Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

China has donated 1,000 ventilators to New York as the U.S. state battles an extraordinary outbreak of COVID-19.

“This is a big deal and it’s going to make a significant difference for us,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.

12:19 PM · Apr 4, 2020·SocialFlow

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

The Trump administration reportedly failed to move forward with an Obama-era plan to make millions of protective masks for healthcare workers

10:54 AM · Apr 4, 2020·SocialFlow

Sadly trump's racism against Obama is negatively impacting Millions of Americans today.

Racism is toxic for the whole society.

• Sad 1

MV5BMTg0NzkyMTIyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk3

I just learned that my dear dear friend, Jay Benedict an American actor died today in London from complications of the coronavirus.  I'm heart broken.  At least three other friends presently have the disease.

• Sad 7

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

fQrin-BI_bigger.jpg

Trump is sounding today like he did during the period when he was calling for an Easter opening, emphasizing that the country needs to get open soon and can't do this for long, even as his administration maintains distancing guidelines through end of April.

4:44 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web Client

fQrin-BI_bigger.jpg

Fauci keeps emphasizing that physical separation is critical, "our most important tool." He says vaccines and drugs will help later, but this is what's essential now. "As sobering and difficult as this is, what we are doing is making a difference...we really need to continue."

4:47 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web Client

fQrin-BI_bigger.jpg

Trump continuing to express impatience with distancing measures: "We have to get this country open...this country was not designed to be closed...we had the greatest we ever had...we're paying people to stay home...and they want to go to work."

4:56 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web Client

TOnfByc7_bigger.jpg

Trump: “I want fans back in arenas.... They want to see basketball and baseball and football and hockey. They want to see their sports. They want to go onto the golf courses and breathe nice, clean, beautiful fresh air... I think it’s going to be sooner rather than later.”

4:51 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter for iPad

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Va64RXVb_bigger.jpg

.@realDonaldTrump told sports commissioners and execs the NFL season should start on time in SEPTEMBER, and that he hopes fans can return as soon as August. From @AdamSchefter and @wojespn:

3:30 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web App

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

"We have to get this country open...this country was not designed to be closed...we had the greatest we ever had...we're paying people to stay home...and they want to go to work."

Translation - My hotels and golf courses are losing money and are going to go teets up.

6 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Trump: “I want fans back in arenas.... They want to see basketball and baseball and football and hockey. They want to see their sports. They want to go onto the golf courses and breathe nice, clean, beautiful fresh air... I think it’s going to be sooner rather than later.”

ditto.

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 9:52 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Thursday, April 2nd 2020

6,075-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

245,066-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

On 4/3/2020 at 10:07 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Friday, April 3rd 2020

7,392-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

277,161-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Saturday, April 4th 2020

8,452--  Coronavirus deaths in the United States

311,357-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Pandemic750_2400_1725_80_s_c1.jpg

Before anyone complains, Daryl has been critical of Trump's handling of Corona.

cagle.gif

u54wLMme_bigger.jpg

Pres Trump, asked by @JDiamond1 why he hasn't asked states without stay at home orders to do so, says: If I saw a "massive breakout," I would come down "very hard" on those states.

Jeremy: Isn't the key to get out in front of outbreaks?

Trump said, "No. Not in that case."

4:58 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web App

d29_Rmsb_bigger.jpg

It’s like the president still doesn’t have any idea how any of this works.

10:10 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Ry9m4KDp_bigger.jpg

Recorded US cases explode despite having fewer tests per person than many other countries.

10:22 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Saturday, April 4th 2020

8,452--  Coronavirus deaths in the United States

311,357-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It’s like the president still doesn’t have any idea how any of this works.

Can't fix stupid.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Can't fix stupid.

Compounded by sheer arrogance and an unwillingness to learn anything.  He cannot even fix this never mind any of the problems he professes to hold the key too.

• Thanks 1

He Went to Jared
Heaven help us, we’re at the mercy of the Slim Suit crowd.

By Maureen Dowd
Opinion Columnist

April 4, 2020

Jared Kushner, coronavirus sage, federal stockpile co-owner and presidential son-in-law.
A few years ago, when some photos by Times photographers adorning our office walls were swapped out for others, I found one headed for the dumpster.

