Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesStewartFan95

Cringey Moments in Otherwise Good Movies

3 minutes ago, lydecker said:

Though film biographies always say that Crawford started her career as a dancer, all you have to do is watch her once to say:  "I don't think so!"  She is excruciatingly awful in "Dancing Lady."  Fred always tried to make his partner look good but I've got to say that the hat rack he danced with in "Royal Wedding" had more grace and style than Joan Crawford in "Dancing Lady."

Joan Crawford is horrible in Dancing Lady.  I cringed on Fred's behalf in that film. 

I am not really a fan of Joan's during the MGM part of her career, save for The Women, because I thought she was good in that part.  I love her during her "more mature woman until she segued into old biddy horror" part of her career.  Mildred Pierce is one of my favorite films, I never tire of watching it. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 6:58 AM, TikiSoo said:

My film group regularly shows Scandanavian played Charlie Chan movies which I find offensive.  The only decent character is his "modern" son, often played by Keye Luke.

Although I like the parody we get in Murder By Death (to Peter Sellers' Chan):

"Gee, pop, something fishy about this whole setup...Perfect setting for a murder."
"Son conversation, like television on honeymoon:  Not necessary!"  

😄