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

43,151-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

“But we need to get the economy going again,  Let the grandparents die, and save my re-election”. 

What a worthless slug.  Trump’s sentiments coincide well with Hamradio’s.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Arturo said:

Christopher Columbus set  in motion the demographic collapse of the Native American population.ñ, unwittingly introducing pathogens to which they had no immunity.  A century after the arrival of Europeans, the numbers were down by some 97-98%.  Whatever Columbus set out to do, there is love for him in their ranks.

Believe stating during the last holiday,  I don't observe Columbus Day - no hanging out a flag or anything.

“But we need to get the economy going again,  Let the grandparents die, and save my re-election”. 

What a worthless slug.  Trump’s sentiments coincide well with Hamradio’s.

BS! I hate the elderly is affected this harshly by Corona, my only statement has been the young was less affected but a few has died.  Any death is tragic but Corona is not the Black Death far numbers are concerned.  We should be thankful of that, the next time we may not be as lucky.

STOP twisting my words and deny you're not.

• Sad 1

Yes, WE LIVE ON A GLOBE.  The Bubonic Plague, and all other pandemics of previous centuries ran their coarse, wreaking death across large swaths of the world.  All before the age of Globalism..  

Thank the superstitious belief cats were evil and had to be eliminated causing a rat explosion.  Thankfully the oceans did protect the indigenous people here from all that.

11 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Saw a repeat of part of Donny's daily dumpster fire. Pence had just finished speaking and some guy

with a lot of fruit salad went to the podium. Pence looks at Billy Barr, who is maybe two feet away

and Barr looks to the other side as if he's thinking of moving farther away from Pency, but he just

stands there and doesn't move. Damn, these folks are a laff riot. 

I watched part of it yesterday for a few minutes.  Don't listen if Trump is speaking since he lies and is ignorant.  Major thing I noticed was that Dr. Fauci had been expelled from the group.  How long before Trump tries to fire him?

As for the guy with the "fruit salad," I assume he is with Commissioned Corps of  US Public Health Service, which is one of the uniformed services.  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is another one.  Most of their uniforms are derivative of Navy uniforms.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Believe stating during the last holiday,  I don't observe Columbus Day - no hanging out a flag or anything.

I've never known anyone who did observe Columbus Day.

The banks were closed, but I never got the day off.

I think it was a big deal for the Knights of Columbus, but not for the average person anyway.

Just heard that the October requirement for Real ID has been extended, but do not know when.  I had written to my Congressional delegation re: this as local DMV's are confused when it comes to accepting an out of state birth certificate or other documents.  This gives people more time to get out of state documents and to convince DMV people that they are "original" for that state.

After 2008 financial crisis Congress eliminated Required Minimum Distributions from IRA's, 401(k's), 457's and similar.  Reason was because how deflated the fund values had become.  They need to do this again.

28 minutes ago, hamradio said:

BS! I hate the elderly is affected this harshly by Corona, my only statement has been the young was less affected but a few has died.  Any death is tragic but Corona is not the Black Death far numbers are concerned.  We should be thankful of that, the next time we may not be as lucky.

STOP twisting my words and deny you're not.

Several of your posts made it sound that this new virus was no big deal, since it was mostly the elderly with underlying conditions that were being affected.  I don’t have to twist anything you say around; you’re posts are pretty twisted already.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

pFFA3nTS_bigger.jpg

The Trump administration is set to use the Defense Production Act for the first time in the coronavirus pandemic for about 60,000 coronavirus test kits, as health workers face severe shortages.

10:12 AM · Mar 24, 2020·Twitter for iPad

Oh, I thought trump said he did that last week.

Oh, did I forget to remember that trump is a habitual liar?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Several of your posts made it sound that this new virus was no big deal, since it was mostly the elderly with underlying conditions that were being affected.  I don’t have to twist anything you say around; you’re posts are pretty twisted already.

Those ARE the statistics and people who are younger with underlying conditions are included.

Send the New York Times a complaint stating they are WRONG!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-elderly-protection.html

35 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Thank the superstitious belief cats were evil and had to be eliminated causing a rat explosion.  Thankfully the oceans did protect the indigenous people here from all that.

