Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

33 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Simple question;  From a scale of 1 - 10,  how would you rate Trump and his Admin's response to the virus, back in mid-March.

I would give them a 4.     As for Italy;  yes it appears they have reached the peak of the curve BUT they are NOT reducing the measures \ controls  taken for at least another month (more likely two months).

My wife and I have daily calls with her relatives there and there measures \ controls are "tight".     

Back in mid-March Trump ignored the advise of medical professionals because he didn't wish to hurt the economy.   If he would have implemented very time measures \ controls back then,   the over all longer term negative impact of the economy would likely have been a lot less.       

I would argue that he didn't want to hurt his re-election chances.  He was making the argument that it was a hoax to make him look back.  First Russia, then Ukraine and now the Virus.  Did you read George Conway's piece from yesterday?  PrincessTap reposted it in the George Conway thread.

It wan't just 'it is going to hurt the economy if I fight the virus.'  He was campaigning on its irrelevance.  And now he refuses to take any responsibility for his inaction whatsoever.  Tens of thousands are going to die now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Bogie56 said:

I would argue that he didn't want to hurt his re-election chances.  He was making the argument that it was a hoax to make him look back.  First Russia, then Ukraine and now the Virus.  Did you read George Conway's piece from yesterday?  PrincessTap reposted it in the George Conway thread.

It wan't just 'it is going to hurt the economy if I fight the virus.'  He was campaigning on its irrelevance.  And no he refuses to take any responsibility for his inaction whatsoever.  Tens of thousands are going to die now.

I view "hurt his re-election changes" in a similar vein as "hurt the economy" since the best talking-point Trump has (had now) leading up to the  2020 election back in late February was  the economy.     

21 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I view "hurt his re-election changes" in a similar vein as "hurt the economy" since the best talking-point Trump has (had now) leading up to the  2020 election back in late February was  the economy.     

I think George Conway makes the distinction better than I have.  It's a good article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I think George Conway makes the distinction better than I have.  It's a good article.

I understand that there is a distinction.   This is why I said similar vein.   Anyhow,  I don't think it matters;   Trump and his admin failed,  for all the wrong reasons and as a results thousands more are likely to die.    (and with all this evident,  some Trumpers  still have their heads in the sand).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png

CNN

Coronavirus deaths across the US have topped 5,000 and all but 11 states have issued sweeping orders for residents to stay home -- affecting nearly 90% of the country's population.

7:52 AM · Apr 2, 2020·SocialFlow

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png

CNN

A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

9:06 AM · Apr 2, 2020·SocialFlow

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

An economic catastrophe

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

·
18h

Replying to
Great response from the doctor but you could tell from her silence that she wanted him off.

She wasn’t going to ask any more follow up questions.

Apply to see even a small truth puncture the State TV bubble.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

As has been said, he won't be back on Fox.  The "producer" who arranged for him to be interviewed may be looking for a new job soon.  He was obviously much better informed and able to lay out the scenario than the brain dead people at Fox/Trump Noise.

·
4h

JUST IN: Travel data of passengers arriving in the U.S. from China during the critical period in December, January and February shows a stunning 759,493 people entered the U.S.

Disaster in motion: 3.4 million travelers poured into US as coronavirus pandemic erupted

"The numbers are clearly alarming."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/disaster-motion-34-million-travelers-poured-us-coronavirus/story?id=69933625&cid=social_twitter_abcn

:huh:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Simple question;  From a scale of 1 - 10,  how would you rate Trump and his Admin's response to the virus, back in mid-March.

I would give them a 4.     As for Italy;  yes it appears they have reached the peak of the curve BUT they are NOT reducing the measures \ controls  taken for at least another month (more likely two months).

My wife and I have daily calls with her relatives there and there measures \ controls are "tight".     

Back in mid-March Trump ignored the advise of medical professionals because he didn't wish to hurt the economy.   If he would have implemented very time measures \ controls back then,   the over all longer term negative impact of the economy would likely have been a lot less.       

Pretty soon the Whole World is going to be saying that we don't want to be like the USA, lol. Karma is a ****...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Capt. Brett Crozier, commander of USS Theodore Roosevelt is expected to be relieved by the Navy for "loss of trust and confidence" for begging the Navy to take care of the sailors on his ships.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/navy-expected-relieve-captain-who-raised-alarm-about-covid-19-n1175351

accused captain of sending memo over unclass server to 20-30 people outside chain of command. Said letter created panic on ship, misrepresented moves Navy was already making to move sailors off ship, unnecessarily panicked family members. Didn't accuse captain of leaking...........

: “He did this for the safety of the crew. Unfortunately it did the opposite. It unnecessarily raised alarm among families, raised concerns about operational capacity … and undermined chain of command.”..........

https://twitter.com/nickschifrin/status/1245817471069806592

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

accused captain of sending memo over unclass server to 20-30 people outside chain of command. Said letter created panic on ship, misrepresented moves Navy was already making to move sailors off ship, unnecessarily panicked family members. Didn't accuse captain of leaking...........

: “He did this for the safety of the crew. Unfortunately it did the opposite. It unnecessarily raised alarm among families, raised concerns about operational capacity … and undermined chain of command.”..........

https://twitter.com/nickschifrin/status/1245817471069806592

What the heck does an "acting" Sec. of Navy, Trump appointee know?

I was in ROTC for four years and then four months of officer training.  One thing I was taught was the priorities:  The mission, the men, me.  In Vietnam I learned the real priorities:  my superiors, the mission, the men (maybe), me.  Have a close friend who also served in Vietnam and he learned the same lesson.  If you do not take care of/protect your superiors first, you get screwed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

When will everyone get a test that can give results within 15 minutes like the one Pres Trump took?