It captured the scene when Andy Card came over to whisper to George W. Bush, as he read “The Pet Goat” to schoolchildren in Sarasota, that a second plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.

It was such a pivotal moment in this country’s history, it seemed too important to toss. So I hung it in my office.

But then three days later, I had to get rid of it. The look in Bush’s eyes was so disturbing, I couldn’t bear to see it anymore.

He looked frightened, like a horrible bill had come due and he was utterly unprepared to pay it. He looked like what he was: a man who had been winging it for the first half of his life, playing and swaggering around while he relied on his daddy and daddy’s friends to prop him up.

W. was shaken to the core, and that left him vulnerable to being influenced by the older advisers around him with their own crazy agendas. America is still paying for the dreadful decisions that came after that moment. The same blend of arrogance and incompetence informed the Bush administration’s handling of Katrina — the earlier lash of nature that exposed the lethal fault line between the haves and have-nots. W. retreated to clinical states’ rights arguments as a beloved city drowned.

Now we have another pampered scion in the Oval, propped up by his daddy for half his life, accustomed to winging it and swaggering around. And he, too, is utterly unprepared to lead us through the storm. Like W., he is resorting to clinical states’ rights arguments, leaving the states to chaotically compete with one another and the federal government for precious medical equipment.

Donald Trump is trying to build a campaign message around his image as a wartime president. But as a commander in chief, Cadet Bone Spurs is bringing up the rear.

“I would leave it up to the governors,” Trump said Friday, when asked about his government’s sclerotic response. Trouble is, when you leave it to the governors, you have scenes like we did in Florida with the open beaches — not to mention a swath in the middle of the country that, as of Friday night, still had not ordered residents to stay home.

The Los Angeles Times reported that two months before the virus spread through Wuhan, the Trump administration halted a $200 million early-warning program to train scientists in China and elsewhere to deal with a pandemic. The name of the program? “PREDICT.”

It is said that nature abhors a vacuum, but this virus loves it.

At Thursday’s briefing, Rear Adm. John Polowczyk, who barely two weeks ago became the head of the administration’s supply-chain task force, added to the confusion when he defended the government’s decision to send the supplies governors are pleading for to the private sector first.

“I’m not here to disrupt a supply chain,” the admiral said.

Trump was elected to disrupt things. So disrupt.

The president seems oblivious to the fact that his own clown car of an administration bungled the priceless lead time we had to get ready for the pandemic.

With the death toll in this country soaring past 7,000, Trump is focused on the same thing he is always focused on: himself. He proudly told reporters Wednesday, “Did you know I was No. 1 on Facebook? I just found out I was No. 1 on Facebook. I thought that was very nice for whatever it means.” Our doom, perhaps?

Trump’s most defining qualities have been on display in this fight: He has been mercurial, vindictive, deceptive, narcissistic, blame-shifting and nepotistic.

At the Thursday briefing, the president brought out another wealthy, uninformed man-child who loves to play boss: Jared Kushner. Where’s our Mideast peace deal, dude? Surely Trump did not think giving Kushner a lead role would inspire confidence. This is the very same adviser who told his father-in-law early on that the virus was being overplayed by the press and also urged him to tout a Google website guiding people to testing sites that turned out to be, um, still under construction.

Now he is leading a group, mocked within the government as “the Slim Suit crowd,” that is providing one more layer of confusion — and inane consultant argot — to the laggardly, disorganized response.

From the lectern, Kushner drilled down on his role as the annoying, spoiled kid in every teen movie ever made. “And the notion of the federal stockpile was, it’s supposed to be our stockpile,” he said. “It’s not supposed to be the states’ stockpiles that they then use.”

Our stockpile?

That’s the way the Trump-Kushner dynasty has approached this whole presidency, conflating what belongs to the people with what is theirs. Trump acts like he has the right to dole out “favors,” based on which governor is most assiduous about kissing up to him.

On Friday, the administration changed the wording on the Department of Health and Human Services website about the stockpile to be matchy-matchy with Kushner’s cavalier dismissal of the states.

