Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I find it sad how moronic some folks are at this site.       They fail to understand that Trump,   a few GOP politicians and Fox so called News label it Chinese or Wuhan for political cover.      Political cover for the failure of Trump and his admin to recognize this was a going to be a major problem (yes, that started in China,,,,,,  OK conservatives!),  unless the admin took control of the situation.      We are a first world nation but with the Trump admin in charge we ended up acting like a third-world one.    That poor decision making is 100% on Trump and his admin.

I agree Chinese is not the best choice of words but Wuhan is more suitable, NO different than using Hong Kong to label the 1968 H3N2 pandemic .  Wuhan is the source of the virus, but this time more precise to the wet markets regarding COVID-19.

Don't think the flu can be deadly?

The influenza viruses that caused the Hong Kong flu. (magnified approximately 100,000 times)

hong-kong-flu-virus-tem-HRJPC6.jpg

1918-hongkongflu.jpg

5 Key Facts Not Explained In White House COVID-19 Projections

If and when the current wave of infections is suppressed, the U.S. will remain vulnerable.

Technically this is not an assumption in the model, but a prediction: Notwithstanding the large number of people who will get sick and even die over the roughly three months the model projects it will take to snuff the current wave of infections, the vast majority of Americans will not contract the virus. This means they will not have immunity against future waves of infection, which could be sparked by cases in the U.S. that remained undetected or by infected visitors from countries where the virus is still circulating widely.

"Our rough guess is that come June, at least 95% of the U.S. will still be susceptible," says IHME's Murray. "That means, of course, it can come right back. And so then we really need to have a robust strategy in place to not have a second wave."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/01/824744490/5-key-facts-the-white-house-isnt-saying-about-their-covid-19-projections?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

BS!  Google the same headline, Breibart in NOT the only news source of the story, think I didn't check before hand?  It was a test to see how fast racism is screamed AGAIN! Didn't let me down! :D . Guess you conveniently miss the SAME new report in USA Today which I'll post again!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/27/italy-101-year-old-born-during-spanish-flu-survives-coronavirus/2926073001/

I don't care how many other sources said it.

When someone utilizes and/or associates himself or herself with a news source that is promoted by neo-nazis and thekukluxklan,

Others are put on warning and don't have to be reminded to practice extreme social distancing.

• Like 1

10.png

note the widening gap between the U.S. and the other countries

On 3/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Monday, March 30th 2020

3,165-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

164,253-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

On 3/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Tuesday, March 31st 2020

3,890-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

188,578-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Source: Worldometers 

Wednesday, April 1st 2020

5,110-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

215,215-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States 

Before the coronavirus epidemic, I think  many Americans were hoping there won't be a major crisis with Trump as President, (especially with only months away until the election in November).  No such luck now. The crisis is here.  Very unfortunate for the American people to have Trump for President during this time.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/04/01/donald-trump-number-one-facebook-comment-video/

"The entire world is facing the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, but U.S. President Donald Trump, 73, has his mind on other things. “Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I’m number one on Facebook,” Donald proudly boasted at a press conference on Wednesday, April 1. “I thought that was very nice. For whatever it means, it represents something,” he continued, answering a question about his earlier tweets threatening Iran. While he didn’t clarify exactly how he is number one, fans were quick to point out that President Barack Obama actually has 55 million likes on his page compared to Trump’s 25 million."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Trump: "I like the numbers being where they are."

--------------

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has requested 100,000 body bags, officially called human remains pouches, and the Pentagon is looking to buy more body bags, as it dips into its stockpile of 50,000, Bloomberg reports. The request went through the Defense Logistics Agency, which oversees the distribution of the Pentagon's body bag stockpile.  (The Hill)

---------

(LA Times)

As the coronavirus spreads in Ecuador, bodies are being left on streets 

------------

A Brooklyn hospital on Tuesday resumed its use of a forklift to move the dead bodies of coronavirus victims, just hours after the shocking practice was exposed on the front page of The Post.

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

The Spanish Flu was from North America. It was called the Spanish flu because the government said newspapers were only allowed to report on the Spanish cases, for morale purposes ("disease on the homefront is bad, but no one cares about neutral Spain"). 

That part might be true, but then also, Germany and Great Britain were also suffering pandemics of it.  And WIKI had this about the disease....

Historical and epidemiological data are inadequate to identify with certainty the pandemic's geographic origin, with varying views as to its location.[1]  

SEPIATONE

33 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

That part might be true, but then also, Germany and Great Britain were also suffering pandemics of it.  And WIKI had this about the disease....

Historical and epidemiological data are inadequate to identify with certainty the pandemic's geographic origin, with varying views as to its location.[1]  

SEPIATONE

There were about 500 million cases of the Spanish flu worldwide.  Number of deaths, 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

Compared to Corona even the 1968 surpassed that by a large margin.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

Trying to find out in 1918 where and how the flu originated is nearly impossible since no one back then knew what a virus was.

12 minutes ago, hamradio said:

There were about 500 million cases of the Spanish flu worldwide.  Number of deaths, 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

Compared to Corona even the 1968 surpassed that by a large margin.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

You just don’t get it.  We are on an UPWARD CURVE here in the country, with insufficient response from the federal government to flatten it sufficiently.  That means that the minimum 100,000 deaths of Americans, as Is hoped from by the Trump administration, is going to exceed that substantially.  This is substantially more than your graph for 1968.  Plus it has yet to run its course in most of the world.

