Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

27 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Great "wife" songs. Who's Next is my fav Who album. I wouldn't play that song for the wife on Valentine's Day, though. Play some Barry Manilow. 😊

• Like 1

^ NEIL YOUNG - never got to see him.  I must have 6 or 7 CDs of him - and more on vinyl back in the day.  This one, believe it or not, is probably my favorite single song (After The Gold Rush is my favorite album): 

Then again I love this one so much: 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

^ I saw PRETENDERS at Caldwell College in NJ in 1984, the Learning To Crawl tour.  CHRISSIE HYNDE shrugged at me!  My decade was made!

NEW ORDER emerged from the ashes of JOY DIVISION

It's in her shrug, that's where it is. Better than no look at all.

I like both Joy Division and New Order. I've never thought of New Order as emerging from the ashes of Joy Division,

though they were certainly born of a tragedy.

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

It's in her shrug, that's where it is. Better than no look at all.

I like both Joy Division and New Order. I've never thought of New Order as emerging from the ashes of Joy Division,

though they were certainly born of a tragedy.

PRETENDERS:  She DID look at me... and then shrugged.  I was in the front row, bobbing off of a temporary picket fence, with an enormous crowd pressing against my back.  She was singing "You've changed!  You've changed... your face in this world!"  I was singing it back pointing at her since so much HAD changed in her life right then. 

Well I get poetic thinking about IAN CURTIS.  I had only Closer on vinyl and NEW ORDER was "Blue Monday" 12 inch in a case that looks like a floppy disk _ I kept that one when I let most of my 12 inch go along with my albums. 

There used to be video of VLADO PERLEMUTER playing the first movement of Gaspard de la Nuit: Ondine, but only Le Gibet is there (2nd movement) and it does not communicate my love for RAVEL as played by VLADO PERLEMUTER.  Definitely #1 in recorded music for me. So here's one of his multiple and all wonderful interpretations: 

21 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

The only WHO record I ever bought is Who's Next on vinyl and CD (though I had a Quadrophenia). 

Now that "Be My Wife" is off of the only other DAVID BOWIE album I love like an essential: Low.  The first would be Hunky Dory.