Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

PRETENDERS:  She DID look at me... and then shrugged.  I was in the front row, bobbing off of a temporary picket fence, with an enormous crowd pressing against my back.  She was singing "You've changed!  You've changed... your face in this world!"  I was singing it back pointing at her since so much HAD changed in her life right then. 

Well I get poetic thinking about IAN CURTIS.  I had only Closer on vinyl and NEW ORDER was "Blue Monday" 12 inch in a case that looks like a floppy disk _ I kept that one when I let most of my 12 inch go along with my albums. 

Okay, now I get it. I guess the look and shrug is worse than the random shrug, but it's way in the rear view mirror now.

You have to wonder if Curtis had lived Joy Division would have gone in the dance music direction that New Order did.

I have all the "regular" New Order studio albums, some in vinyl more in CD. They're all pretty good. 

I saw Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust tour. He did not sing all night long. I guess that is still my favorite Bowie album.

11 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Heart or Pat Benatar?

When I was a kid, I remember HEART's album Little Q ueen being advertised on TV - unusual then.  "Barracuda" was the song used in the commercial, so one heard it more than you ever did on the radio! 

You cannot believe how HOT the world thought PAT BENATAR was 40+ years ago (and she still is hot).  

Speaking of ladies, CHRISSIE HYNDE is a goddess to me.  

VANGELIS BLADE RUNNER Soundtrack  I mentioned in another thread and posted this YouTube.  I don't expect it to be up there long, but if it's there, I use YouTube like a jukebox.  I started it again, I do like it: 

Here's a band I really liked.  Can't figure why they never got that far.  But a DJ I listened to on afternoon "drive time" liked 'em too and often played their stuff.   I still have their first(of only 2) vinyl LP and sad to say, it sounds as old as it is...('71).

Sepiatone

• Like 1
On 2/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, Rudy's Girl said:

I love Wings, too. I have this whole concert from 1976 on DVD.

I have now only 3 CDs of PAUL or WINGS but I have been listening at YouTube to albums I had on vinyl.  In the '70s I had all of the WINGS albums (except Wildlife).  WINGS Over America was a 3 record set, and a great live album.  I cringe now at some WINGS stuff that I never liked like "Warm And Beautiful" or "Treat Her Gently - Lonely Old People" .  They've not aged well, they're just maudlin.  Ech.  London Town really slid all the way Back To The Egg.  Somebody laid one, though all WINGS albums have nice snatches of tunes.   I kept buying PAUL's records up to McCartney II .