Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

29 minutes ago, jakeem said:

OL9C6H18_bigger.jpg

The coronavirus is projected to kill more than 100,000 Americans. But in this moment of upheaval, Trump and his advisers haven’t lost sight of the opportunity to advance his agenda.

4:34 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPad

How selfish can you get?

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, jakeem said:

fQrin-BI_bigger.jpg

This is the president explicitly telling Americans, en masse, to take a drug that may have serious effects for them, that hasn't been proven safe and effective for this use, and that is needed by others with serious illnesses for which it is proven.

5:51 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web Client

4 hours ago, hamradio said:
19 hours ago, jakeem said:

fQrin-BI_bigger.jpg

This is the president explicitly telling Americans, en masse, to take a drug that may have serious effects for them, that hasn't been proven safe and effective for this use, and that is needed by others with serious illnesses for which it is proven.

5:51 PM · Apr 4, 2020·Twitter Web Client

By a doctor if the trial test proves effective by which is receiving great results.
These are prescription drugs NOT over the counter.  It's dangerous to obtain them on the internet or black market by which no one knows who made them or what's really in it.  This twisting of words / taking out of context are going to have people dying because fear will be associated with this nonsense once the FDA approves for normal dispensing by the doctor / pharmacist.

21 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

You can get anything you want over the internet. We've already seen that some trump supporters aren't very bright and might try to obtain the drug in any way they can.

Drugs should not be promoted to cure a disease when they have not been approved to be associated with that disease.

trump is too arrogant, narcissistic and ignorant to know how to keep his mouth shut about drugs and medical applications in the middle of a national pandemic.

That arrogance is unbelievable when he has one of the world's top Medical authorities on viruses standing right there beside him --

Dr Fauci.

" Going to have people dying", one man has already died from listening to trump.

And more than 9,000 Americans have already died because of --

1) trump's refusal  to prepare for this pandemic and

2) trump's destruction of the Obama Administration's preparedness team, organization, and directives and

3) trump's refusal to take it seriously for the two months leading into--

going out in public rallies and calling it a hoax  and  a  instrument against him  created by the Democratic party and the left-wing liberal media and

4) Now trump's refusal  to give the governors what they need to keep Americans alive.

No, trump is still playing his Petty Partisan  Political games of self-interest, while Americans are fighting for survival.

This is a serious attack upon the survival of the United States and trump is refusing or is incapable of  giving us federally directed management of this National Crisis--

which is destroying our health  care systems, our financial systems and most importantly American lives.

*If trump is unable to do the job, then he needs to step aside and let Pence take over because at this point he's not just AWOL--

no he's worse than that --

trump is counterproductive by criticizing the governors on the front lines and by contradicting directives and opinions from the medical experts at the CDC.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Z7POKTZ6_bigger.jpg

"The United States will likely go down as the country that was supposedly best prepared to fight a pandemic but ended up catastrophically overmatched by the novel #coronavirus."

1:31 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

f053ce187d9fe1393f4684ca92c89d74_bigger.

WaPo's Sunday lead story: "70 days of denial, delays and dysfunction." https://washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/04/04/coronavirus-government-dysfunction/?arc404=true

7:46 AM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter Web Client

70 days

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

If trump is unable to or refuses to take the leadership position-- reiterated in the oath of office he swore to uphold--

then he needs to step aside and let Pence become president.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

For more evidence of this: check out the  "Yesterday, our troubles seemed so far away" thread.

12 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

If trump is unable to or refuses to take the leadership position-- reiterated in the oath of office he swore to uphold--

then he needs to step aside and let Pence become president.

Tapper and anyone with a brain knows that Trump is unable to provide such leadership.     In addition Trump isn't qualified to explain "what is going to be done to get us out of this".      So this is just more of CNN being political and at this time that isn't going to do anyone any good.    

Most Governors have already done this and it would be wise for citizens to list to them instead of clueless Trump and his admin.

