Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor Robert Conrad (1935-2020)

For those who have access to the Decades channel, this weekend’s marathon series is The Wild, Wild West.   It began airing at noon today, EST.  Their schedule indicates  they’ll broadcast regular episodes until 3:00 am on Monday morning, then finish up the The Wild, Wild West Revisited, followed by More Wild, Wild West at 5:00 am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/9/2020 at 10:38 PM, jameselliot said:

I enjoyed Battle. It was different and fun.

Battle Of The Network Stars was entertaining. Robert Conrad was always a great part of them, he took these games way too seriously.

tcm could if they wanted to show the full version of Will: G. Gordon Liddy with Robert Conrad in one of his finest performances but they can hide behind 2 things...

1. it's TV fare

2. the predominately liberal tcm viewers would not wanna see it.

but they still show All the Kings Men, don't they?

:angry:

show the best work of an artist that's my motto.

Image result for Robert Conrad G. Gordon Liddy

Conrad was too handsome to play Liddy :). FETV had some kind of memorial mini-marathon to Conrad

over the weekend. I've noticed a lot of the sets from TWWW are the same as those from Gunsmoke--the

main street, the Long Branch saloon, Matt's office and jail, the stairs to Doc's office. Makes sense since both

shows were CBS westerns made at the same time.

4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Conrad was too handsome to play Liddy :). FETV had some kind of memorial mini-marathon to Conrad

over the weekend. I've noticed a lot of the sets from TWWW are the same as those from Gunsmoke--the

main street, the Long Branch saloon, Matt's office and jail, the stairs to Doc's office. Makes sense since both

shows were CBS westerns made at the same time.

Another possible reason: John Mantley, who was the executive producer of "Gunsmoke," produced several Season 1 episodes of "The Wild Wild West."

See the source image

Both shows were filmed at what is now known as CBS Studio Center in Studio City.   This formerly was known as Republic Studios.  CBS took over in 1963, and Gunsmoke moved production to the studio lot shortly thereafter.  

Revue shows (like Leave it to Beaver) were shot here as well, until the MCA/Universal deal, when those shows were moved to the Universal lot (which is why the Cleavers moved in the series).

Some TV shows moved here when Lucille Ball sold Desilu to Paramount/Gulf+Western, notably the Don Fedderson properties (My Three Sons, Family Affair).  Again, the studio move is the reason for the Douglass's move in the series.

The studio was also home to most MTM shows (Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, etc).  The was also home to Gilligan's Island lagoon.  

Most of the backlot areas are gone, including the western set.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, jakeem said:

Another possible reason: John Mantley, who was the executive producer of "Gunsmoke," produced several Season 1 episodes of "The Wild Wild West."

See the source image

That could have been a factor. I just figured that being on the same network and both being set in the west,

it just made sense. It's funny to see West and Gordon show up in the Long Branch.

• Haha 1