Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frank Sinatra short

I've seen it. And I couldn't tell you where I saw it.

But it's just a short with Frank Sinatra surrounded by children from different racial and ethnic backgrounds.

And he sings the song about it:  "The House I Live In."

It's more or less a PSA for diversity and support for racial equality in the United States of America.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

But it's just a short with Frank Sinatra surrounded by children from different racial and ethnic backgrounds.

It's more or less a PSA for diversity and support for racial equality in the United States of America.

You probably saw it on TCM. TCM has been showing this Frank Sinatra short for many years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

(And, not coincidentally, for the studio to play down Frankie's Italian heritage during wartime and make him look like a model citizen...)

It's famous AND public domain, so it's pretty much shown everywhere.

In case you missed it:

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, RainbowGlow said:

What was that black and white 1940's short featuring Frank Sinatra shown between Dorian Gray and Here to Eternity today? Couldn't find it in Turner listings. Appreciate any info; only caught 2nd half of it. Thanks.

Yes, The House I Live In was shown. I saw it.

In addition to theatrical showings, it was distributed in 16mm by Young America Films to schools and youth groups around the country. Many artists recorded the song including Lauritz Melchior!  BTW - one of the boys in the short is Teddy Infuhr, who played Gale Sondergaard's "nephew" in THE SPIDER WOMAN.

house_i_live_in_1sh.jpg

house_i_live_in_ad2.thumb.jpg.4414c15ff76131467c0f234bfb6187bc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1