Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coronavirus Epidemic

Sukhov

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Chris Hayes: Trump's Rhetoric Is Making Him a 'Genuine Threat to Public Health'

Time to invoke Article 25.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:27 PM, hamradio said:

Seems not to be as bad fear mongers claimed. One has to use what's available, most drugs has side effects, geeze even some antacids! (seen enough ads on TV for that)

Simply can not get a new drug into the market at a snap of a finger.  

Remember the above when all the lawyer ads start re: suing the drug manufacturers and others for dispensing untested, potentially dangerous drugs.

Their are thousands of claims pending against US military for serious after effects of drugs taken as far back as Vietnam War up until today.

21 hours ago, hamradio said:

White House, Senate reach historic $2 trillion stimulus deal amid growing coronavirus fears

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/stimulus-senate-action-coronavirus/index.html

Very disappointed to learn that the weak restrictions on corporate profiteering expire in Sept.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Time to invoke Article 25.

Remember the above when all the lawyer ads start re: suing the drug manufacturers and others for dispensing untested, potentially dangerous drugs.

The drugs being discussed do have side effects but that's alls available at present, it's called repurposing.  Drugs used in chemotherapy for fighting cancer has very bad toxic side effects (try to kill the cancer before it kills the patient).  Want them not used as well until  gentler  drugs comes along which may be never?

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

The drugs being discussed do have side effects but that's alls available at present, it's called repurposing.  Drugs used in chemotherapy for fighting cancer has very bad toxic side effects (try to kill the cancer before it kills the patient).  Want them not used as well until  gentler  drugs comes along which may be never?

Whatever the outcome, I think we should leave it to the doctors and medical profession to decide what drugs they want to use and what drugs are safe.

trump has no medical background whatsoever and he needs to shut up and stop talking about drugs and let Dr. Fauci and the other doctors talk to the American public about that issue.

And I'm still waiting on you to tell me where your medical degree came from?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Whatever the outcome, I think we should leave it to the doctors and medical profession to decide what drugs they want to use and what drugs are safe.

trump has no medical background whatsoever and he needs to shut up and stop talking about drugs and let Dr. Fauci and the other doctors talk to the American public about that issue.

And I'm still waiting on you to tell me where your medical degree came from?

The FDA approved the drugs in question for testing, so far one verified success. If the doctors choose not to use them, well so be it.  Is there anything else?

Last night on the Covid-19 documentary, it will be a year minimum for a vaccine.

If Obama suggested the same thing, give him praise and glory.

Nice try, the "And I'm still waiting on you to tell me where your medical degree came from?" is a form of psychology to shut down an argument / discussion.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png

CNN

Former President Obama is urging Americans to continue social distancing in an effort to stem the spread of coronavirus, a noticeable difference in tone from his successor, who has publicly suggested opening up the nation in two weeks to boost the economy.

12:01 AM · Mar 26, 2020·SocialFlow

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

ufjOoXwm_bigger.jpg

A lot of reporters [complained] for eight years that Obama was too boring to cover. But if he were president, thousands fewer people would die of #COVID19 because his administration was prepared and he'd take decisive federal action. Those are facts. Only GOP partisans would disagree

7:01 AM · Mar 26, 2020·Twitter Web App

Not just Obama, George W Bush Bill Clinton-- any of them would have taken decisive action in the wake of a possible pandemic.

All trump could do was to call it a hoax perpetrated by the Democratic party and promoted by the left-wing liberal mainstream media.

And then trump repeatedly downplayed it as if it would just go away.

trump's handling of the Coronavirus pandemic is malfeasance on the highest level as the American death toll extends Beyond 1000 Dead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

The FDA approved the drugs in question for testing, so far one verified success. If the doctors choose not to use them, well so be it.  Is there anything else?

Last night on the Covid-19 documentary, it will be a year minimum for a vaccine.

You really got a thing about Obama, haven't you?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Nice try, the "And I'm still waiting on you to tell me where your medical degree came from?" is a form of psychology to shut down an argument / discussion.

