On 3/29/2020 at 9:33 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Sunday, March 29th 2020

2,484--Coronavirus deaths in the United States

142,070-- Coronavirus confirmed cases in the United States

Source-- Worldometers

Monday, March 30th 2020

3,165-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

164,253-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Take care Lawrence!!!!  Thinking of you.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Some of you know, I was in the hospital this past Dec-Feb with an "unknown" severe flu like condition. They tested me for a zillion different things, but you could see they were concerned about identifying a "mysterious flu coming from China". (finally successfully diagnosed/treated -not corona)

I also had heard about the mystery virus but was unconcerned because I hadn't traveled overseas. So Drs and somewhat informed citizens were aware of this possible pandemic MONTHS ago.

Ugh I had only been going outside freely a couple of weeks before this hit!

Ditto for me it was mid Feb. It luckily happened just before I had some time off. I had the symptoms and must have slept straight through 2 1/2 days.

6 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Ditto for me it was mid Feb.

Seems like there was a terrific strain of flu going through the US at that time, I had heard a LOT of people were taken down by it, even podcasters! I had spent the first 8 days in bed sleeping, no food little water. Everyone thought I'd be enjoying books/movies but I couldn't even watch TV until week 3. But that flu started a cascade of serious reactions/infections the Drs had to treat each one.

Swithin said: additional tests: scans, blood cultures, tests for Lyme disease, TB, HIV, Syphilis (! ), CMV, Epstein Barr, every type of flu and related diseases (20 varieties), etc. . All negative.  No growth from the cultures over time, either

I had those plus Mono, Hepatitis, it's awful when they don't know what's wrong. I had more blood taken from me than if Dracula was visiting and had to drag myself to the hospital, thankfully only 2 miles away.

I actually think it's good we went through this stuff, hopefully it's made us somewhat more immune to this.

Lawrence-so sorry you're at risk. Please stay relaxed, watch some movies & report them here so we know how you're doing. No Sophia Loren or Bridget Bardot!! 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Since we're divulging medical histories, last Tuesday night I had my second heart attack in a month. I was also diagnosed with pneumonia. Thanks to the lockdowns and closures, I can't get in to see a GP for any follow-up, or the recommended cardiologist. So I just have to keep popping my pills and hope things hold out until everything else settles down.

😷💔

Really sorry to hear this, but hope you get better soon.  Stay safe.  

• Thanks 1

Governor of S.C. (BIG Trump supporter) finally closed the beaches and public access to lakes and rivers in S.C.  Finally!  Every day there were pictures of throngs of people on beaches and in areas around boat ramps, lakeside beaches, etc.

The City of Greenville, S.C. wanted to invoke a stay at home policy with fines since people are ignoring the stay at home request.  S.C. Attorney General told them they cannot do that and only the governor can, so they didn't.   They are now going to meet, electronically, again to decide if they should do it anyway.

3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Seems like there was a terrific strain of flu going through the US at that time, I had heard a LOT of people were taken down by it, even podcasters! I had spent the first 8 days in bed sleeping, no food little water. Everyone thought I'd be enjoying books/movies but I couldn't even watch TV until week 3. But that flu started a cascade of serious reactions/infections the Drs had to treat each one.

Swithin said: additional tests: scans, blood cultures, tests for Lyme disease, TB, HIV, Syphilis (! ), CMV, Epstein Barr, every type of flu and related diseases (20 varieties), etc. . All negative.  No growth from the cultures over time, either

I had those plus Mono, Hepatitis, it's awful when they don't know what's wrong. I had more blood taken from me than if Dracula was visiting and had to drag myself to the hospital, thankfully only 2 miles away.

I actually think it's good we went through this stuff, hopefully it's made us somewhat more immune to this.

Lawrence-so sorry you're at risk. Please stay relaxed, watch some movies & report them here so we know how you're doing. No Sophia Loren or Bridget Bardot!! 

Actually it will not, the body has to recognize each RNA strain individually, the reason one always catch flu just about every year.  I didn't have it this year.  You are immune to every strain you had before because the antibodies from the past will remain in your system.  The last flu which hit me rather hard was about 4 years ago.

COVID-19 can be somewhat compared to the Spanish flu.

Jake posted in another thread some of those Chinese wet markets are still open (or can be just a rumor).  If so can expect COVID-20 (never learn from history :()

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

zCnxSmsq_bigger.jpg

"Trump's message to blue states battling coronavirus: Drop dead"

"If Trump keeps picking favorite states to help in the absence of a national approach, everyone will lose." 

@NeilJYoung17 on the president's unconscionable war with Democratic governors over coronavirus

9:00 PM · Mar 30, 2020·Sprout Social

trump has never claimed to be the president of All Americans.

In fact, he doesn't even understand the role or the purpose of the US presidency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

f053ce187d9fe1393f4684ca92c89d74_bigger.

"It is falling to President Donald Trump to lead America into its most tragic month in decades, as experts say the coronavirus pandemic could kill more citizens than the Vietnam and Korean wars combined," @StCollinson writes

How Trump conducts himself in the weeks ahead "will be crucial for the country and his own hopes of reelection. But there are signs that he does not fully understand the stakes nor is willing to relegate his own interests in favor of the common good..."

6:42 AM · Mar 31, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

The United States has a sociopath as president during a national pandemic.

The only hope for America is the leadership that Americans will find in their state and local governments, as well as their ability to help each other.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, LawrenceA said:

Since we're divulging medical histories, last Tuesday night I had my second heart attack in a month. I was also diagnosed with pneumonia. Thanks to the lockdowns and closures, I can't get in to see a GP for any follow-up, or the recommended cardiologist. So I just have to keep popping my pills and hope things hold out until everything else settles down.

