Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

T'would be tragic to define the whole decade's music by that.

I don't listen to much Hip hop, but once in awhile I liked a record... that one is a Grammy winner I think (not that they ever get it right). 

I'm on this right now: 

NEW YORK DOLLS Too Much Too Soon

R-467520-1189530833.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

T'would be tragic to define the whole decade's music by that.  :huh:

A few of my preferences from the '90's were....

Sepiatone

I have only one ALICE IN CHAINS album (Facelift) though I like some other Grunge too (PEARL JAM, NIRVANA particularly).  You like some good Rock!  That album "the dog album" is the one of theirs I'd want.  All of your musical choices are good.  I like all types of music.  Good... and Bad.  :D

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I have only one ALICE IN CHAINS album (Facelift) though I like some other Grunge too (PEARL JAM, NIRVANA particularly).  You like some good Rock!  That album "the dog album" is the one of theirs I'd want.  All of your musical choices are good.  I like all types of music.  Good... and Bad:D

:D That brought to mind that line in the movie THE BLUES BROTHERS when they "highjacked" that gig at that country bar and asked the lady running the place, "What kid of music do you like here?"  And her answer,  "Oh, we like BOTH kinds.  Country AND Western!"  :D 

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I don't listen to much Hip hop, but once in awhile I liked a record... that one is a Grammy winner I think (not that they ever get it right). 

I'm on this right now: 

NEW YORK DOLLS Too Much Too Soon

R-467520-1189530833.jpeg.jpg

A co-worker of mine once quipped that he thought maybe that group GOO GOO DOLLS were all the kids of the New York Dolls.  ;) 

Sepiatone

14 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I guess you're bein' funny... you don't know the NEW YORK DOLLS

Yes,   just trying to keep it light.     Yea,  I'm aware of the NY Dolls,  especially since Fee looked at them as East Coast influences.  

On 6/21/2020 at 8:52 PM, Swithin said:

Regarding Dame Vera, I've always loved her work. She remained in the public eye, on television, and at many commemorative events. And her songs were featured on soundtracks of many movies and television shows.

"We'll Meet Again" is used at the close of DR. STRANGELOVE.  I have a VERA LYNN collection which I think I'll play now. 

24 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

R-11716602-1521471451-9386.jpeg.jpg

I believe it or not, I learned this song from Flo and Eddie and The Turtles.

They released a single of it in the  mid-60s. I think at the time I actually thought they wrote it. LOL

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

believe it or not, I learned this song from Flo and Eddie and The Turtles.

They released a single of it in the  mid-60s. I think at the time I actually thought they wrote it. LOL

I believe it.

• Haha 1

Anybody else like that '70s Soul?  I even bought 45s back in the day and they often were the Soul hits.  THE STYLISTICS are one of the best for that type of music

The Best Of THE STYLISTICS 

R-1079057-1375995060-1635.jpeg.jpg 

Of course, there were lots of groups...

• Like 3

Yep.  Stuck with only AM radio in my car for most of the '70's, heard a lot of that stuff on my way to work every morning.  Liked THESE guys too!  ;) 

Thought they and the Stylistics were great!  Many of my also long haired "hippie" buds thought I was crazy.  :wacko:

Sepiatone

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yep.  Stuck with only AM radio in my car for most of the '70's, heard a lot of that stuff on my way to work every morning.  Liked THESE guys too!  ;) 

Thought they and the Stylistics were great!  Many of my also long haired "hippie" buds thought I was crazy.  :wacko:

Sepiatone

I liked them when I was in college. But I really loved Rare Earth, Earth Wind & Fire, War and "Hollywood Swinging" Kool & the Gang.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I think BECK Odelay might've been the best album of the '90s. 

R-235913-1359397798-9718.jpeg.jpg

I think it is also.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

"Hollywood Swinging" Kool & the Gang.

Kool & the Gang. I Remember my younger very rock'n'roll sister was dancing all the time at home to 2 of their early singles,one of them is Jungle Boogie,she played it so often i can sing it right now,she had a strong addiction to R&B but i never really had it,Jungle Boogie was 4-5 years before Celebration.At long last i finally  liked them...

1 hour ago, nakano said:

Kool & the Gang. I Remember my younger very rock'n'roll sister was dancing all the time at home to 2 of their early singles,one of them is Jungle Boogie,she played it so often i can sing it right now,she had a strong addiction to R&B but i never really had it,Jungle Boogie was 4-5 years before Celebration.At long last i finally  liked them...

One time I was in Paris a few years back oh, they had just hit town and everybody was talking about their weekend concert.

All of these old American groups, do very well in Europe for good. Some stay there and never come back to the States.

19 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I think BECK Odelay might've been the best album of the '90s. 

R-235913-1359397798-9718.jpeg.jpg

I couldn't say.  Only heard "Where It's At" from it. Never got around to hearing the rest.  The '90's did have a wide variety to it......  like      :D 

and.....

Or-----

Sure.  No clear '90's "sound" or formula!   LOVE that.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Y'know, after ten years and 300+ weddings(as a photographer) we photogs are usually treated to similar fare by I'd say 99.9% of wedding DJ's.  like...

KENNY G's "Songbird" to kick off the dinner hour...

"Daddy's Little Girl" or "Sunrise, Sunset" for the Father-Daughter dance.

And for the garter toss.....

David Rose's "The Stripper" for when the groom removes the garter and when the guy who caught it puts it on the bouquet catcher's leg.  :rolleyes:  Without fail.

But KUDOS to the DJ at one of my nephew's wedding(for which I also did the photography) for changing it up by playing THIS instead!  ;)  

But of course, he did go back to the usual suspects for the rest of the night.  Like "Love Shack",  "Strokin'",  "Friends In Low Places",  etc.  And once, at another wedding, A DJ chanced( claiming it was a request) played....

Yeah, well.......

Sepiatone

I love THE BEACH BOYS and my first album of theirs was a used copy of Best of The Beach Boys Vol. 2... then I went through a phase of buying many of their albums in the 1980s that were still in print (and BUTCHERED).  This one, one of my top 10 favorite albums, was never butchered like so many of their others :

The-Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1