Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS YOU LOVE

On 6/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, Allhallowsday said:

I have 2 or 3 vinyl LPs and 2 or 3 CDs in an effort to find acceptable recordings (even re-recordings) of CHAPLIN's movie music.  I cannot claim success yet. 

Well, aside from the United Artists MODERN TIMES soundtrack, the best you'll find is the Carl Davis CD The Film Music of Charles Chaplin. Also, Bill Stromberg conducted a recording of Meredith Willson's Symphony No. 1 which was based on Willson's score for THE GREAT DICTATOR. Finally, although the original piano album has not been released on CD, there is a disc of the silent movie scores of William Perry, including his remarkable score for THE GOLD RUSH (I used it in my faux trailer shown below):

• Like 2

One of my all-time favorite scores is Richard Rodney Bennett's for Far from the Madding Crowd (1967). Absolutely beautiful. 

Another favorite is Franz Waxman's gorgeous theme from Peyton Place (1957). It shocks me that Waxman's score was not nominated for the Academy Award.

From the opening credits of Spellbound (1945), I was entranced with Miklos Rozsa's main theme. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Sends me to a "...standing still in time":

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ME GIRL UP THERE! & A PRETTY GOOD FILM TOO (***) HER BILLING JUST BEFORE "SUSAN" HERE WAS SINGER IN BAR

&HER SELF PROCLAIMED BOY TOY ERA  NOT ONE ENTERTAINER HAS TRANSFORMED SO MUCH AS LOUISE

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, spence said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ME GIRL UP THERE! & A PRETTY GOOD FILM TOO (***) HER BILLING JUST BEFORE "SUSAN" HERE WAS SINGER IN BAR

&HER SELF PROCLAIMED BOY TOY ERA  NOT ONE ENTERTAINER HAS TRANSFORMED SO MUCH AS LOUISE

Madonna's "Lucky Star" video outfit dressed girls up in the mid-Eighties and then she proceeded to outsex with the Virgin Tour ensemble that went to junior college as well..... 

Gaggles of rubber Bangles: I still remember buying my little sister those cheap fashion ornaments!

6 hours ago, NoShear said:

Madonna's "Lucky Star" video outfit dressed girls up in the mid-Eighties and then she proceeded to outsex with the Virgin Tour ensemble that went to junior college as well..... 

Gaggles of rubber Bangles: I still remember buying my little sister those cheap fashion ornaments!

i was only about age 19 when she burst onto the seen all now say that at that time cyndi lauper and not louise would be the one with staying power???

HAVE A SHORT LIST OF YOUR FAV FILMS SHE'S MADE-(26 to date)

SONGS?

SHE IS RIGHT NOW WRITING A SCREENPLAY BASED ON HER LIFE & CAREER, THE MAY ALREADY HAVE THE GIRL TO PLAY MADAM X

Just now, spence said:

i was only about age 19 when she burst onto the seen all now say that at that time cyndi lauper and not louise would be the one with staying power???

She's just 6yrs my senior

HAVE A SHORT LIST OF YOUR FAV FILMS SHE'S MADE-(26 to date)

SONGS?

SHE IS RIGHT NOW WRITING A SCREENPLAY BASED ON HER LIFE & CAREER, THE MAY ALREADY HAVE THE GIRL TO PLAY MADAM X

MADONNA TRIVIA: I got a tonag of 'em, but only a couple on here Her idols are DAVID BOWIE, MARTHA GRAHAM & DIETRICH & HER FAV SONG IS: IMAGINE
HER FAV MOVIES ARE>TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD,  A PLACE IN THE SUN & E. PATIENT

I am sooo into her to put it mildly I went-(5yrs ago) & got a massive VOGUE STYLE TATTOO covering my right thigh & then went back a few months ago to get it reenhanced  THE COST $300 & $75

• Like 1