No I don't want to shut down anything. I think if you're going to act as though you have expertise in the medical profession or expertise in Pharmaceutical science, then I'd like to know where you got it from.

When people ask for facts and evidence, that's not shutting down a discussion--

it is getting proof that you know what you're talking about.

But, everyone is entitled to their opinion-- whether it's true or not.

• Like 1

Mark Blum (1950-2020), a familiar character actor of film, TV and the stage over the past 37 years, has died from COVID-19. He's best remembered as the heel in the 1986 film Crocodile Dundee. Other credits include Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), Blind Date (1987), The Presidio (1988), and Miami Rhapsody (1995). He'd concentrated more on TV work in the past 25 years, with guest spots on FrasierThe SopranosThe West WingThe Good WifeThe Blacklist, and many others.

BLUM1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

No I don't want to shut down to shut down anything. I think if you're going to act as though you have expertise in the medical profession or expertise in Pharmaceutical science, then I'd like to know where you got it from.

When people ask for facts and evidence, that's not shutting down a discussion--

it is getting proof that you know what you're talking about.

But, everyone is entitled to their opinion-- whether it's true or not.

NEVER SAID I HAD EXPERTISE, that's the psychology your using!

I provide links many posters admit they don't bother to open...what are they AFRAID of? Why no one mentions the success case regarding the California woman whom beaten Corona against all the odds?

My high school Biology, Science class taught me a lot regarding microbes and viruses.  Had excellent teachers, whom taught the differences between DNA and RNA viruses, how the copying mechanism works,  The first electron microscope photos  taken of bacteriophage and polio.

220px-Phage_S-PM2.png

220px-Polio_EM_PHIL_1875_lores.PNG

Was very good in drawing in great detail, bacteria, protozoa, etc with their scientific names at the top of each.  How to  construct a homemade incubation chamber to grow cultures in cheap plastic petri dishes.

Many teens finds Biology boring and paid the price of ignorance.

Viruses works the same today as back then.  

• Haha 1

Sorry if Auturo had either crappy teachers or fell asleep in class.

How many other  people demand antibiotics for viral infections that WILL NOT WORK on the virus itself which has caused the misuse of such giving rise to antibiotic resistance bacteria.

Ham, 

That you paid attention in your High School biology class back in the 60s or 70s of the last century does not make you an expert in these fields in which you keep acting like you are.  This is as bad and irresponsible are you darling idiot of a President, but at least you are not broadcasting to the nation your misinformation.  Donald Trump finds more ways to endanger the American people whose lives he is entrusted to protect.  Hopefully your neighbors are smart enough to give your recommendations, along with those of Trump, a WIDE BERTH, for their own safety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Ham, 

That you paid attention in your High School biology class back in the 60s or 70s of the last century does not make you an expert in these fields in which you keep acting like you are.  This is as bad and irresponsible are you darling idiot of a President, but at least you are not broadcasting to the nation your misinformation.  Donald Trump finds more ways to endanger the American people whose lives he is entrusted to protect.  Hopefully your neighbors are smart enough to give your recommendations, along with those of Trump, a WIDE BERTH, for their own safety.

You again TWIST my words, I give links you ADMIT not to open! The fundamentals of viruses hasn't change, it doesn't care which decade it resides in! Been here long before man came along and is part of the natural world.

DNA viruses don't mutate, RNA DOES.

Smallpox was defeated in part because it can only survive in human host, has no animal  reservoir like Coronaviruses.

You want medical science to come up with cures / treatments in no time flat and find scapegoats when none are to be had.

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

rB7vk8be_bigger.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: White House national security officials prepared a “pandemic playbook” — a step-by-step guide to ensure testing, check on workers’ equipment, even consider the Defense Production Act. The Trump administration ignored it.

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

cu54X160_bigger.jpg

“But Trump’s aides were told to expect a potential pandemic...”

8:09 PM · Mar 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Coronavirus pandemic malfeasance and malpractice from the executive branch.....

27 minutes ago, hamradio said:

You again TWIST my words, I give links you ADMIT not to open! The fundamentals of viruses hasn't change, it doesn't care which decade it resides in! Been here long before man came along and is part of the natural world.