😷💔

All the best Lawrence, you are important on this board,do more reviews please..

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

K2vyOxpn_bigger.jpg

Trump is gonna get another round of applause from cable news dilettantes and sycophantic toadies for doing a good job playing president on TV today, after lying to the American people about the risk posed by the coronavirus for three months.

6:09 PM · Mar 31, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I imagine that trump will not get a round of applause from people who have had family members and friends die from the Coronavirus, when they realize that many of these lives could have easily been saved if trump had prepared the country in advance, like many of his advisors suggested.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jakeem said:

b94a8ff709b61967734dbd6188d723df_bigger.

Everyone avoids answering the extremely logical question that was just asked: if we had begun social distancing back in January/February, when the problem was already apparent in China and SK, would fewer Americans be dying?

6:59 PM · Mar 31, 2020·Twitter Web App

They would be asking that question if Obama or Hillary Clinton was President-- and had done the incompetent Act of doing nothing for 2 months.

• Thanks 1

I notice CNN ignored the beginning of the White House briefing today.  Only when Trump stopped talking did the network cover the doctors at the briefing.  CNN realized that listening to Trump talk was a waste of time.  Hopefully. MSNBC will do the same.

As 7: 25 pm, MSNBC stopped covering the briefing while it is still occuring (Trump taking questions)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exclusive: Captain of aircraft carrier with growing coronavirus outbreak pleads for help from Navy

"The captain of a nuclear aircraft carrier with more than 100 sailors infected with the coronavirus pleaded Monday with U.S. Navy officials for resources to allow isolation of his entire crew and avoid possible deaths in a situation he described as quickly deteriorating.

The unusual plea from Capt. Brett Crozier, a Santa Rosa native, came in a letter obtained exclusively by The Chronicle and confirmed by a senior officer on board the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, which has been docked in Guam following a COVID-19 outbreak among the crew of more than 4,000 less than a week ago.

“This will require a political solution but it is the right thing to do,” Crozier wrote. “We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die. If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset — our Sailors.”......

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Exclusive-Captain-of-aircraft-carrier-with-15167883.php

:(

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Jw8i3SZx_bigger.jpg

The Trump Administration is trying to frame their mishandling and failures into a triumph by claiming 100,000-200,000 deaths is a victory.

You cannot get more ghoulish and craven than this. You just can't.

5:50 PM · Mar 31, 2020·TweetDeck

You can run but you can't hide.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Monday, March 30th 2020

3,165-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

164,253-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Tuesday, March 31st 2020

3,890-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

188,578-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Source: Worldometers 

On 3/23/2020 at 1:42 AM, Bogie56 said:

Nigerians poisoned after taking doses of drug praised by Trump

GEOFFREY YORKAFRICA BUREAU CHIEF
JOHANNESBURG
PUBLISHED MARCH 22, 2020 UPDATED 9 HOURS AGO

President Donald Trump speaks during a coronavirus task force briefing at the White House, March 21, 2020, in Washington. 

PATRICK SEMANSKY/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

At least two Nigerians are in hospital after being poisoned by an unproven drug that U.S. President Donald Trump is touting as a possible cure for the novel coronavirus.

Nigerian health authorities are rushing to clamp down on a wave of unauthorized use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug that Mr. Trump is promoting as a treatment for COVID-19.

This weekend, Mr. Trump continued to praise the drug, tweeting on Saturday that it had “a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.” He also lauded it at several press conferences last week.

But the safety and effectiveness of the drug, and a related drug known as chloroquine, is unproven for use against the coronavirus. Chloroquine is known to be dangerous if used without medical supervision.

Words from the president of the United States of America are heard all over the world.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, hamradio said:

New York City Closes 10 Playgrounds Over Social Distancing Concerns

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/coronavirus/2020/03/31/city-closes-10-playgrounds-over-social-distancing-concerns

TODAY? Are you kidding me?? :angry:

Like the NJ parks this should had been done long time ago  and people are shocked why Coronavirus  cases are rising?

81e5c21d-f8c5-4617-a1d3-0bcb8d7107a1-200

Outrageous!

The deflections continue... 

pXgPbTw.jpg

While the idiot in chief gets a free pass.....

11 hours ago, hamradio said:

New York City Closes 10 Playgrounds Over Social Distancing Concerns

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/coronavirus/2020/03/31/city-closes-10-playgrounds-over-social-distancing-concerns

TODAY? Are you kidding me?? :angry:

Like the NJ parks this should had been done long time ago  and people are shocked why Coronavirus  cases are rising?

81e5c21d-f8c5-4617-a1d3-0bcb8d7107a1-200

Were you not in the Rush Limbaugh / Devon Nunez camp about two weeks ago saying this was nothing worse than the flu ?

Funny how all those dangerous wing nuts are Republicans.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Were you not in the Rush Limbaugh / Devon Nunez camp about two weeks ago saying this was nothing worse than the flu ?

Funny how all those dangerous wing nuts are Republicans.

I'm not sure if I saw it here or elsewhere on the web last night, but many Republicans are still claiming it's a hoax, or at the very least an exaggeration, all designed to make Trump look bad. The article I saw had quotes from Rush Limbaugh, Fox News regular Mark Levin, and Diamond & Silk. 

• Like 1

Based on an article in USA Today, the newspaper industry may be harder hit than any  other.  Already in trouble, they are having more problems.  The Tampa printed newspaper has gone from 7 days per week to 2.

Advertisers have been abandoning newspapers for years, but now it is much worse.  Why advertise if you are closed?  Will they advertise in newspapers when this is over, assuming many continue in business?

Newspapers are trying hard to create a digital entity and some have some success, but a lot of people just don't want to subscribe to a newspaper platform.