Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS YOU LOVE

^ In BEN HUR (1959) it's the MGM ORCHESTRA.  The LONDON SYMPHONY did a good job, and it's ROZSA's own BEN HUR SUITE... but the MGM ORCHESTRA original is better.   There were at least a few releases with a "suite" composed by ROZSA to satisfy public demand for a more "accessible" record. 

How about the soundtrack from 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY - no original music, some litigation regarding GYORGY LIGETI's compositions used without his permission (they settled)? 

I like the opening theme song DRIFTING AND DREAMING sung by Valerie Carter in the 1975 Columbia movie WHITE LINE FEVER.  I thought the song should've been released as a single, but it does not appear to have been released at all.  It's been kindly uploaded to YouTube. 

20 hours ago, JeanneCrain said:

I enjoy listening to silent movies. :huh:

❤️

I like some of the new scores,  examples " The Rag Man" (1925) by Linda Martinez.  Talented musician who died too young. RIP

Linda-Martinez-B_W.jpg

There is an alternative new score to "Nosferatu"  (1922) which TCM haven't shown during the past 10+ years.

"Haxan" (1922)

71oGdROkbEL._SY445_.jpg

Allhallowsday, you are awesome. I saw the word 'soundtrack' and got really excited. In my circle there is really only one person that I know who is into soundtracks. I could go on and on on this topic.

💘 Here's a romantic one since Valentine's Day is around the corner. Does anyone like the love theme from The Lost Weekend by Miklos Rozsa?

12 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Then we have to decide if there'll be a distinction between "soundtrack" and "score".  As in my way of thinking, movie musicals have a "soundtrack", and all the other movies have a "score".  ..

Sepiatone

I see your point... to an extent.  I think a soundtrack is not necessarily a score, but a score is a soundtrack.  

Now here's a masterfully compiled soundtrack pilfered from recordings in the can..."scores" from TV or other low rent films like TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE :