Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sukhov

Coronavirus Epidemic

23 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The United States has 4% of the world's population with 30% of the coronavirus deaths.

How did this happen? Why did this happen?

The only answer is a total failure of trump's Administration to properly manage the pandemic on any level.

On Jake Tapper this weekend Secretary Azar blamed the exaggerated deaths on the unhealthiness of the American people in whole.  Besides having Nazi overtones, even if true is this not a result of the health system that exists in the country, or lack thereof?  You can hardly blame this on the individuals as he was clearly trying to do.

In any event, I'm not buying it.  This was clearly just another excuse to deflect from their gross incompetence.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

On Jake Tapper this weekend Secretary Azar blamed the exaggerated deaths on the unhealthiness of the American people in whole.  Besides having Nazi overtones, even if true is this not a result of the health system that exists in the country, or lack thereof?  You can hardly blame this on the individuals as he was clearly trying to do.

In any event, I'm not buying it.  This was clearly just another excuse to deflect from their gross incompetence.

I saw those comments and I think you're taking them way out of content.   Nazi overtones????  Total nonsense.    

Trump admin clowns get blamed for NOT understanding and following science and here you go on doing that.   

American have known health issues to degrees that many other countries don't have,  especially health issues in certain communities.   You have heard of obesity.   This is more common in the black and Latino communities.    American men  over 50 are much more likely to have comorbidity factors than women over 50.    I do statistical modeling related to health care studies and one has to build in such factors into the models.     Again,  that is just being scientific.  

NOW:  Of course what Azar was trying to avoid was discussing the incompetence  of Trump and his admin in dealing with this  crisis and how that has lead to additional  (unnecessary) deaths.    How many can never be  determined.      I'll give you that (since that is what Trump admin official are told and trained to do).    

But science is science;    Too many Americans eat poorly,  drink and smoke too much,  and don't exercise.     These are all behaviors that an individual can and should be blamed for. 

PS:   Azar clearly ended the interview by saying he was NOT blaming these individuals (that is the part I felt was BS).   He also stated that the US health care system with its uneven treatment was highly responsible  (something you must agree with since you that is one of your pet peeves).    

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

These are all behaviors that an individual can and should be blamed for. 

The doctors that followed thought that this comment was outrageous.  

18 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

The doctors that followed thought that this comment was outrageous.  

It outrageous to blame someone for eating crappy food to excess and getting unhealthy?   (e.g.  high cholesterol levels,  getting type-2 diabetes,  clogged arteries at a relatively young age, etc...).    You really believe that?   

Now I can see some reasoning for not blaming an individual for alcohol and drug addiction,  and to a lesser degree tobacco,   since these type of substances can have a power effect on a person and impact their ability to make sound choices.     But so far no scientific study has found bacon to be addictive.    

I'm curious what you think about government  imposed taxes  on these items;   these were done to reduce consumption of unhealthy products.   One would assume you're against such taxes if you really believe such consumption is beyond the control of the individual.     I.e. they shouldn't be taxed since they can't be blamed for their need to consume.

As for those doctors;  Like you,  these doctors just had a political agenda (this was CNN the Trump hate network);   anything and everything from a Trump admin official is wrong by default OR they were just being "PC".   

I'm glad I have the doctor I have;  A Chinese American;     Studies have shown that they are the most forthright and blunt doctors.    Like so many men I never went to the doctor for any annual check ups,  lap test etc...    Once I got married my wife insisted;   Well I go get the test and physical and he told me 'your only in your late 30s,,, if you continue at this pace,,,, you might not make it to 60';     He gave me lifestyle change tips and 20 years later he says,  I'm on track to live until I'm in my 80s.     If I didn't listen to him and change how I lived,  the blame would have been 100% on ME.

23 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Sunday, May 17th 2020

90, 978-- American Dead from Covid-19

1,527,664-- Confirmed Cases

Source, Worldometer

Monday, May 18th 2020

91, 981-- Americans Dead from  Covid-19

1, 550, 2 9 4 --Confirmed Cases

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It outrageous to blame someone for eating crappy food to excess and getting unhealthy?   (e.g.  high cholesterol levels,  getting type-2 diabetes,  clogged arteries at a relatively young age, etc...).    You really believe that?   

Now I can see some reasoning for not blaming an individual for alcohol and drug addiction,  and to a lesser degree tobacco,   since these type of substances can have a power effect on a person and impact their ability to make sound choices.     But so far no scientific study has found bacon to be addictive.    

