Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

All About Music

I wouldn't say they were a short-lived group, rather their fame was short-lived. The first version was

together for eight or nine years, but they were only big in the U.S. for a year or two. They reunite

every few years and sometimes release new material. I remember hearing Hocus Pocus in record

stores at the time. It certainly was different from most pop music at the time.

• Like 1

I always liked this song.  Seems appropriate for the times.

• Like 2

^ HOWARD JONES... saw him on his Aliens Ate My Buick tour...

Y'know if I'd stuck to 1970s bands (that failed - and formed - in the '70s - in a strict sense) I would have thought of a favorite band I was just listening to : BIG STAR .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Happy Birthday to me!!! 🎂

Happy Birthday!  Enjoy your day!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

FOCUS; for AM or FM listeners, had two hits.  FOCUS still exist and are Dutch. 

Yep.  And occasionally Akkerman, who's been a solo performer since the mid '70's, joins them for reunion dates.  

And too, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rudy.  And a little early ALICE for ya!  ;)  

From '69 and when it was THEM and not HIM.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Sometimes The Smiths can be real downers. :( :)

Haha, our Art Group would play Beatles "Birthday" as a cue for celebrating a member's birthday. Now we play a compilation that includes The Sugar Cubes & other birthday songs in the mix.

This is one of my favorite groups. I like this song about the diversity of the cowboy & our nation-

Their CDs are mostly traditional songs, often heard in "singing cowboy" Westerns. They have a CD called SONGS OF THE SILVER SCREEN containing classics. Considering their ages, I'll probably never get to see them perform live

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've mentioned my Grandmother buying me a RICKY NELSON album, but on the same day she bought(at his request) my brother an LP by ROY ROGERS and DALE EVANS with The Sons Of The Pioneers.  There was one tune on their that still kind of tickles me to this day(whenever heard....)

Couldn't find anything from that LP in which "water" was done in a higher pitch, but you get the gist.  and speaking of GIST---(AND a poignant question....)

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, Allhallowsday said:

Here's one more :

I can never get enough 70's. I just got an Eric Carmen CD for my birthday. I love this song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I just got an Eric Carmen CD for my birthday. I love this song.

Not what anyone might expect from ERIC CARMEN.  I like that recording too. 

11 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I've mentioned my Grandmother buying me a RICKY NELSON album, but on the same day she bought(at his request) my brother an LP by ROY ROGERS and DALE EVANS with The Sons Of The Pioneers.  There was one tune on their that still kind of tickles me to this day(whenever heard....)

Couldn't find anything from that LP in which "water" was done in a higher pitch, but you get the gist.  and speaking of GIST---(AND a poignant question....)

Sepiatone

Sep--I just wanna stop and tell you how much I like Gino Vannelli. Thanks

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Sep--I just wanna stop and tell you how much I like Gino Vannelli. Thanks

:D Cute.   I liked him too.  A buddy of mine, a HUGE fan said when he saw Gino live, it blew him away!

And while at it...

Let's not stop the STEWARTS at AMII...... ;)    

HA!  Weren't expecting ROD, were you?  OR that cat song?  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Confused 1

Below is an example of how one can get free instruction via the Internet.      The young punks have it sooooo easy today!

9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

HA!  Weren't expecting ROD, were you?  OR that cat song? 

Y'mean AL?  I had Year Of The Cat and Time Passages on vinyl... 

• Like 1

I've listened to NEIL YOUNG for close to 50 years... but I never got to see him! 

NEIL YOUNG Tonight's The Night 

A6lyBz50eDO-dPToA0AO_d7VliH86FD3vuZ5jPpK

I've always thought this song by Paul McCartney was so pretty.

14 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I've listened to NEIL YOUNG for close to 50 years... but I never got to see him! 

NEIL YOUNG Tonight's The Night 

A6lyBz50eDO-dPToA0AO_d7VliH86FD3vuZ5jPpK

Even though I thought Neil did OK when joined with CSN, and as an added voice with BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD, on his own I found him easier to take in very small doses.  And only having a couple of tunes I could bear listening to.  One of them was this( and cuz I married one ;) ) 

(Alicia's skin did have a cinnamon hue to it.  ;) )

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Even though I thought Neil did OK when joined with CSN, and as an added voice with BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD, on his own I found him easier to take in very small doses.  And only having a couple of tunes I could bear listening to.  One of them was this( and cuz I married one

I bet your cinnamon girl caught your eye right away! 

Sepiatone... what was the name of a late '60s early '70s English "mushroom" band... they had one album (that I am aware of)  geared towards and referencing mushrooms...??  The one album I had found at YouTube was a few years ago and I listened to it many times... now can't remember!  I had never heard of the band, and I know records ...a bit...

12 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I bet your cinnamon girl caught your eye right away! 

Sepiatone... what was the name of a late '60s early '70s English "mushroom" band... they had one album (that I am aware of)  geared towards and referencing mushrooms...??  The one album I had found at YouTube was a few years ago and I listened to it many times... now can't remember!  I had never heard of the band, and I know records ...a bit...

She did indeed!  ;) 

Sorry, but never heard of the band you mention, and all I can find is info of an IRISH rock band from the early '70's called "Mushroom" 

And another band called "The SACRED Mushroom" from Ohio...... and from the late '60's

Never heard of them either, which surprises me because the late '60's were full of odd named food centered band names, like VANILLA FUDGE,  ULTIMATE SPINACH, THE PEANUT BUTTER CONSPIRACY ,  THE CHOCOLATE WATCH BAND.  ;)  So dig-----  And a fitting tune, considering....  :D 

Sepiatone

^ I don't think the band was thinking of "food"...

I found them :

LEAF HOUND Growers of Mushroom