Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Closed Captions Not Time Synched

Lately the closed captioning on TCM movies seems to be a few seconds behind the characters speech. Even to the point that the caption can appear in the credits at the end of a film. At first I thought it was just certain films, however, now it seems to be with every film. This is not true of other channels. We have Comcast Xfinity as a provider.

Thank you for any advice.

• Like 1

Yes--I have struggled to watch On Demand films from TCM with the lagging closed caption.  Very frustrating.  I'm a Comcast/Xfinity customer, and the delayed closed captioning shows up for both cable and streaming of TCM films.  No other channel has this issue.

I sent an email in January to TCM, and I received a generic acknowledgement and reply.  TCM suggested getting the latest equipment (check) and changing the CC setting from CC1 to zero (check again).  The problem continued.  Comcast says this is a TCM problem.  On this one and perhaps singular occasion, I tend to agree with Comcast as no other channel has this issue.

TCM needs to keep working toward a resolution.  I use closed captioning often, and I'm finding that rather than drudge through a TCM film with caption delays, I'm exploring other channels and classic film options. 

If this isn't fixed, maybe I really don't want to pay Comcast/Xfinity that extra pay bump to access TCM in an otherwise useless Sports/Entertainment package . . . .