I'm curious what you think about government  imposed taxes  on these items;   these were done to reduce consumption of unhealthy products.   One would assume you're against such taxes if you really believe such consumption is beyond the control of the individual.     I.e. they shouldn't be taxed since they can't be blamed for their need to consume.

As for those doctors;  Like you,  these doctors just had a political agenda (this was CNN the Trump hate network);   anything and everything from a Trump admin official is wrong by default OR they were just being "PC".   

I'm glad I have the doctor I have;  A Chinese American;     Studies have shown that they are the most forthright and blunt doctors.    Like so many men I never went to the doctor for any annual check ups,  lap test etc...    Once I got married my wife insisted;   Well I go get the test and physical and he told me 'your only in your late 30s,,, if you continue at this pace,,,, you might not make it to 60';     He gave me lifestyle change tips and 20 years later he says,  I'm on track to live until I'm in my 80s.     If I didn't listen to him and change how I lived,  the blame would have been 100% on ME.

I m for, not against those taxes on 'sin' products.  But I myself find it offensive to blame an overweight person or someone who is old for dying because he contracted a viral disease.  His or her chances for survival MAY have been greater if they had been fit but who is to know on each individual basis.  The same could be said for someone who was hit by a car or struck by lightning.

Blaming the patient and just looking at the 'numbers' does IMO have Nazi like overtones.  The problem is the disease not the victims.   We will jsut have to agree to disagree on that.

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I m for, not against those taxes on 'sin' products.  But I myself find it offensive to blame an overweight person or someone who is old for dying because he contracted a viral disease.  His or her chances for survival MAY have been greater if they had been fit but who is to know on each individual basis.  The same could be said for someone who was hit by a car or struck by lightning.

Blaming the patient and just looking at the 'numbers' does IMO have Nazi like overtones.  The problem is the disease not the victims.   We will jsut have to agree to disagree on that.

Well we clearly have a different POV.   Note that in these studies of doctors having their patient view them as being perceived as offensive if they tell their patients the truth ("Joe,,,  your obese,,,   you need to lose weight!!!")    was the primary reason Americans doctors withheld information and advise.    They didn't wish to lose their patients.     To care more about losing patients (and thus income),   over the health of said patients is selfish IMO.     Note that my wife's cousin was looking for a 'good doctor'.   We told her about our Primary Care physician.   We did advise her that he told-it-as-it-was.    She was very unhealthy and yea,  clearly FAT.   Well she goes and after getting her blood work and physical my wife asks her about the 'experience'.    She said "I'm not seeing him anymore,,,,   he is mean!'.       My wife loves her cousin,  but sadly couldn't do anything to get her to see the light;  for most folks the so called American lifestyle is a killer.

You're Nazi POV is immature and very unscientific,  IMO.     Statistics and data are just that.   It appears you can't handle the truth.    So is promoting unproven drugs by Trump also OK.  Hey,  he is just trying to give people HOPE!        Yea,  we will clearly just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

PS:  I of course realize you believe your POV is about compassion.   On the surface it could be viewed as being more caring towards the individual,   but from a practical and scientific basis it accomplishes the opposite.       

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

75Qr3PLr_bigger.jpg

Here’s an idea. Instead of judging the recovery by the stock market how about we judge it by food lines and unemployment?

9:31 AM · May 19, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

5h35ccrR_bigger.jpg

How about by mass graves?

11:55 AM · May 19, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

92, 520-- Americans dead in a few months--

Approximately 20,000 above the population of Evanston, Illinois

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

Dr. Vin Gupta says President Trump saying he has been taking hydroxychloroquine is a "subtle way to continue his disinformation campaign, and it's really irresponsible."

8:25 AM · May 19, 2020·SocialFlow

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

The coronavirus has brought on Russian President Vladimir Putin's worst approval ratings in two decades as the country faces the second highest number of infections in the world

8:04 AM · May 19, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

Well, we found one thing that trump can beat Putin at.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

05/19/2020 21:06:25
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 91,976

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Epidemiologists now estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided.

8 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Tuesday, May 19th 2020

93,533-- Americans Dead from Covid-19

Source, Worldometer

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

A translation--

trump's forced extreme opening-up of the country ahead of scientific medical advice is--

putting trump's own extreme need to win his re-election bid with a decent economy--

ahead of life-saving scientific medical advise.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, jakeem said:

_oEEIsvx_bigger.jpg

NPR

Maryland is reporting 1,784 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases — the largest jump the state has seen — four days after reopening retailers, hair salons and churches at 50%.