I do feel somewhat sorry for the citizens of those 8 states with those clueless asinine Governors  (well only for the ones that didn't vote for these clowns).

But what needs to be done is out there;  Stay home.   Stay 6 feet away from EVERYONE other than those that are living with you.    Only allow ONE person per household to leave said household.   Wear a mask.     Wipe down anything that enters the household with a sanitizer or 70% alcohol.

49 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

It looks like Boris Johnson was a slacker,  just like trump, wasting time koa while the pandemic was waiting in the wings.

He wasn't a denier like Trump but he was taking it under advisement that the thing to do was nothing.  They then told him at some point between 2 and 3 million would die and he changed his tune.

I feel lucky to have gone out of London actually because Boris was incredibly late with measures to fight the pandemic and like NYC the city is dense and has tons of public transit.

I thought Boris was a complete manipulative twit before this BTW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

He wasn't a denier like Trump but he was taking it under advisement that the thing to do was nothing.  They then told him at some point between 2 and 3 million would die and he changed his tune.

I feel lucky to have gone out of London actually because Boris was incredibly late with measures to fight the pandemic and like NYC the city is dense and has tons of public transit.

I thought Boris was a complete manipulative twit before this BTW.

And Boris was just with the queen in early March.

I'm sure he would not want to have the Legacy of having given her majesty the Coronavirus.

16 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Tapper and anyone with a brain knows that Trump is unable to provide such leadership.     In addition Trump isn't qualified to explain "what is going to be done to get us out of this".      So this is just more of CNN being political and at this time that isn't going to do anyone any good.    

Most Governors have already done this and it would be wise for citizens to list to them instead of clueless Trump and his admin.

I do feel somewhat sorry for the citizens of those 8 states with those clueless asinine Governors  (well only for the ones that didn't vote for these clowns).

But what needs to be done is out there;  Stay home.   Stay 6 feet away from EVERYONE other than those that are living with you.    Only allow ONE person per household to leave said household.   Wear a mask.   

* Wipe down anything that enters the household with a sanitizer or 70% alcohol.

James, if you can find a sanitizer or disinfectant at the grocery store.

I couldn't, and I actually had a friend who gave me a dispenser of a disinfectant as a gift.

3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

James, if you can find a sanitizer or disinfectant at the grocery store.

I couldn't, and I actually had a friend who gave me a dispenser of a disinfectant as a gift.

We were able to purchase some Lysol disinfectant.     We also made some of our own by taking hand sanitizer and adding 70% alcohol to it.   

We learned some tips from my wife's Italian relatives a few weeks back that helped us get slightly ahead of most here in the states.

I hope you can get some disinfectant.       Take care and stay safe.      

• Thanks 1

NYT: Capt. Brett Crozier, the Navy captain who was removed from command of the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt,

has tested positive for coronavirus.
:(
  • Sad 1

Normally in NYC 20-25 people die at home each day.

We are now at 200-215. Every day.

For sure nearly all the increase is people w/ coronavirus. But not all are being counted that way.

One reason that the official NYC covid death count--already high--is certainly an undercount.

Only people who die at home who are known to have a *positive coronavirus test* have the disease listed as the official cause on their death certificate.

We know there are many others going uncounted.
==================================================

Or, of course, they're people who would ordinarily go to the hospital — or be admitted to the hospital

— who no longer can because of all of the COVID-19 patients.

Which is, in some ways, an even more tragic indictment of our health care system.

:huh:
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus in first known case of the virus being detected in animal in the US

Remember my earlier post...

Cats may be able to contract SARS-CoV-2, but evidence is limited

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/cats-may-be-able-to-contract-sars-cov-2-but-evidence-is-limited#Insufficient-evidence

ANY mode of POSSIBLE transmissions needs to be studied!

Cats, I hope not.

Guess so. :(

YWAEcx9z_bigger.jpeg

Trump’s insistence Dr. Fauci not answer questions about hydroxychloroquine is more than a little suspicious.