It was typical of Trump’s muddled message that on Friday, as the C.D.C. issued new guidelines to wear masks, the president said: “You can wear ’em. You don’t have to wear ’em,” adding he had no intention of wearing one because “Somehow, sitting in the Oval Office behind that beautiful Resolute desk, the great Resolute desk, I think wearing a face mask” did not gel with his image of greeting “prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens, I don’t know somehow, I don’t see it for myself.”

Trump’s eyes may not have the same fearful look that W.’s did. But ours do.

NY Times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

According to this week's The Economist this is also occurring in Italy and Spain.          At this time I wouldn't assume it is some type of government conspiracy.     

E.g.   In Bergamo,  Italy the normal death rate is 18 per 100K.   From March 1st - 31st,   an additional 40 per,  are confirmed C-19 deaths.    But there is also an additional 50 per, "excess deaths not attributed to C-19"  bringing the total to over 110 per 100K.       The mayor of the town said "Too many victims (of C-19) are not included in the reports because they die at home".         They don't have the time and resources to test someone and confirm if they died at home of C-19 or not.  

Of course the Trump admin will lie and deceive since that has been par-for-the-course for this admin on a host of issues,    but at this stage I don't think one can say that this is occurring with C-19 death counts.    I.e. a deliberate attempt to mislead.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

According to this weeks The Economist this is also occurring in Italy and Spain.          At this time I wouldn't assume it is some type of government conspiracy.     

E.g.   In Bergamo,  Italy the normal death rate is 18 per 100K.   From March 1st - 31st,   an additional 40 per,  are confirmed C-19 deaths.    But there is also an additional 50 per, "excess deaths not attributed to C-19,  bringing the total to over 110 per 100K.       The mayor of the town said "Too many victims (of C-19) are not included in the reports because they die at home".         They don't have the time and resources to test someone and confirm if they died at home of C-19 or not.  

Of course the Trump admin will lie and deceive since that has been par-for-the-course for this admin on a host of issues,    but at this stage I don't think one can say that this is occurring with C-19 death counts.    I.e. a deliberate attempt to mislead.    

I agree completely.  The information does let us know that things are worse than what CAN be confirmed at this time.

15 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I agree completely.  The information does let us know that things are worse than what CAN be confirmed at this time.

And the crazy thing is, many in the right-wing media are saying the opposite. They claim that many deaths that are reported as being due to COVID-19 are actually due to underlying conditions (heart failure, pulmonary disease, etc.), and are only added to the COVID-19 total in an effort to make Trump look bad. :(

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

And the crazy thing is, many in the right-wing media are saying the opposite. They claim that many deaths that are reported as being due to COVID-19 are actually due to underlying conditions (heart failure, pulmonary disease, etc.), and are only added to the COVID-19 total in an effort to make Trump look bad. :(

Donald Trump needs nobody’s help to look bad, in the pandemic or anything else!  He does it effortlessly by just being himself.  Presidential he’ll never be!

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I see that Arturo "laughed" at this post and of course that is spot-on as it relates to these right-wing nut jobs,   but all 4 could apply to this post;

Confused;   that would be the right-wing media and talking heads like sicko Sean Hannity.   

Sad;   that is a valid reaction to the sickos like Sean Hannity

• Like 1

Just now, Arturo said:

Donald Trump needs nobody’s help to look bad, in the pandemic or anything else!

And my above statement isn't even the craziest right-wing stuff that I've read concerning COVID-19.

I read some lengthy rant a couple of days ago where the author claimed that the COVID-19 pandemic is just a smokescreen designed to hide what's really going on - the implementation of thought control via 5G technology. They claim that there's a correlation between the spread of "COVID-19" and the areas where 5G signals have been broadcast. What the authorities claim is a rapidly spreading illness is really just 1) the human body struggling against the invasive 5G brainwave control signals, or 2) normal illness made more severe due to the deleterious effects of the 5G signal. 

It all sounded like something someone around here would post. Oh, and the place where I read the above "theory" had a ton of comments agreeing with their assertions.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

https://jacobitemag.com/2020/04/04/bring-out-the-bodies/

BRING OUT THE BODIES

The image of these spike proteins resonates with the human instinct to present the pandemic as an act of external aggression by an ‘invisible enemy’. Yes, a coronavirus’s spike proteins do indeed seem the weapons by which the virus gains entry to the cells in the body. The media are missing the point here, however. Many thousands of viruses have spike proteins or some equivalent point of contact, but only a few of them can ‘bind’ or ‘dock’ with the surface of the cells in the human body. Those that can are those that can then enter in, and take that cell’s RNA or DNA to replicate themselves and wreak havoc with the body’s functions. The microscopic image we should be seeing is our own cell receptor which willingly binds with the virus’s spike proteins, ACE2. The unthinkable truth is that our own ACE2 tries to function as an agent of bodily consent, working directly against our own will.  

