Coronavirus Epidemic

51 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Jim Cummings

@jimmycthatsme
· Apr 18
Huntington Beach this morning...

Did she mean this ironically?..........  :blink:

EV6AS7XU4AA2h9B?format=jpg&name=medium

I hope she gets what she is looking for,,  well,  only the latter that is.

Anyhow,    there were only 100 or so protesters (the county has over 3 million residents),  and they were mocked at all levels;  (the local media,  every local politician,   even the few members of the GOP,    and just people in general (based on media interviews).

While the O.C.  is a conservative county (well conservative as it relates to CA),    and until the 2016 election the House members were 80% or more from the GOP,   in 2018 the GOP lost everyone of those seats.   (e.g. in my district,  first timer Katie Porter took over a seat the GOP had held for over 4 decades).      I'm predicting Dems will hold onto every one of those seats.     Not too many in the O.C.  wish to vote GOP as long as Trump is around.  

• Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I hope she gets what she is looking for,,  well,  only the latter that is.

Anyhow,    there were only 100 or so protesters (the county has over 3 million residents),  and they were mocked at all levels;  (the local media,  every local politician,   even the few members of the GOP,    and just people in general (based on media interviews).

While the O.C.  is a conservative county (well conservative as it relates to CA),    and until the 2016 election the House members were 80% or more from the GOP,   in 2018 the GOP lost everyone of those seats.   (e.g. in my district,  first timer Katie Porter took over a seat the GOP had held for over 4 decades).      I'm predicting Dems will hold onto every one of those seats.     Not too many in the O.C.  wish to vote GOP as long as Trump is around.  

I hope she does to.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXsefJBLNydHeqBhMGYFT

;)

Maybe after this is over Baskin Robbins will come out with these ice cream cakes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSypY8cf6hasGnR0ElM6m_

coronavirus_cake_by_shannon_brewer_roth.

• Haha 1

People on the Navajo Nation are testing positive for the coronavirus at a rate more than 9 times higher than people in the entire state of Arizona,

based on reported cases and 2010 census data.

Coronavirus hits Indian Country hard, exposing infrastructure disparities

"You're saying 20 seconds of wash your hands with water," a Navajo doctor in Arizona said. "We do not have plumbing. And that's how I grew up."

:(
3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Jim Cummings

@jimmycthatsme
· Apr 18

Seems like death is what she might find!

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Saturday, April 18th 2020

39,015--Coronavirus deaths in the United States

738,913--Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

Source, Worldometer

Sunday, April 19th 2020

40, 555-- Coronavirus deaths in the United States

763, 836-- Confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Why did you post a 40 year old photo of someone having a bad hair day? :huh:

For Johnny Rotten that was probably a good hair day. I didn't make it clear enough

but Rotten once sang I am the Anti-Christ from the song Anarchy in the U.K. 

18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Jim Cummings

@jimmycthatsme
· Apr 18

Well, with the former, she might get the latter as well.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I spoke to a friend earlier today on the phone. He said that he went to fill up at a local gas station ($1.69 a gallon!), and that the cashier inside was speaking to someone else, and telling him that he (the cashier) had just recovered from COVID-19, saying he got a positive test a couple of weeks earlier, and how poorly he still felt. My friend said the guy looked like death warmed over, and that he coughed more than once while my friend waited to pay. The cashier said he couldn't take any more time off or he'd have been fired. The cashier was not wearing a face mask or gloves.

So that's the kind of BS going on around here.

• Sad 2
13 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

John McDaniel railed on social media against Ohio's Gov. Mike DeWine's lockdown order . Weeks later he contracted the virus. A few days ago he died

and probably infected a lot of others along the way....😟

Someone needs to slap these people silly and tell them 'It's not all about you!!'  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rapid coronavirus test, commonly used in U.S., may miss infections in some situations

A rapid test for the novel coronavirus that was unveiled by President Trump on the White House lawn and has already been used hundreds of thousands of times can falsely produce negative results in patients who are infected, according to clinicians and laboratory experts.

The 13-minute test, developed by Abbott Laboratories, a major U.S. health care and medical device company, usually still works properly, the company and clinicians say. But Abbott’s initial guidance on how to administer the test — guidance approved by the Food and Drug Administration — could lead to an unspecified number of false negative results. .........

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/rapid-coronavirus-test-commonly-used-in-u-s-may-miss-infections-in-some-situations/

:unsure: