Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENESIS The Musical Box from Nursery Cryme,Genesis in their creative prime,this album and Foxtrot are amazing albums from 1973.

• Like 1

The Rolling Stones 1972 American Tour 

The 1972 Rolling Stones American tour was the most spectacular,important tour, it brought concerts tours to a new level.Just to give you an idea of its importance Led Zeppelin toured the States at exactly the same time ,selling out but being eclipsed,ignored, a lesson Zep never forgot.. the Stones tour was of that magnitude with riots in many cities,news fron various cities every day,almost 50 shows in 53 days ! The Stones did not do any encore except 5 or 6 times,mostly in Philly & NYC for their last stop They did as an encore a  medley of Uptight -Satisfaction with Stevie Wonder who was the support act for the whole tour.
The last 4 shows were in NYC at MSG,Dick Cavett made a 1 hour special broadcasted on August 4th 1972 as his ABC late show,i remember recording it on a cassette then !! With backstage interviews  a short time before the july 25th afternoon show it was a great special.Brown Sugar was always the opening number and Street Fighting Man the closing one.This is the actual footage of the complete live numbers as shown then.On this tour their version of SFMan was extraordinary,heavy,powerful,with the amazing guitar of Mick Taylor,his incredible solos and  with Keith doing great rythm,when you hear Taylor you realize the huge loss the Stones suffered by his departure and how incredibly inept Ron Wood is..sorry to say.
A fantastic performance at the end of a tour.Every show was awesome.I always took my Rolling Stones very seriously,their concert in Montreal that summer is the best show i have ever seen..3000 fake tx 1000 cops outside front page everywhere and the Stones arrested in the middle of the night on their way to Boston in Rhode Island!, amazing...An excellent book was written by Robert Greenfield :'S.T.P. A Journey through America with the Rolling Stones' published in 74,still in print i think,an incredible book about an extraordinary tour...if you do not believe me well i do not know many hard cover books on rock tours,i mean real serious writing…

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Have you been spying on me?:ph34r:

I discovered this last night and was really having a ball with it.

Absolute perfection except Paul sings too loud in "Ticket to Ride" on the harmony.

The thing I always remember best about The Beatles is that they sound better live than on the records.:P

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Have you been spying on me?:ph34r:

I discovered this last night and was really having a ball with it.

Absolute perfection except Paul sings too loud in "Ticket to Ride" on the harmony.

Nope.  YouTube offered that up today and I watched it.  I love me some live BEATLES !!! 

And yeh, PAUL, you really are great, but ahm, JOHN even with a frog in his throat is challenging...?

8 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Nope.  YouTube offered that up today and I watched it.  I love me some live BEATLES !!! 

And yeh, PAUL, you really are great, but ahm, JOHN even with a frog in his throat is challenging...?

All--And I wanted to ask you a question.

Last night I also watched a piece of a 2018 concert with Paul when Ringo and Ron Wood came on to do "Get Back". They were fabulous, but Paul was simply either hoarse from the show, had a sore throat or just can't sing anymore.

I don't keep up with him these days,  but I've heard other people mention that his singing sounds awful-- something he was doing at the Cavern Club recently.

But I know you're more objective.

Did he just have a bad night or is it really gone?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Did he just have a bad night or is it really gone?

I have no idea. He is no spring chicken.  I've never seen him in concert but in the '70s I was buying PAUL WINGS albums.  I stopped with McCARTNEY II.  Hard to believe that's 40 years ago! 

I'm listening to this, it's fun but not loveable, one track tries to sound like ROXY MUSIC :

VELVET TINMINE  Glam Rock Junkers 

s-l500.jpg

3 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I have no idea. He is no spring chicken.  I've never seen him in concert but in the '70s I was buying PAUL WINGS albums.  I stopped with McCARTNEY II.  Hard to believe that's 40 years ago! 

I'm listening to this, it's fun but not loveable, one track tries to sound like ROXY MUSIC :

VELVET TINMINE  Glam Rock Junkers 

Excellent, I bailed out nearly 40 years ago after buying the "Ebony and Ivory" album "Tug of War"-- but I only bought his solo stuff.

