Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

All About Music

^ I think we'd all agree that they were 4 very talented people.¬† And RINGO was the cute one... ūüėČ

• Like 1

I thought Paul was the best looking Beatle. It's all ancient history now anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vautrin said:

I thought Paul was the best looking Beatle. It's all ancient history now anyway.

My mother did too. LOL

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

My mother did too. LOL

I doubt my mother even knew the names of any of the Beatles. The only Beatles related thing I ever remember her

asking is what could it mean in the question Why Don't We Do It in the Road. I was really surprised when she

named two.

9 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I doubt my mother even knew the names of any of the Beatles. The only Beatles related thing I ever remember her

asking is what could it mean in the question Why Don't We Do It in the Road. I was really surprised when she

named two.

I was too young to go to any Beatle concert by myself or to go to the Hard Day's Night Premier at the drive-in cuz obviously I couldn't drive a car.

So my mother had to take me to both of these events and she enjoyed them thoroughly. But my mother also loved Elvis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

But my mother also loved Elvis

My mother loved ELVIS.  And THE BEATLES.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I was too young to go to any Beatle concert by myself or to go to the Hard Day's Night Premier at the drive-in cuz obviously I couldn't drive a car.

So my mother had to take me to both of these events and she enjoyed them thoroughly. But my mother also loved Elvis. 

That's a nice story. My mother never got much past the big band music, maybe some 1950s pop standards. 

I remember all the teenage girls who helped den mothers with cub scouts were crazy about the Beatles. I saw

Help at the local movie theater. Yes people were screaming. That movie was so much fun, especially with the

crowd. I didn't care too much about the plot, I just wanted to see the Beatles do their next song. To the top of

the toppermost. :)

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:35 PM, Rudy's Girl said:

Even hip hop if so inclined.

I understand we all have our own tastes.   I listen to all kinds of music, but I like to think that what I listen to is only good. 

BEASTIE BOYS Paul's Boutique 

R-2924091-1405761975-5265.jpeg.jpg

Our own opinions and tastes?

Sho' 'nuff

For instance....   I like electronic music (my postings of Jan Hammer and Tomita proves that) but KRAFTWERK?  Well, I never needed to catch up on my sleep THAT much.

But again, that's just my opinion.   Can't stand the BEASTLY (er----Beastie) BOYS either.  In fact....

But for but a few offerings, I felt the '80's was pretty much a wasteland of force-fed crap. "Popular" genre that is.   In other genres, there were several great things to find(again, IMHO).  like---

And-----

Of course, EARLIER Weather Report still moves me----

And why ignore the PASTORIUS years?  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I like THE FLAMIN' GROOVIES... I have 3 of theirs, this album Shake Some Action originally sold poorly, decades later the CD sold poorly... this CD is OOP and difficult to obtain :

R-5184178-1526926909-3107.jpeg.jpg

Well chillun.....

When kids( and BTW, at 69 I consider anyone in their 40's and younger as "kids")  nowdays talk about the blues, they(and especially millennials) use their iNet obtained knowledge and bring up the usual suspects.  You know...

ROBERT JOHNSON,  SON HOUSE,  B.B. KING,  HOWLIN' WOLF....  and the same usual suspects when the talk turns to late '60's white blues artists:  STEVIE RAY VAUGHN,  JOHNNY WINTER,  MICHAEL BLOOMFIELD,  ELVIN BISHOP,  PAUL BUTTERFIELD BAND, CANNED HEAT.

But THESE guys' name rarely if ever gets mention!  :(  

And this next band I saw live in  '69 with Spirit and Canned Heat on the same bill!   I never got their LP, and 10 years later saw a copy at a "vintage" record store for $40!  Didn't buy it then either.   But as guitarists, me and another guy who went to that show with me were impressed by their level of play and the clean sound of those(new to the market then) "tuck and rolled" padded Kustom amps they used.  We figured their name is what doomed them to quick obscurity----  This clip wasn't their "hit" however.......

• Like 1

Tour de France was pretty good, but I prefer Radio-Activity and Trans-Europe Express. To each

their own. 

• Like 1

Nobody laugh at me now, but this might be my favorite song. And it's not just because of the frog with a heart of gold, but the song itself really touches me. :wub: But I do love Kermit.

• Like 1

s-l640.jpg

I listen to THE BOX TOPS because I love BIG STAR. 

11 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And this next band I saw live in  '69 with Spirit and Canned Heat on the same bill! 

58 here and I've heard of BUBBLE PUPPY but I don't know SIEGEL-SCHWALL BAND.  Great song. 

1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Nobody laugh at me now, but this might be my favorite song.

I wouldn't; I'm too old and know and remember Sesame Street well.  Yet, this could be my favorite song :

Here though is my favorite interpretation: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

JOE RAPOSO, who composed much music for Sesame Street was no mere children's music composer.  When my kids were little I was struck by how sophisticated, musically, Raposo's tunes were compared to the more typical music written for children.  And he didn't limit himself to children's songs anyway. 

Sepiatone

On 3/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, Allhallowsday said:

I like THE FLAMIN' GROOVIES... I have 3 of theirs, this album Shake Some Action originally sold poorly, decades later the CD sold poorly... this CD is OOP and difficult to obtain :

R-5184178-1526926909-3107.jpeg.jpg

i had all their records including some rare ones on the French label Skydog,the first 3 are the best ones imo.

^ The only ones I needed to own were Shake Some Action, Teenage Head, and Groovies Greatest Grooves... I might've had something like that last one on vinyl...

This might be my favorite: 

Longer LIVE clip, really interesting:

Last night our local PBS station aired the documentary PARADISE BOOGIE,  which presented the history and legacy of Detroit's contribution to the BLUES GENRE.  Besides mentioning some of the clubs of which a few I've had a chance to patronize while still in their heyday, they covered some footage of THIS kid, a native Detroiter( or at least a Detroit area native.)  Who's "keeping the faith"!

Sepiatone

I've been listening to the music from the show Taxi by Bob James. Some of them are really good easy listening tunes. "The Genie" and the main theme I bought off of iTunes.

"GOOD" easy listening?  :huh:   Never heard anyone say THAT before!  ;) 

Anyway....  While surfing through the 50 channel section called "Music Choice" on my cable service, I stopped on the "blues" channel and hear a tune by  blues legend EARL GAINES  called "I've Kissed My Last A S S"---   But despite the reputation of the "tube", could NOT find a clip of it on YouTube.  It was close to being one of his last recordings, since he died in '09,  and the song was supposedly on an LP of the same name.   It was a cool tune IMHO, and I hoped to share it here, but will I guess post another blues tune with "innuendo" that was done years later by a very well known American rock band.  ;) 

Sepiatone

26 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

"GOOD" easy listening?  :huh:   Never heard anyone say THAT before!  ;) 

Same here;   This clearly falls under "to each his own".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Same here;   This clearly falls under "to each his own".

I know you like Nat King Cole.

My favorite 45 of his that I had years ago was called "Night Lights"/bw " To the Ends of the Earth".

The single was never placed on an album during his lifetime. But a few years ago his family created an album for it, called "Night Lights" with the flipside and other not previously released Songs.

If you don't already have this, you might check it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't find out much about that LP, but found the tune,  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 2