2:22 AM · May 20, 2020·SocialFlow

• Sad 1

Texas church closes after priest dies, members get coronavirus

.......Kirchner, who worked at Holy Ghost parish in Bellaire, shared a home with seven other members of the Redemptorists religious community. Five of them tested positive for COVID over the weekend, including two priests who had been active in public Masses at Holy Ghost since reopening.

The diocese reports at least five members of the church tested positive as of Monday and are asymptomatic. In-person attendance at the 900-seat parish has been "closely controlled" and has not exceeded 179 people since May 2. ...........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-texas-death-church-priest-reopen

22 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

The Department of Homeland Security's watchdog has launched a new investigation into how FEMA coordinated with federal agencies to prepare for — and respond to — the coronavirus pandemic

10:56 PM · May 19, 2020·TweetDeck

22 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

One takeaway from today's Senate coronavirus bailout hearing: The Treasury Department and the Fed both think the worst could be yet to come for America's economy.

trump has yet to figure out that the more people who die, the worse the economy will get.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Tuesday, May 19th 2020

93,533-- Americans Dead from Covid-19

Source, Worldometer

Wednesday, May 20th 2020

94, 994-- Americans Dead  from Covid-19

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Wednesday, May 20th 2020

94, 994-- Americans Dead  from Covid-19

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Texas church closes after priest dies, members get coronavirus

.......Kirchner, who worked at Holy Ghost parish in Bellaire, shared a home with seven other members of the Redemptorists religious community. Five of them tested positive for COVID over the weekend, including two priests who had been active in public Masses at Holy Ghost since reopening.

The diocese reports at least five members of the church tested positive as of Monday and are asymptomatic. In-person attendance at the 900-seat parish has been "closely controlled" and has not exceeded 179 people since May 2. ...........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-texas-death-church-priest-reopen

Sharing one's home with 7 non family members, what does one think may happen? :huh:

The church within itself doesn't to be at fault since social distancing seen to have been implemented, 179 within 900.

Reopening of churches will vary state to state, here's ours.

http://wvmetronews.com/2020/04/30/justice-says-25-gathering-guideline-doesnt-apply-to-churches/

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Sharing one's home with 7 non family members, what does one think may happen? :huh:

The church within itself doesn't to be at fault since social distancing seen to have been implemented, 179 within 900.

Reopening of churches will vary state to state, here's ours.

http://wvmetronews.com/2020/04/30/justice-says-25-gathering-guideline-doesnt-apply-to-churches/

God's will!  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Vih5vAx3_bigger.jpg

The House passed a coronavirus bill. The Senate hasn't taken anything up.

10:08 AM · May 21, 2020·Twitter Web App

TQxxSehL_bigger.jpg

With Michigan battling COVID-19 AND devastating floods, what spectacularly awful timing for
@realDonaldTrump to be threatening the state w/loss of $$ simply for sending every voter an application for an absentee ballot. I’m sure this will be well-received when he visits today!

10:28 AM · May 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Well, Narcissistic Sociopaths are not noted for their empathy.

• Sad 1

REPORTER: What would you of done differently facing this crisis?

TRUMP: Well, nothing.

----

A study conducted by Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health showed that if strict measures including stay-at-home orders had been implemented in the United States a week earlier, 36,000 or 55% of the deaths associated with COVID-19 on May 3 could have been avoided. The action could have also prevented more than 700,000 cases of the virus.

Action taken two weeks earlier could have prevented 900,000 cases and about 54,000 deaths or about 83% of the fatalities.

----
the trump admin knew in January...if they had only been moderately capable or had anyone around who knew anything about public health or used the research left by the prior two administrations, think how different it would've been.  Every dem ad should contain the fact that the daily security briefings in Jan warned about the virus...then they should play his outrageous lies about it all.  It didn't have to happen.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, jakeem said:

6gUYsfK3_bigger.png

so it turns out President Trump did wear a mask at a private viewing of three ford cars ... after Ford chief Bill Ford encouraged the President to wear a mask. He did wear it - but on the public portion of his tour he took the mask off.

5:53 PM · May 21, 2020·Twitter Web App

• Haha 1