4 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

You mean you didn't buy any WINGS

Absolutely not!

Paul was in the greatest rock and roll group of the century--You can't recreate that.

If he wanted to have another rock group as a hobby and let his amateur-hour wife participate, more power to him.

He was great and he is great and I was primarily interested in him because of what he had done previously.

However, whenever he came on the radio with "Band on the Run", I didn't turn it off. I can't say the same thing for his "Silly Love Songs". LOL

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Absolutely not!

Paul was in the greatest rock and roll group of the century--You can't recreate that.

If he wanted to have another rock group as a hobby and let his amateur-hour wife participate, more power to him.

He was great and he is great and I was primarily interested in him because of what he had done previously.

However, whenever he came on the radio with "Band on the Run", I didn't turn it off. I can't say the same thing for his "Silly Love Songs". LOL

I like Ram and bought all of WINGS  except Wildlife... there are tracks on all of them I don't care for (except Ram).  As WINGS wore on, the albums got worse (Back To The Egg - oh bahruther).  Though I like "Silly Love Songs" more now than I did 45 years ago!  I listen to At The Speed Of Sound at YouTube sometimes. 

I never made much of a distinction between Paul McCartney solo and Wings. I figured McCartney was

the main mover behind both, so what's the difference. I did wonder if Denny Laine ever made a move

on Linda. I'm thinking probably not.

1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

I like Ram and bought all of WINGS  except Wildlife... there are tracks on all of them I don't care for (except Ram).  As WINGS wore on, the albums got worse (Back To The Egg - oh bahruther).  Though I like "Silly Love Songs" more now than I did 45 years ago!  I listen to At The Speed Of Sound at YouTube sometimes. 

Of course I bought " McCartney " because I couldn't quit cold turkey.

But "Ram " was quite good.

The other two were just vague memories-- something called "Speedway" and the "Ebony and Ivory" thing. 

Weirdly enough, one of the last 45's I bought--seems like it was Paul McCartney live in Glasgow singing "Coming Up".

57 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I never made much of a distinction between Paul McCartney solo and Wings. I figured McCartney was

the main mover behind both, so what's the difference. I did wonder if Denny Laine ever made a move

Thing about wings is that Paul McCartney wasn't playing all the instruments and I didn't think the group as a whole was worth the bother financially. Plus they simply looked like a vanity group when I saw them on TV with his wife Linda hitting that ridiculous triangle.

However seeing them on recorded live concerts Paul took it all very seriously, as he always did.

I think Denny Laine was in Moody Blues-- a British Invasion group that got lost in between the cracks. But I know he left in an acrimonious situation with Paul, but I assumed it was probably a bit of artistic temperament.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Of course I bought " McCartney " because I couldn't quit cold turkey.

But "Ram " was quite good.

The other two were just vague memories-- something called "Speedway" and the "Ebony and Ivory" thing. 

Weirdly enough, one of the last 45's I bought--seems like it was Paul McCartney live in Glasgow singing "Coming Up".

I think "Coming Up" must have been on McCARTNEY II (great bass line in that song). 

Red Rose Speedway had "My Love" on it, and it was not well received (I owned it and liked it better than others).  By McCARTNEY II I was done and never liked "Ebony And Ivory".  I always get mad at MICHAEL JACKSON when I think of that record (I never hear it). 

Speaking of, it's at YouTube :

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Well i remember The Laine feud nothing to do about Linda but she was known as a groupie-photographer spent time with Jagger in 1966 and with Hendrix among others,this before catching Paul in 68.

Just now, nakano said:

Well i remember The Laine feud nothing to do about Linda but she was known as a groupie-photographer spent time with Jagger in 1966 and with Hendrix among others,this before catching Paul in 68.

Speaking of that, I was surprised to find out that Ringo's first wife Maureen was a Liverpool Beatle groupie before she married him.

Even more surprised to find out that it was her affair with George that really broke up their marriage.

Believe it or not, it was John Lennon who got angry about the whole thing and called it incestuous. Go figure.....

17 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Speaking of that, I was surprised to find out that Ringo's first wife Maureen was a Liverpool Beatle groupie before she married him.

Even more surprised to find out that it was her affair with George that really broke up their marriage.

