Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Now for the humor side of it.

No, coronavirus isn’t linked to Corona beer, can’t be cured with bleach

https://nypost.com/2020/01/29/no-coronavirus-isnt-linked-to-corona-beer-cant-be-cured-with-bleach/

corona-virus-corona-beer-1.jpg?quality=9

Nor can beer be used as a disinfectant.

:lol:

Your side is spreading enough disinformation.  Can you refrain from adding to it please?

 Corona, which means crown in Latin, (and Spanish), got the scientific name (Latin of course) due to its shape resembling a crown.  It has NOTHING to do with a particular beer (named in Spanish for a crown), nor beer in general.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, hamradio said:

People will only be noticing the label name not the fine details.

STUPID people, yes.........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

Top health official contradicts Trump, says it will take "at least a year and a half" to get solid coronavirus vaccine http://hill.cm/o39zetD
 
Image
2:13 PM · Feb 26, 2020·SocialFlow

 

18 minutes ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

Flight attendant who flew out of Los Angeles diagnosed with coronavirus http://hill.cm/vH6bZys
 
Image
1:43 PM · Feb 26, 2020·SocialFlow

CDC doctors don't agree with trump. So I guess he can fire them the way he fired all of the government officials who testified against him in the impeachment hearings.

It doesn't pay to tell the truth in the trump Administration.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Rush Limbaugh and right-wing fringe sites are attacking Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a top CDC official handling the coronavirus response,
because she is Rod Rosenstein's sister.
 
They're spreading the lie that she's part of the deep state and trying to tank the markets to weaken Trump.
 
:rolleyes:  <_<
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mr6666 said:
 
 
Rush Limbaugh and right-wing fringe sites are attacking Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a top CDC official handling the coronavirus response,
because she is Rod Rosenstein's sister.
 
They're spreading the lie that she's part of the deep state and trying to tank the markets to weaken Trump.
 
:rolleyes:  <_<

If they don't already have, they will have blood on their hands.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Chuck Schumer is requesting $8.5 billion in emergency funding to combat the coronavirus.
 
The spending request is more than three times higher than the $2.5 billion requested by the Trump administration.
 
:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jakeem said:

C2nZtLkd_bigger.jpg

So, the guy who allowed an HIV outbreak in Indiana while he was governor is now in charge of dealing with containing the coronavirus outbreak? https://huffpost.com/entry/mike-pence-indiana-hiv_n_57f53b9be4b002a7312022ef
 
ARE YOU REASSURED???
 
6:48 PM · Feb 26, 2020·Twitter Web App

It does give the vice president something to do besides going to funerals.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have contacted my senators and house representative to request that the corona virus response be placed in the hands of the CDC director and HHS professionals, not Pence and the HHS secretary.  You may wish to consider doing the same if you live in US.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It does give the vice president something to do besides going to funerals.

No, I'm NOT REASSURED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The U.S. relies on China for electronics, clothes, toys and, increasingly, prescription drugs. About 90% of the active ingredients used by U.S. companies in drug manufacturing come from China, which has prompted politicians and public health experts to express concern over potential shortages of common generics.

The FDA said earlier this week it was tracking about 20 drugs that are manufactured primarily in China. Depending on the drug, stockpiles lasting weeks, perhaps months, have been warehoused, according to supply chain experts.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't kill the messenger. 

Coronavirus Plushie Stuffed Toy Virus

https://www.etsy.com/listing/762009522/coronavirus-plushie-stuffed-toy-virus

Materials

poly fiberfil, fleece

Description

A soft, plush coronavirus toy of your very own! Get one for a friend, or even an enemy! Great gift for the doctors or medical students in your life.
You will get ONE (1) virus, but one is all it takes! 
Made from soft fleece, loopy chenille yarn, and poly fiberfil. The size is about 8 inches.

il_fullxfull.2224646637_r4lm.jpg

 

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/marketing/anxious-about-coronavirus-how-about-knitted-virus-stress-ball

croched-corona_WEB_edit.jpg

:lol:

 

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

Please don't kill the messenger. 

Coronavirus Plushie Stuffed Toy Virus

https://www.etsy.com/listing/762009522/coronavirus-plushie-stuffed-toy-virus

Materials

poly fiberfil, fleece

Description

A soft, plush coronavirus toy of your very own! Get one for a friend, or even an enemy! Great gift for the doctors or medical students in your life.
You will get ONE (1) virus, but one is all it takes! 
Made from soft fleece, loopy chenille yarn, and poly fiberfil. The size is about 8 inches.

il_fullxfull.2224646637_r4lm.jpg

 

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/marketing/anxious-about-coronavirus-how-about-knitted-virus-stress-ball

croched-corona_WEB_edit.jpg

:lol:

 

 

Hamradio, of course you feel the need to try to deflect from all the DESERVED CRITICISM of the Trump Administration’s sorry response to the Coronavirus epidemic,  but......Seriously!!!???!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael McAuliff

@mmcauliff

Azar refuses to promise a coronavirus vaccine will be affordable for anyone:

"We would want to ensure that we work to make it affordable,

but we can't control that price, because we need the private sector to invest..

Price controls won't get us there."

🤨

........In case anyone's forgotten, Azar was the president of Eli Lilly,

a member of the board of directors of a pharmaceutical lobby group,

and ran a strategist/consultant firm to the biotech and healthcare industries.

<_<

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr6666 said:

Michael McAuliff

@mmcauliff

Azar refuses to promise a coronavirus vaccine will be affordable for anyone:

"We would want to ensure that we work to make it affordable,

but we can't control that price, because we need the private sector to invest..

Price controls won't get us there."

🤨

........In case anyone's forgotten, Azar was the president of Eli Lilly,

a member of the board of directors of a pharmaceutical lobby group,

and ran a strategist/consultant firm to the biotech and healthcare industries.

<_<

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Azar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Mike Pence—the guy Trump just put in charge of managing a serious public health crisis
—wrote an op-ed in 2000 in which he claimed that the notion that smoking kills people was
just “hysteria from the political class and the media.”
 
So there’s that.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Azar?

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arturo said:

Hamradio, of course you feel the need to try to deflect from all the DESERVED CRITICISM of the Trump Administration’s sorry response to the Coronavirus epidemic,  but......Seriously!!!???!!!

This thread's title is Coronavirus epidemic 

So that is relevant! Just wanted to show how some people are profiting from diseases that has nothing to do with medicine.  They even make STD plush toys.

480x480.jpg

 

This one...

giant-microbes-collect-em-all-c.jpg

 

Lighten up!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swithin said:

stauffer_trump_coronavirus.jpg

 

 

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

8Y7I9R3X_bigger.jpg

Whistleblower claims she was reassigned by Trump Administration after highlighting the fact that workers WITHOUT PROTECTIVE GEAR were sent to receive Americans evacuating from Wuhan
 
6:31 PM · Feb 27, 2020·Twitter Web App

trump Administration has already started its Shady Con on the coronavirus by attacking a whistleblower.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, mr6666 said:

 

There another misleading claim that is debunked.

African people are not genetically resistant to the coronavirus.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coronavirus-cameroonian-student/

 

resist_false.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we have not had an update or uptick of the number of people officially having coronavirus, still at 60.  However, California governor Gavin Newsom said 33 people tested positive in the state, twice the number to what Trump claims nationwide.  The scary part is the reporting that there are no test kits to meet the situation, and health care professionals are saying they are not allowed to test all the people they need to.

Is this a decision from the Trump Administration?  Don’t test and the numbers won’t go up, maybe even “disappear”. A “miracle”?!    Science denying ostriches putting American lives at risk!  Pathetic!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

4gAmVLaI_bigger.jpg

"The American people don't need to hear from Donald Trump or Mike Pence about the coronavirus. They need to hear from the experts who know the fact, who know what's happening." -Ron Klain, head of the U.S. response to the Ebola crisis
 
Image result for Ron Klain on maddow
 
9:41 PM · Feb 27, 2020·Wildmoka

This is especially significant considering trump is a habitual liar and Pence made the HIV outbreak in his state much worse than it had to be.

Two political players who put self-interest ahead of the public good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...