Well your science-denying president and party are no better.  They have minimized this crisis from the beginning, ignoring it, calling it Fake News, or saying it is no worse than the common cold or the flu.  Nothing to worry about, and thereby endangering millions of people.  Now Trump is touting untested remedies, saying he knows better than the experts.  And he and his party now want everybody to go back to work, to save his re-election while we destroy our people and our economy.  PATHETIC!

26 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I think it was a big deal for the Knights of Columbus, but not for the average person anyway.

Yeah, for me it was just another day for car dealerships and mattress companies to have a "special" sale.

I think it's bigger among communities with large Italian-American populations, as it's become a de facto Italian heritage celebration there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Just heard that the October requirement for Real ID has been extended, but do not know when.  I had written to my Congressional delegation re: this as local DMV's are confused when it comes to accepting an out of state birth certificate or other documents.  This gives people more time to get out of state documents and to convince DMV people that they are "original" for that state.

After 2008 financial crisis Congress eliminated Required Minimum Distributions from IRA's, 401(k's), 457's and similar.  Reason was because how deflated the fund values had become.  They need to do this again.

I just recently saw some articles online about the Real ID, and had no idea what they were talking about. Perhaps I'd heard of it back when it was decreed in 2005, but I must have forgotten about it completely. I was relieved to discover that my current driver's license is Real ID compliant, as it was renewed a couple of years ago. No one at the license bureau mentioned anything about the Real ID stuff at the time of renewal, though. I guess they assumed everyone knows about it.

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I just recently saw some articles online about the Real ID, and had no idea what they were talking about. Perhaps I'd heard of it back when it was decreed in 2005, but I must have forgotten about it completely. I was relieved to discover that my current driver's license is Real ID compliant, as it was renewed a couple of years ago. No one at the license bureau mentioned anything about the Real ID stuff at the time of renewal, though. I guess they assumed everyone knows about it.

Well, I had to show my birth certificate to get one with my driver's license.

2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Well, I had to show my birth certificate to get one with my driver's license.

So did I, but when fully* renewing your license here (in Florida), I've always had to provide at least 3 documents to verify my identity, and I've always used my birth certificate as one. So it wasn't out of the ordinary for me. 

*(I say "fully", because every alternate renewal period, one doesn't have to provide other paperwork, and in fact the license can be renewed online or through the mail)

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

.@Maddow: “It’s starting to feel like America has this one president in Washington, but a whole different president for the coronavirus crisis [who is] the guy in charge in New York.”

10:16 AM · Mar 24, 2020·SocialFlow

With approximately 20 million people in the state of New York, Cuomo is administering a region with a population close to Taiwan and with certainly more population than any country in Scandinavia and several Latin American, countries, like Bolivia.

I heard a horror story coming out of Spain.  A Seniors home got so infected that the care workers abandoned it and refused to go back.  A team with full protective suits went in and there were dead bodies everywhere and the others were near death too.

When Boris was contemplating the herd immunity idea he finally abandoned it when told it would very likely result in a quarter of a million dead.

People have a good chance of surviving if they have a ventilator.  Even if Trump's snake oil provides relief they are still going to need more hospital beds and ventilators.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

President Trump is “losing patience” with the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, @jonathanvswan says.

“The way he’s thinking about it is … it’s this trade off between … death count and whatever misery ensues from a shutdown economy.”

5:33 AM · Mar 24, 2020·SocialFlow

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

President Trump suggests it will soon be time to reassess measures that limit the spread of coronavirus, but Dr. Zeke Emanuel says that view rests on a false premise.

4:00 AM · Mar 24, 2020·SocialFlow

eQMDfsIb_bigger.jpg

Replying to

The poor and defenseless will be killed off for the Greater Good. This is #NaziEugenics

9:31 PM · Mar 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

In fewer than two weeks, trump wants to end social distancing to get people back to work and back in the stores spending--

not for the health of the nation--

but for the welfare of the economy and the stock market.

But where I live, local and state officials have called for these quarantines and closures of schools and businesses. 

And undoubtably trump doesn't understand how American government works, but he'll figure it out in a few weeks.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

In S.C you have to show original birth certificate or passport, original document for name changes, two proofs of current physical address and Social Security number documentation.  Supposed to be a national standard.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Always thought it was primarily observed by Italian-Americans.