Believe it or not, it was John Lennon who got angry about the whole thing and called it incestuous. Go figure.....

John would fault the women since it was his view that men could do what they want,  but women should remain loyal to their man.

Maureen,,,,  run for your life!

28 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

I think "Coming Up" must have been on McCARTNEY II (great bass line in that song). 

Red Rose Speedway had "My Love" on it, and it was not well received (I owned it and liked it better than others).  By McCARTNEY II I was done and never liked "Ebony And Ivory".  I always get mad at MICHAEL JACKSON when I think of that record (I never hear it). 

Speaking of, it's at YouTube :

Michael Jackson wasn't on the  "Ebony /Ivory" record from "The Tug of War" album --

if that's what you're referring to.

It was Stevie Wonder.

I believe Paul McCartney had several duets with Michael Jackson, cuz I've seen some videos. But I don't think they did a complete album together. When they were working on some of this music or the videos, that's when Michael Jackson got the information he needed to steal the Beatle music.

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

John would fault the women since it was his view that men could do what they want,  but women should remain loyal to their man.

Maureen,,,,  run for your life!

Everything that an artist creates is not necessarily autobiographical or the personal opinion of that artist.

Artists have a right to discuss anything that's going on in the world around them that they have observed.

I don't think Baudelaire was a lesbian or that he took all of that opium.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Thing about wings is that Paul McCartney wasn't playing all the instruments and I didn't think the group as a whole was worth the bother financially. Plus they simply looked like a vanity group when I saw them on TV with his wife Linda hitting that ridiculous triangle.

However seeing them on recorded live concerts Paul took it all very seriously, as he always did.

I think Denny Laine was in Moody Blues-- a British Invasion group that got lost in between the cracks. But I know he left in an acrimonious situation with Paul, but I assumed it was probably a bit of artistic temperament.

Wings did make it a lot easier on Paul. He had a ready made band for recording and concert 

purposes instead of having to find new musicians every time. Linda did move up from the triangle

to the tambourine. Practice, practice, practice. 

Yeah, Laine was in the pre-OM version of the Moodies, when they had a big hit with Go Now. After

that I don't think they had much success in the U.S. until they turned to prog rock and all that

Timothy Leary mystical stuff.  By that time Laine was gone.

Baudelaire wasn't a lesbian or a cat, but he did do drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if he did some

opium too. 

3 hours ago, nakano said:

I was being mostly facetious about that, though with late nights and lots of drinking....I do remember reading

a bit about Linda's days as a photographer/groupie before she got to Paul. According to Wiki, Laine left in

1981 because Paul was hesitant to do concerts right after Lennon was killed. Maybe, maybe not.

1 minute ago, Vautrin said:

Wings did make it a lot easier on Paul. He had a ready made band for recording and concert 

purposes instead of having to find new musicians every time. Linda did move up from the triangle

to the tambourine. Practice, practice, practice. 

Yeah, Laine was in the pre-OM version of the Moodies, when they had a big hit with Go Now. After

that I don't think they had much success in the U.S. until they turned to prog rock and all that

Timothy Leary mystical stuff.  By that time Laine was gone.

Baudelaire wasn't a lesbian or a cat, but he did do drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if he did some

opium too. 

Baudelaire didn't do that many drugs in comparison to what he was writing about.

The deal was he had syphilis. And in the 19th century the doctors would give you-- believe it or not--

arsenic to treat it. There was no cure until penicillin.

As poisonous as the arsenic was, it was the syphilis which reached his brain and made him crazy. That eventually killed him.

But he wouldn't be the only French writer who died of syphilis in the 19th century, there was also Madame Bovary's Gustave Flaubert and Guy de Maupassant.

On the German musical side there was the high living Franz Schubert and the family man Robert Schumann who also died of venereal disease in the 19th century.

I don't know about the amount of his consumption. I think hashish was his go to drug. 

The case of Gustave Flaubert is somewhat ambiguous. He likely died of a cerebral

hemorrhage, as far as the scanty available evidence shows. He was also in poor

general health and was overweight. Maybe syphilis was a contributing factor,

but maybe it wasn't.