Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

4 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Heel, physician thyself. 

So much for the GOP believing in the sanctity of life,   From what their politicians, tv pundits, and quacks have been alluding to/saying outright, from Trump to GOP in Congress to Fox State News, the sanctity of the economy is more important the tens of thousands of lives already lost and the more to come!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

m69am71W_bigger.jpg

Dr. Oz just made the argument that we should reopen schools because *only* 2-3% of kids will die.

I'm seeing different arguments about what he means by "cost us 2-3% in terms of total mortality."

There should be no debate. We don't need to sacrifice a single kid.

What we should be doing to "get our mojo back" is giving normal people the money and healthcare they need.

11:19 AM · Apr 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

What kind of doctor is he?

Better yet, what kind of human being is he?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

CLekjyHD_bigger.jpg

IL Gov. Pritzker is planning to obtain millions of masks and gloves from China and bring those supplies back to Illinois on charter jets — but he’s keeping the details secret out of fear the Trump admin might seize the cargo for the federal stockpile

11:03 AM · Apr 16, 2020·Twitter Web Client

This is preposterous.

In 2017, there were 73.7 million children younger than 18 in the United States,

4 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Dr. Oz: I'm seeing different arguments about what he means by "cost us 2-3% in terms of total mortality."

that's  only 2,211,000 dead kids

Just now, cigarjoe said:

In 2017, there were 73.7 million children younger than 18 in the United States,

that's  only 2,211,000 dead kids

I didn't know Dr. Oz was a Republican.

Come on you guys you appear to be clueless.    2 to 3%, in terms of total mortality means: 

if 100 people die (all ages) out of 100,000,   a 3% increase would mean 103  die out of 100,000.

Total MORTALITY not total of the population.

In addition no plan can spare a 'single kid':      Instead one has to be mature enough to discuss what is an acceptable death rate.  It can't be ONE out of 73 million.

21 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Wednesday, April 15th 2020

28,529-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

644,089-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Source, Worldometer

Thursday, April 16th 2020

34,617-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

677,570--Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

You know they're talking about public schools--

Because they send their kids and grandchildren to private schools.

Don't know where you get the idea kids attending private schools won't contract Covid-19,  Private schools are closed along with the public. 

A virus doesn't need to pay tuition to get in. 

Private schools navigate end of school year, along with next year's enrollment

https://13wham.com/news/local/private-schools-navigate-the-end-of-the-school-year-along-with-next-years-enrollment

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

kdiVL3Af_bigger.jpg

The Trump administration has released their Opening Up America Again plan: https://cnn.it/34Fbikg Phase 1 will allow gyms, restaurants, cinemas, sporting venues, and churches to open with social distancing. Schools and daycares will remain closed.

5:18 PM · Apr 16, 2020·TweetDeck

i8EZpjPO_bigger.jpg

Is he insane?

5:39 PM · Apr 16, 2020·Twitter for Android

YWAEcx9z_bigger.jpeg

Unless I’m missing something here, Trump’s big idea for reopening the economy is telling the states, “It’s up to you,” which is what states are doing anyway b/c there’s been no substantive federal guidance or help.

Mr. I Have Total Control's big plan is no plan.

5:59 PM · Apr 16, 2020·TweetDeck

hmykwNMD_bigger.jpg

New polling from PEW:

65% of Americans say Trump was *too slow* to take major steps to address the threat to the United States when cases of the disease were first reported in other countries.

73% say the worst is yet to come.

66% worry restrictions will be lifted too soon.

3:24 PM · Apr 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

" The worst is yet to come. "

On 2/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, mr6666 said:

CDC Warns It Expects Coronavirus to Spread in U.S.

Official says authorities are preparing for a potential pandemic; Trump administration’s response is challenged in Congress

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cdc-warns-it-expects-coronavirus-to-spread-in-u-s-11582653829

Interesting to look back at February.  It wasn't that  that long ago.

As far as Trump and GOP governors and Trumpists saying we can see the end, that is the equivalent of Dwight Eisenhower saying we have seen the end one week after Normandy.  Then telling the president that he could begin discharging soldiers, closing military bases and letting manufacturers stop making tanks, guns and airplanes and return to making cars, appliances, clothes, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Come on you guys you appear to be clueless.    2 to 3%, in terms of total mortality means: 

if 100 people die (all ages) out of 100,000,   a 3% increase would mean 103  die out of 100,000.

Total MORTALITY not total of the population.

In addition no plan can spare a 'single kid':      Instead one has to be mature enough to discuss what is an acceptable death rate.  It can't be ONE out of 73 million.

My understanding of Dr. Oz's comment is 2-3% of students would die who would otherwise not have died.  Not a 2-3% increase in number of deaths.

So, out of your 100,000, that's 3,000 dead students who should be alive.

6 minutes ago, TheCid said:

My understanding of Dr. Oz's comment is 2-3% of students would die who would otherwise not have died.  Not a 2-3% increase in number of deaths.

So, out of your 100,000, that's 3,000 dead students who should be alive.

That is exactly how I understood those comments.  If there are 80 Million students, you’d have the worst-case scenario of 1.6 - 2.4 Million deaths with just them alone, based on what this “doctor” said was acceptable.  No wonder he walked it back.

Just like the Indiana politician who stated that he would choose letting Americans die, jjg is not getting the implications of what these loathsome humans are saying, and saying everybody else is misunderstanding the statements.

4 hours ago, Arturo said:

That is exactly how I understood those comments.  If there are 80 Million students, you’d have the worst-case scenario of 1.6 - 2.4 Million deaths with just them alone, based on what this “doctor” said was acceptable.  No wonder he walked it back.

Just like the Indiana politician who stated that he would choose letting Americans die, jjg is not getting the implications of what these loathsome humans are saying, and saying everybody else is misunderstanding the statements.

Don't You Get it By Now......

The Reped-lick-cans* (*Twumps ) have not walked anything back they are just going to let it happen by their inaction on testing......

Wake the "F" up America!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

Oprah has some 'splainin to do.

Yea,  the irony here is interesting.     Oprah clearly leans-left.    She is the one that made these guys the media stars that they are today.  

I guess they still crave attention and thus can't help themselves by getting on T.V. and acting like irresponsible clowns.    Can't they just do that on their own shows?

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

CNSGrEIF_bigger.jpg

Are we testing enough to re-open the economy? President Trump says yes. These health experts say no.

5:54 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

Coronavirus testing would have to be at least doubled or tripled from its current levels to allow for even a partial reopening of U.S. economy, public health experts say.

5:44 AM · Apr 17, 2020·SocialFlow

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

West Virginia Gov. Justice issues executive order for all nursing homes to be tested for COVID-19

https://www.wtrf.com/news/health/coronavirus/gov-justice-issues-executive-order-for-all-nursing-homes-to-be-tested-for-covid-19/

He also said there will be no reopening of businesses at present, even in counties with no cases of COVID-19

I assume coal mines are open for business?      I can see that being reasonable if employees are provided adequate protections (but since even during normal times miners have been exploited by management,    I question if management even cares).