Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have looked all over for a thread for nonspecific music. There may be one somewhere, but I thought I'd start one anyway.

Post anything. It can be rock, oldies, hit radio, classical, opera, jazz, country, any music at all. Even hip hop if so inclined. Music videos welcome, too!

I would like to start with a Ricky Nelson video and my favorite Eagles band member.

It's a shame Randy Meisner's solo career didn't take off. This next song sounds very Eagles, but I really like it.

• Like 3

It wasn't one of Ricky's rock hits but he did alright with it on the top 40 and it's my favorite Ricky Nelson record--" Fools Rush In".

His dad had an orchestra, which featured his mom singing.

So people who saw Ozzie and Harriet on TV really didn't realize how Musical Ricky's background was.

Ozzy just happened to be at the recording studio the night that Ricky put this one down-- a standard from the American song book.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the show McMillan and Wife, but I really love the theme song. I wish I could buy it, but I can't find it. I put it up there with The Rockford Files theme, and that show had the best music of any show.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Interesting. This sounds more like a Paul song than a John. Kind of like "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey."

One of my favorite BEATLES, I think it was the flip of one of their 45s.  I also think it's LENNON's song. 

Rubber Soul is my favorite Beatles album. "In My Life" would have to be my favorite song from it. I read that John Lennon was influenced by Bob Dylan to write deeper songs and this was his first try.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Rubber Soul is my favorite Beatles album. "In My Life" would have to be my favorite song from it. I read that John Lennon was influenced by Bob Dylan to write deeper songs and this was his first try...

"In My Life" is probably my favorite BEATLES song and Rubber Soul probably my favorite album (despite "Michelle" - which drives me mad). 

"Here Comes the Sun" would be close. George Harrison really shines on Rubber Soul, like "If I Needed Someone." I love all of their albums. My uncle, however, stops at Revolver. Drives me insane! He doesn't like any of their music after that. They were evolving. It's all good stuff.

• Like 1