This is NOT the flu.  Nobody cares about the flu right now!  Even the idiot at the helm recognizes  this.  I guess Russia hasn’t reprogrammed all you bots, like Fox News has, to parrot the latest Trump positions.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Arturo said:

You just don’t get it.  We are on an UPWARD CURVE here in the country, with insufficient response from the federal government to flatten it sufficiently.  That means that the minimum 100,000 deaths of Americans, as Is hoped from by the Trump administration, is going to exceed that substantially.  This is substantially more than your graph for 1968.  Plus it has yet to run its course in most of the world.

This is NOT the flu.  Nobody cares about the flu right now!  Even the idiot at the helm recognizes  this.  I guess Russia hasn’t reprogrammed all you bots, like Fox News has, to parrot the latest Trump positions.

BOTH are RNA viruses which shares a lot  in common how they're contracted and spread. Cases are leveling in China and Italy.

23 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

You offend just about everyone then have the gall to play the victim.

In this respect, Hamradio is just like his hero/mentor Donald Trump!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Hope someone find a treatment for TDS which has some bat**** crazy as the bat which started this misery!

9 minutes ago, Arturo said:

BS on the hero / mentor crap.  You're the one with the OBSESSION !

Geeze I don't even quote Trump!

14 minutes ago, hamradio said:

BOTH are RNA viruses which shares in common how they're contracted and spread. Cases are leveling in China and Italy.

Italy still has THOUSANDS of deaths DAILY.  Plus, there is growing consensus in the SCIENTIFIC Community that it could come back stronger and deadlier in the Fall, just like the 1918-1919 pandemic.

11 minutes ago, hamradio said:

BS on the hero / mentor crap.  You're the one with the OBSESSION !

Geeze I don't even quote Trump!

You are just like him, as mentioned, playing victim that you are attacked for being a racist.  And your bot -like behavior, possibly robotic and involuntary, constantly deflects  for your Orange Master.  Just like him!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Italy still has THOUSANDS of deaths DAILY.  Plus, there is growing consensus in the SCIENTIFIC Community that it could come back stronger and deadlier in the Fall, just like the 1918-1919 pandemic.

What a crock!!!!  727 April 1st.

Italy records lowest coronavirus death toll for a week

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/italy-extends-lockdown-amid-signs-coronavirus-infection-rate-is-easing

27 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Hope someone find a treatment for TDS which has some bat**** crazy as the bat which started this misery!

People who do not believe a habitual liar are not crazy--

It's obviously the other way around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

People who do not believe a habitual liar are not crazy--

It's obviously the other way around.

Have you ever seen me post anything near to what Jake does praising Trump?

I'm not the one going on daily constant rants

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png

CNN

Debate is focusing on whether President Trump -- who spent weeks downplaying the likely impact of the coronavirus pandemic -- had cost lives by not being more proactive | Analysis by @stcollinson

1:37 AM · Apr 2, 2020·SocialFlow

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

zCnxSmsq_bigger.jpg

A day after New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo projected that 16,000 New Yorkers could die of the novel coronavirus by the time the outbreak has run its course, President Trump told the state to "stop complaining."

10:15 AM · Apr 2, 2020·Sprout Social

The real crisis in the coronavirus pandemic is that the United States has a president who cares more about his personal image, popularity and ability to win elections than he cares whether or not Americans die.

For months trump's been calling the international pandemic a hoax and continuing with his usual leisurely approach to the presidency by playing golf and speaking at rallies where he promotes racism and attacks his political adversaries with viciousness.

In these months leading into the extreme outbreak of the pandemic in the United States, trump should have been organizing our national offense. This was going to be difficult in fact, since he had destroyed the pandemic response team which had been assembled by Obama.

As far as we can see, only destroyed because it had been assembled by a black president.

Racism does not only hurt the intended victims, it's toxic and dangerous for the whole society as we are now finding out.

Now trump's actually called upon to be a real president and to organize a national crisis for the benefit of all Americans. But he spends his time attacking, denigrating and trying to make life more difficult for Democratic Governors who run populous states with people dying by the hundreds every day.

The Democrats really tried to save us from this catastrophe with the impeachment.

But the Republicans kept a sociopath and unqualified president in the office because they had an agenda that they wanted to fulfill.

I wonder if their agenda included the deaths of more Americans than were killed in the Korean and Vietnam Wars put together?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, hamradio said:

What a crock!!!!  727 April 1st.

Italy records lowest coronavirus death toll for a week

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/italy-extends-lockdown-amid-signs-coronavirus-infection-rate-is-easing

Whatever the specifics, that number you posted adds up to nearly 4,000 in one week.  You keep acting as if thousands of deaths is nothing!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Whatever the specifics, that number you posted adds up to nearly 4,000 in one week.  You keep acting as if thousands of deaths is nothing!

For some people who only see certain Americans as being worthwhile, Americans dying in general isn't that important to them.

But when they see their own kind of people, or their family and friends dying, that may change their viewpoint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the cure is for Trump to start travelling in an open air limousine.

• Like 2

You are still and enabler.

• Like 1

Simple question;  From a scale of 1 - 10,  how would you rate Trump and his Admin's response to the virus, back in mid-March.

I would give them a 4.     As for Italy;  yes it appears they have reached the peak of the curve BUT they are NOT reducing the measures \ controls  taken for at least another month (more likely two months).

My wife and I have daily calls with her relatives there and there measures \ controls are "tight".     

Back in mid-March Trump ignored the advise of medical professionals because he didn't wish to hurt the economy.   If he would have implemented very time measures \ controls back then,   the over all longer term negative impact of the economy would likely have been a lot less.       

• Thanks 1