Dr. Birx: We are prioritizing the" presidential" 15 minute tests

to places that need them most like rural areas, Native American areas, and other places.
===============================

Oh....is THAT what we must ask for??
the PRESIDENTIAL Test?
:blink:
  • Haha 1

No, you can't make an N95 mask out of a bra

bra.png

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: US Navy is expected to announce that it has relieved the captain who sounded the alarm about a coronavirus outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, according to two US officials.

4:38 PM · Apr 2, 2020·SocialFlow

IiIDShVO_bigger.jpg

Replying to

Joe Biden:

Cong. Medal of Honor for Capt. Brett Crozier, of the USS T. Roosevelt.

He knew the second he stepped out of chain of command he would lose his post, but he did it for the good of the 5,000 souls on his ship.

That's leadership.

Imagine Trump taking one for the team.

5:05 PM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter Web App

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

PJkWzk4u_bigger.jpg

If only they didn't reserve all their speed and competence for protecting the president's image rather than the American people.

5:32 PM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter Web App

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

3VBu4_Sa_bigger.jpg

Acting U.S. Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said Captain Brett Crozier exercised poor judgement in writing the letter about coronavirus outbreak on USS Theodore Roosevelt and has been removed from command https://reut.rs/2R7hwUk

US Navy FIRES captain of coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier USS ...

6:35 PM · Apr 2, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

DyFwGriJ_bigger.jpg

From what I can see, Capt. Crozier is a patriot who was just trying to do what’s best for his crew. If this report is accurate, I don’t know why he would be punished for that -- especially with so many lives at stake.

5:27 PM · Apr 2, 2020·TweetDeck

What kind of government does a thing like this?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

About the same a 4 but people shouldn't twist his suggestion about doctors trying what's already on the market regarding antivirals.  There simply is nothing else out there and any new drugs are years off.  Not Trump's fault some ignorant people took fish tank cleaner.

About earlier measures, we have to lock down regardless, economy will still be impacted, we're   second guessing ourselves on the longer economy impact because of the lack of data.  I'm upset some large cities i.e. New York,  Hoboken, NJ took such a ridiculously long time to close parks and playgrounds.

I give my governor a 10 on how fast he responded to COVID-19 locking down after only a  few cases.

As one quoted, this is a stress test on how the country reacts to a nationwide crises.  Heaven help us if a bigger one unfolds that does  cost millions of lives.

We WILL get though this!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

For some people who only see certain Americans as being worthwhile, Americans dying in general isn't that important to them.

But when they see their own kind of people, or their family and friends dying, that may change their viewpoint.

Still twisting words, the leftist favorite past time.  Odd how flu deaths seems UNIMPORTANT to you all! :angry:

On 3/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Monday, March 30th 2020

3,165-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

164,253-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

On 3/31/2020 at 10:27 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Tuesday, March 31st 2020

3,890-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

188,578-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Source: Worldometers 

22 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Wednesday, April 1st 2020

5,110-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

215,215-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States 

Thursday, April 2nd 2020

6,075-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

245,066-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

39 minutes ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Defense Secretary Mark Esper is under fire for the Pentagon's response to the coronavirus pandemic as lawmakers, national security experts and people throughout the Defense Department’s ranks fault him for a slow and uneven approach to the outbreak

9:30 PM · Apr 2, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

Has anyone or any Department in trump's Administration been proactive during this whole lead up to the pandemic and then in the midst of the pandemic crisis? 

• Sad 1

Minor point, but Hoboken, NJ is not a large city. 

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

About the same a 4 but people shouldn't twist his suggestion about doctors trying what's already on the market regarding antivirals.  There simply is nothing else out there and any new drugs are years off.  Not Trump's fault some ignorant people took fish tank cleaner.

About earlier measures, we have to lock down regardless, economy will still be impacted, we're   second guessing ourselves on the longer economy impact because of the lack of data.  I'm upset some large cities i.e. New York,  Hoboken, NJ took such a ridiculously long time to close parks and playgrounds.

I give my governor a 10 on how fast he responded to COVID-19 locking down after only a  few cases.

As one quoted, this is a stress test on how the country reacts to a nationwide crises.  Heaven help us if a bigger one unfolds that does  cost millions of lives.

We WILL get though this!

The social distancing order was in place in New York which should have applied to the parks and playgrounds as well.  They stayed open to give access to people to walk through, not to congregate and play basketball games.  It was when this was being abused that they had to officially close the playgrounds.

This is just another lame attempt to shift blame to the state level for the gross incompetence of the federal government leaders.

And I find it ironic that you are now crowing about the need to lock down everything when you were telling us only a few weeks ago time and again that this was just like a common flu and everyone was overreacting.  Not that anyone was listening.  For someone who doesn't even believe in evolution or man made climate change you sure post a lot of drivel about "science."

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

I find it sad how moronic some folks are at this site.       They fail to understand that Trump,   a few GOP politicians and Fox so called News label it Chinese or Wuhan for political cover.      Political cover for the failure of Trump and his admin to recognize this was a going to be a major problem (yes, that started in China,,,,,,  OK conservatives!),  unless the admin took control of the situation.      We are a first world nation but with the Trump admin in charge we ended up acting like a third-world one.    That poor decision making is 100% on Trump and his admin.

I usually agree with you and Larry but I fail to see how calling it Wuhan virus is different from something like "German Measles." I do agree Trump has mishandled it though and this is just more proof that the US requires a better healthcare system.