Of course other elements of the body then spring into action. The ultimate defenders of the will of our choosing are called anti-bodies, as if they’re forces working against elements of our own body. Anti-ACE 2 antibodies subvert the binding of the virus with the body’s cells, either generated by the body’s self-defence, or hosted by the body courtesy of a vaccine. We are assured that the full strength of human ingenuity is working round the clock, to bring out the (anti)bodies. The spike proteins are the focus of the visual representations of the virus because any dismissal of the body itself as somehow negative is unacceptable. To see the body as malevolent is the ancient heresy of gnosticism. The coronavirus presents itself to us as an envoy of the demiurge of old, obedience to which was understood to reduce human beings to the level of mere beasts: hence, zoonosis as the gateway to zoognosticism. 

27 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yes, everyone in Italy, Spain, Canada and the rest of the counties around the world are also inflating these virus death numbers to make Trump look bad.

It is reminiscent of the Puerto Rico death toll but on a much much larger scale.  Was it 106 or 3,000 as was eventually determined by independent sources.  That should have been a big Katrina wake up call to America that Trump was woefully unprepared to handle any crisis whatsoever, never mind one like this.  He much prefers to ignore everything and just bellow blame elsewhere.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

That should have been a big Katrina wake up call to America that Trump was woefully unprepared to handle any crisis whatsoever

Naaaaaahhhhhh, they  are all all brown people in Puerto Rico, don'tcha know.

2 hours ago, Sukhov said:

https://jacobitemag.com/2020/04/04/bring-out-the-bodies/

BRING OUT THE BODIES

The image of these spike proteins resonates with the human instinct to present the pandemic as an act of external aggression by an ‘invisible enemy’. Yes, a coronavirus’s spike proteins do indeed seem the weapons by which the virus gains entry to the cells in the body. The media are missing the point here, however. Many thousands of viruses have spike proteins or some equivalent point of contact, but only a few of them can ‘bind’ or ‘dock’ with the surface of the cells in the human body. Those that can are those that can then enter in, and take that cell’s RNA or DNA to replicate themselves and wreak havoc with the body’s functions. The microscopic image we should be seeing is our own cell receptor which willingly binds with the virus’s spike proteins, ACE2. The unthinkable truth is that our own ACE2 tries to function as an agent of bodily consent, working directly against our own will.  

Of course other elements of the body then spring into action. The ultimate defenders of the will of our choosing are called anti-bodies, as if they’re forces working against elements of our own body. Anti-ACE 2 antibodies subvert the binding of the virus with the body’s cells, either generated by the body’s self-defence, or hosted by the body courtesy of a vaccine. We are assured that the full strength of human ingenuity is working round the clock, to bring out the (anti)bodies. The spike proteins are the focus of the visual representations of the virus because any dismissal of the body itself as somehow negative is unacceptable. To see the body as malevolent is the ancient heresy of gnosticism. The coronavirus presents itself to us as an envoy of the demiurge of old, obedience to which was understood to reduce human beings to the level of mere beasts: hence, zoonosis as the gateway to zoognosticism. 

Most people seems to fight off COVID-19 with little problems.  The question is why, how did their immune system reacted quickly enough to kill the virus before it took a foothold.  Were they exposed to something similar in the past?  The new vaccine patch under test offers hope.

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/116290/novel-microneedle-array-developed-to-deliver-covid-19-vaccine-to-mice/

The virus attacking us now is called SARS-CoV-2

"Coronavirus" can cover other variations (too generic)

Be neat for future vaccinations - no more needles.

228134_web-e1585908137955.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

His first 'herd immunity'  plan was to let the virus work its way through the population which cost Britons valuable time in the pandemic fight.

It looks like Boris Johnson was a slacker,  just like trump, wasting time koa while the pandemic was waiting in the wings.