DNA viruses don't mutate, RNA DOES.

Smallpox was defeated in part because it can only survive in human host, has no animal  reservoir like Coronaviruses.

You want medical science to come up with cures / treatments in no time flat and find scapegoats when none are to be had.

You, and Trump, keep promoting the use of untested and/or unproven and/or unapproved for use drugs.  That someone has died using something promoted by Trump is why this should be left to the subject-matter EXPERTS!!!!! Not some know-it-all QUACK like Donald Trump or his admirers/emulators/sycophants!

I don’t want Or expect an instant cure,  because I know better.  What we all want AND expect from the government, Trump included, is a truthful assessment of the pandemic, a reasonable timeline about any vaccine or cure, and The IMMEDIATE deployment of the federal government‘s know-how and resources from all sectors, including the Actual use of the Defense Production Act.  Periodic updates should contain pertinent information, not self-serving lies and attacks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

My high school Biology, Science class taught me a lot regarding microbes and viruses.  Had excellent teachers, whom taught the differences between DNA and RNA viruses, how the copying mechanism works,  The first electron microscope photos  taken of bacteriophage and polio.

Was very good in drawing in great detail, bacteria, protozoa, etc with their scientific names at the top of each.  How to  construct a homemade incubation chamber to grow cultures in cheap plastic petri dishes.

Many teens finds Biology boring and paid the price of ignorance.

Viruses works the same today as back then.  

How many years ago back in WV did you take biology?  I took advanced biology in high school and don't remember squat.  Also took science courses in college and don't remember them either.

Regardless, what we did or did not learn decades ago is not relevant to what is happening today.

The main issue is that Scientist and Medical Doctors should be making the decisions and projections, not self-serving politicians (and their allies).  There are hopes for some drugs, existing and projected, but they need to be properly tested and approved.  There are ways to do that in less than normal time, but that also includes increasing risks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fauci: 'You don't make the timeline. The virus makes the timeline'

".....“So you’ve got to respond to what you see happen, and if you keep seeing this acceleration, it doesn’t matter what you say, one week, two weeks, three weeks, you’ve got to go with what the situation on the ground is,” he added.

Fauci said that, in some cases, projections of months may refer to how long it takes for the infection curve to fully descend, whereas flattening may begin “in a relatively shorter period of time.”

He added, however, that “you can’t make an arbitrary decision until you see what you’re dealing with.”

President Trump has said he wants to reopen the economy by Easter, sparking pushback from state officials and health experts.....

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489636-fauci-you-dont-make-the-timeline-the-virus-makes-the-timeline

6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

You really got a thing about Obama, haven't you?

This response is to Hamradio, who continues to attack Obama while praising Trump.

The affection and nostalgia for Obama may have to do with appreciating someone who did whatever was necessary to protect American lives in a crisis, as opposed to Donald Trump, interested in only protecting his own worthless carcass.  Someone who believed and listened to the scientists, and based policy and decision-making around facts, not hunches, instincts or grievances.  

We are in the mess we’re in due to the Orange A-Hoe, who lied, then minimized, the erupting pandemic.  He continues to lie and minimize it, risking potentially millions of Americans.  

You must be truly proud, as your leader has Made us No. 1, in the numbers of people testing positive.  Higher than  China, with several times more people than us!  WINNING!!???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

gjkVMelR_bigger.png

Breaking News: The U.S. now has the world’s most reported coronavirus cases with 81,321, according to New York Times data. Over 1,000 deaths in the country have been linked to the virus.

5:10 PM · Mar 26, 2020·SocialFlow

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Ry9m4KDp_bigger.jpg

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” -Donald Trump, January 22nd

5:05 PM · Mar 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

SZ__-Au3_bigger.jpg

So it’s official. We’re number one in the world for coronavirus cases, even surpassing China which has more than 4 times as many people as the United States. That’s because despite spending more money on healthcare than anyone else, we have one of the worst health systems around.

5:40 PM · Mar 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

trump is still in the process of trying to eradicate Obamacare-- in the midst of a pandemic.

• Sad 1