Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is TCM doing away with Cartoons and other Kid-friendly shows on Saturdays?

I just noticed that February 2020 has no cartoons or other kid-friendly shorts and/or series scheduled for Saturday mornings. I especially looked forward to some of these old time films and it was great to save them on the DVR for when the grand-kids visit.

Whoever is in charge of programming might want to keep in mind that the youth of today will be the viewership of tomorrow.

Please bring back the 'toons!

3 hours ago, Polly of the Precodes said:

TCM preempts most of its genre programming during February (for 31 Days of Oscar) and August (for Summer Under the Stars). According to the March 2020 schedule, TCM will be bringing back cartoon and other kid-friendly programming on Saturday mornings.

Thanks for that info - I should have guessed that.  BTW, how can you view the March 2020 schedule?  I remember quite a few years ago you could click on current month, plus the next two months under 'Month Schedule', but when they did a change to the website that disappeared and all I can see now is the current month.  Is there somewhere else I can access the March schedule on tcm.com?

3 hours ago, NYC Born said:

Thanks for that info - I should have guessed that.  BTW, how can you view the March 2020 schedule?  I remember quite a few years ago you could click on current month, plus the next two months under 'Month Schedule', but when they did a change to the website that disappeared and all I can see now is the current month.  Is there somewhere else I can access the March schedule on tcm.com?

March schedule is here.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html?tz=est&sdate=2020-03-01

10 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Thanks so much!  I guess I never thought of looking through the Daily/Weekly listings that far ahead.  I generally use the Month schedule - it's easiest to scroll through.  I also made a macro in excel, dump the data in and create a tabular listing and have a lookup formula to check against my database for films I don't have/haven't seen.

13 hours ago, NYC Born said:

Thanks so much!  I guess I never thought of looking through the Daily/Weekly listings that far ahead.  I generally use the Month schedule - it's easiest to scroll through.  I also made a macro in excel, dump the data in and create a tabular listing and have a lookup formula to check against my database for films I don't have/haven't seen.

I forewarn you, getting started with stuff like that is a never-ending rabbit hole.  http://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/forum-twisted.gif

• Haha 1