Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oscar Quiz!!! It's an honor to be nominated....

Time for my annual (?) Oscar Quiz....this year it's "It's an honor to just be nominated"...yes, I'm looking for losers, and not just any losers...actors/actresses who lost in the supporting categories.  Below are 30 snippets of film...you tell me the film, and the name(s) of the performers who were nominated for a supporting acting award for that film...but lost.  If there is a (2) noted, that means that there are two actors that fit the bill.   Big Hint:  the actors in question are not seen in the giphy, but their co-stars may be....

(because the pics take up a lot of space, please only post answers, and don't re-copy them all...makes it hard for people to scroll back up)

1. via GIPHY

2. 9f4d9f611eb160c450a7e80aa2f518cb.gif

3. via GIPHY

4. via GIPHY

5. via GIPHY

6. via GIPHY

7. via GIPHY

8. via GIPHY

9. via GIPHY

10. via GIPHY

11. (2) via GIPHY

12. (2) via GIPHY

13, via GIPHY

14. via GIPHY

15. via GIPHY

16. Animated GIF

17. via GIPHY

18. via GIPHY

19. via GIPHY

20. (2) via GIPHY

21, via GIPHY

22. via GIPHY

23. via GIPHY

24. via GIPHY

25. via GIPHY

26. via GIPHY

27. via GIPHY

28. via GIPHY

29. via GIPHY

30. via GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

💙

5. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962) - Victor Buono

8. Witness for the Prosecution (1957) - Elsa Lanchester

15. Pillow Talk (1959) - Thelma Ritter

25. Laura (1944) - Clifton Webb

• Like 1

3. Nashville--best supporting actress Ronee Blakely and Lily Tomlin

4. Midnight Cowboy -- best supporting actress Sylvia Miles

9.  Breaking Away--best supporting actress Barbara Barrie

11.  Boogie Nights --Burt Reynolds and Julianne Moore

• Like 1

boy, you guys are good!! a couple I thought would be hard have been answered! (and a couple I thought were easy are still around...maybe because I've seen the films multiple times....or I know the answers...)

Here are the ones still open:

1,       7.     10.     13.     18.     22.     24.    26.

• Thanks 1

Perfection everyone!   and only one left....and it's a film I really like... for some reason, the pics aren't loading completely for me today...hmmmm... well, here it is:  13. Animated GIF

she really wanted a cake for her birthday (she eventually gets it...)

3 hours ago, shutoo said:

Perfection everyone!   and only one left....and it's a film I really like... for some reason, the pics aren't loading completely for me today...hmmmm... well, here it is:  13. Animated GIF

she really wanted a cake for her birthday (she eventually gets it...)

Could you give us another clue?  It looks so familiar but I can't place it.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Peebs said:

Could you give us another clue?  It looks so familiar but I can't place it.  Thanks!

unfortunately, the very best 'scene clues' were in locked videos, so I couldn't do another without giving it away....I can tell you:  the three female leads have all won Oscars....(but only one got a nom for this film....)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, shutoo said:

unfortunately, the very best 'scene clues' were in locked videos, so I couldn't do another without giving it away....I can tell you:  the three female leads have all won Oscars....(but only one got a nom for this film....)

Crimes of the Heart and Tess Harper?

• Like 1

Drum roll.....yes!

and with ten correct, the picture of a pretend oscar goes to.......6654766f7fe5560051582f8783fe6d36.jpg

Thanks everyone for playing!

(putting it together was a lot more entertaining than this year's godawful award show has been so far....)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, shutoo said:

Thanks everyone for playing!

(putting it together was a lot more entertaining than this year's godawful award show has been so far....)

Thanks for posting this game, it was a lot of fun!    (I agree that tonight's award show has been .... unremarkable.)

• Like 1