8:24 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

hmykwNMD_bigger.jpg

Trump knows Fauci disagrees with him. It was really remarkable that he blocked the top infectious disease expert in the government from answering.

8:23 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

gE5NNsPH_bigger.jpg

Trump cuts off an Associated Press reporter who was attempting to ask about this report showing that federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 masks, ventilators & other equipment needed by health care workers.

8:28 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

Hopefully, one botched presidential election--

Perverted by Russian conspiratorial interference and pandering to racists--

Will not cause the end of the United States of America being a 1st World country and a 1st World power.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3RGm-UXe_bigger.jpg

Why is the President wasting his top tier Coronovirus team’s time to do this useless briefing and push hydroxychloroquine?? This is draining energy from the fight against the virus. The President is getting in the way of any progress. He slows any progress to have cam-time

7:33 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPad

u54wLMme_bigger.jpg

Rear Adm. John Polowczy said today at briefing that the task force is making sure hydroxychloroquine is readily available.

So as Pres Trump continues to tout the drug that hasn't been proven to prevent or treat coronavirus, federal resources are being used to make it available.

7:34 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

w7Ba-KE7_bigger.jpg

Are they manufacturing hydroxychloroquine at Trump golf courses now that nobody’s golfing?

7:36 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

WRqvgzqW_bigger.jpg

A tale of different Americas

7:41 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

u54wLMme_bigger.jpg

Pres Trump saying he is not touting using hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus when he has touted taking it. He said: "I want to save lives...It may not work...It may work, in which case it's gonna save a lot of lives...I don't want to wait a year and a half to find out."

7:52 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

trump or some family members or close friends and business associates probably have a big investment in this drug.

Knowing how badly trump's properties are doing right now, and how Desperate Jared Kushner is for cash for his properties,

I wouldn't be surprised if they're counting on this as a windfall.

trump wouldn't be trump if he couldn't figure out a way to take advantage of and to make money from a national crisis where Americans are scared to death and so many are dying. 

Don't forget, a sociopath has no empathy.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2020 at 9:52 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Thursday, April 2nd 2020

6,075-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

245,066-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

On 4/3/2020 at 10:07 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Friday, April 3rd 2020

7,392-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

277,161-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

23 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Saturday, April 4th 2020

8,452--  Coronavirus deaths in the United States

311,357-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Sunday, April 5th 2020

9,618-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

336,830-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

DvUGrnpj_bigger.jpg

The Surgeon General says get ready for Pearl Harbor and the same evening we get happy talk from the White House. The point must be to confuse and then be able to spin whatever happens.

7:26 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

OL9C6H18_bigger.jpg

“The blunt assessments show just how much has changed in the weeks since President Donald Trump’s predictions that the virus would soon pass, and his suggestions that much of the economy could be up and running by Easter”

7:59 PM · Apr 5, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I saw this doctor on TV and he had the nerve to say that the governors  needed to do this and the governors needed to do that.

There he is standing in the White House right next to the president, the person who has taken the oath of office to defend the United States its citizens, above all the US Constitution and --

he's saying the governors should do this and that to protect all the citizens in this country.

We all know, that the president of the United States is the only Federal Officer who represents all Americans. And the president of the United States is the only executive who has the power, the duty and the right to coordinate and manage all 50 states in cohesion for a common goal.

After burning the midnight oil with all those medical books, maybe the Surgeon General should have taken some time out to review the US Constitution from his American Government class in high school.-- particularly the part about the executive branch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Wipe down anything that enters the household with a sanitizer or 70% alcohol.

ah, to have disinfectant wipes, a bottle of lysol, or alcohol.  If you're like me....pretty much without...you might try what I'm doing...I leave every box that's delivered in my garage (actually sitting on my car) for at least three days...that's the max the virus can live on any surface (for cardboard, it's one, but inside is always plastic).   I plan on a trip to the grocery this week...wish me luck (I'm going early this time, and with lowered expectations)...