Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

All About Music

54 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Yes I could.  But I took it as your not at first getting my reference. 

Sepiatone

You are  a special kind of pedant. 

It'd be nice if every now and then you'd post a playable clip so we wouldn't have to "minimize" the site and go to YouTube to find a certain artist or song....   Anyway..

Nick always(to me) had a nice Leonard Cohen resemblance to his work(and voice), which isn't a bad thing, really.  And his tune "Northern Sky" was on the soundtrack to one of my wife and I's favorite movies, SERENDIPITY ('01).   And....

If ya like "Delta" blues (being a blues "freak" for 60 years, I rarely give this genre any labels) you might like...

Or....

And maybe even------

And did you like CHRIS THOMAS KING's treatment of Skip's "Hard Times Killin' Floor" in the flick O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU? 

Sepiatone

6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

It'd be nice if every now and then you'd post a playable clip so we wouldn't have to "minimize" the site and go to YouTube to find a certain artist or song.... 

You are special.  Some people might not even listen to embedded YouTubes... we're supposed to talk about music in this thread.  Here you go:

I like organ music... 

E. POWER BIGGS Bach- Passacaglia & Fugue 

My habit for about a year is to listen to ERIK SATIE piano works every day.   I dislike the Gymnopedies, skip 'em, but love the Gnossiennes...

I love BLUE CHEER's first two albums; the third one is okay, listening now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heard this during my lunch break today. Good song. I think it's from Ozzmosis. I also like "Ghost Behind My Eyes." Does anyone else like Ozzy?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Heard this during my lunch break today. Good song. I think it's from Ozzmosis. I also like "Ghost Behind My Eyes." Does anyone else like Ozzy?

No.  I dislike BLACK SABBATH even more.  ^ I think that's overproduced and derivative. 

• Thanks 1

Nope.  Not I.

22 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

You are special.  Some people might not even listen to embedded YouTubes... we're supposed to talk about music in this thread.  Here you go:

Yeah, but in the case of artists others might no be familiar with, or songs others might not have ever heard,wouldn't it be advisable to have HEARD what we "talk" about?  Oh.....

Speaking to what we've all been listening to lately,I've had my mind and ears tuned into BASS PLAYERS......

and....

Then of course....

And of course, I gotta throw in a DEE-troit boy! ;) 

Sepiatone

My favorite bass player is N.H.O.P;    here he is at the age of 19.    He has been the backbone for some of my favorite jazz recordings since the 80s.

• Like 2

I bought this CD to get BB's recording of  "Je T'Aime...Moi Non Plus"  with SERGE GAINSBOURG

BRIGITTE_BARDOT_BEST+OF+B.B-534910.jpg

There is no order like a New Order.   :) 

• Like 1

BURT BACHARACH The Look of Love- The Burt Bacharach Collection   BURT had his hand in many a great record. 

collectables-and-hobbies-signed-memorabi

31 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

BURT BACHARACH The Look of Love- The Burt Bacharach Collection   BURT had his hand in many a great record. 

collectables-and-hobbies-signed-memorabi

My favorite Burt Bacharach records are the ones where he conducted the orchestra himself and arranged the music.

He would often include some instrumental numbers without hail David's lyrics.

But if he really needed someone to do a few vocals, he had Cissy Houston come on board. For my money, Cissy had the best voice in that family.

Cocktail Mix Vol 1 Bachelor's Guide to the Galaxy

R-948168-1324983556.jpeg.jpg

This last could make you crazy; Vol 2 and 3 are wonderful and moved away from extreme Exotica :

15 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

No.  I dislike BLACK SABBATH even more.  ^ I think that's overproduced and derivative. 

I'm not a die-hard fan or anything. I like a few of his albums and I do have Black Sabbath Greatest Hits. Musically speaking, I like most anything. 

Right now I'm trying to unwind to 1 hour Beatles instrumental. Lovin' it.

9 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I do have Black Sabbath Greatest Hits. Musically speaking, I like most anything.

You don't like Hip hop.  I do not think BLACK SABBATH are particularly musical.  I think they're enormously overrated.  

You and I are alike, we like almost everything...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

My favorite bass player is N.H.O.P;    here he is at the age of 19.    He has been the backbone for some of my favorite jazz recordings since the 80s.

Well, JAMES.  Some might not be aware that N.H.O.P. is NEILS-HENNING ORSTED PEDERSEN.  Was gonna come back today and include him, but glad to see you didn't let me down,  ;) 

And also...We can't forget the LADY!  ;) 

And RUDY....  If you like "rainy day" music  ;)    (although not meant to relax....)  And apologies for the vid that has different footage than what was done in studio.   Couldn't find anything for "Rainy Day, Dream Away" and this clip has he studio audio at least.  And in the studio, it was BUDDY MILES on drums.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

And in the studio, it was BUDDY MILES on drums.

Damn straight. 

I like forgotten and overlooked records, a lot now called Garage Rock :

various-back-from-the-grave-volume-one.j

Back From The Grave Part 2 

R-605221-1189113857.jpeg.jpg

I love The Experience. I think Electric Ladyland was Jimi's masterpiece. Axis is a close second. I have his performance at Monterey on DVD.

Jimi had a great rhythm section. Mitch Mitchell, rest his soul, was a fantastic drummer. He and Jimi had a great chemistry onstage. I could watch drummers like Mitch, Ginger Baker, and Neal Peart play all day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I love The Experience. I think Electric Ladyland was Jimi's masterpiece. Axis is a close second. I have his performance at Monterey on DVD.

Jimi had a great rhythm section. Mitch Mitchell, rest his soul, was a fantastic drummer. He and Jimi had a great chemistry onstage. I could watch drummers like Mitch, Ginger Baker, and Neal Peart play all day.

Did you see JANIS at the very beginning? 

8 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Did you see JANIS at the very beginning? 

Yes. I don't think she's in this video, but I remember seeing Mama Cass there, too. She was really getting into Janis's performance.

• Thanks 1