Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, Allhallowsday said:

Yes.  Much of it is up on YouTube I think.

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I watched him being thrilled that they brought Chuck Berry on the show so they could rock on together.

I've also seen a video of Chuck playing with Julian.

2 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I just found this video of Spanky and Our Gang. I can tell they're not lip-syncing. They sound great live.

When I saw your video it made me remember there was another record that I bought, " I'd Like To Get To Know You". I really was hoping they'd have more hit records, but as it was-- it was the end of the sixties and that era anyway.

BTW-- This live performance sounds better than the record. LOL

• Like 2

Sadly, this is all I can find of John and Yoko's appearance on the David Frost show in late '71.  And Peel never was what you'd call a top shelf musical act.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Sadly, this is all I can find of John and Yoko's appearance on the David Frost show in late '71.  And Peel never was what you'd call a top shelf musical act.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Speaking of David Frost, last week on YouTube I watched a live performance of The Beatles doing "Hey, Jude", surrounded by their fans.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

What I liked the best about ABC's "Shindig" were the house musicians-- they just blew me away.

We would tune in every week, not just to see the top groups like The Beach Boys or The Supremes-- which was fantastic because otherwise we'd have to wait until they were on "The Ed Sullivan Show" every once in awhile.

But the Righteous Brothers and Billy Preston were on every week!

It was just mind-blowing they were so good-- and the dancers were professional and superb.

"Shindig" was much more a teen-oriented show than NBC's "Hullabaloo", which had some adult- oriented artists like Sammy Davis jr. hosting with teen- oriented acts appearing just as if it was the music variety show of the week.

The only thing really outstanding was Michael Bennett's choreography and his lead dancer Donna McKechnie.

In 1969 they left TV forever and went to Broadway for Bacharach and David's "Promises Promises".

Michael Bennett's success with this show led him to create "A Chorus Line" with Donna McKechnie as a featured dancer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Those screaming girls have always irritated me. I mean, I get it. It's The Beatles and they're cute and all that. If I was there I would want to hear the music, not the screaming teen next to me. Save the screaming until the song is over, please.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I remember my parents and I were visiting some of their friends who had a teenager. After supper

they went into another room to talk and the two of us watched TV. The kid wanted to watch

one of those teen shows, either Shindig or Hullabaloo. I wanted to watch something else, maybe a

cowboy show. His mother told him that since I was the guest, we would watch what I wanted to

watch, so he didn't get to see Shindig or Hullabaloo and he was fit to be tied and gave me the evil

eye for the rest of the night. By the way, that milk in the commercial looks watery.

3 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Those screaming girls have always irritated me. I mean, I get it. It's The Beatles and they're cute and all that. If I was there I would want to hear the music, not the screaming teen next to me. Save the screaming until the song is over, please.

You had to be there.:P

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

I remember my parents and I were visiting some of their friends who had a teenager. After supper

they went into another room to talk and the two of us watched TV. The kid wanted to watch

one of those teen shows, either Shindig or Hullabaloo. I wanted to watch something else, maybe a

cowboy show. His mother told him that since I was the guest, we would watch what I wanted to

watch, so he didn't get to see Shindig or Hullabaloo and he was fit to be tied and gave me the evil

eye for the rest of the night. By the way, that milk in the commercial looks watery.

How young are you anyway?:o

PRINCESS, remember too, BOBBY SHERMAN was on "Shindig" pretty regularly too.  ;)  And couldn't find a "Shindig" clip, but that show was where and when most everyone heard and saw this "whatever happened to" guy.   :D

And JAMES----

My new copy of ACOUSTIC GUITAR has an article about this long overlooked gem...

I'm a left-handed person who learned to play right handed.  Never once thought of turning the guitar upside down and learning that way.  

Sepiatone

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

How young are you anyway?:o

Not young at all. Shindig and Hullabaloo were on 55 years ago. I was not quite a teenager at the time.

I just wanted to watch something else. There were no hard feelings as a few years later the Shindigger

would go with my dad and me to Shea Stadium for Mets' games. 

Country Life by ROXY MUSIC ... and though I posted the Wikipedia image for the cover photo... it was deleted.  I am not surprised as tha cover has been scandalous since it was new... 46 years ago. 

Such was posted in the What are you listening to? thread ...

Two partly naked women just doesn't make it. I have no problem with the cover,

but on the back it's hard to read the songs on side two. 

Just finally arrived yesterday from my Amazon order.  Sure has come a ways since "The Wanderer" days, eh?  ;) 

Man, this whole CD kicks a s s!   It's a four year old recording now, which put him at 76-77 or so when he put it out.  

Still waiting on my MR. SIPP order, but until then, enjoy this( if y'all's are blues lovers)---

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Maybe this(for some) might belong in the "Forgotten Oldies" thread, but it's not forgotten by me.  I do remember DION when he was with The Belmonts, but this is the firsr 45 I bought by DION as a solo performer...(and the KAZOO as a rock'n'roll instrument?)

And yeah, I know he also put it out with The Belmonts.   But then, he did this cover of a Drifter's hit;

Sepiatone

• Like 1

After the release of Carney R-3071000-1314499663.jpeg.jpgLeon did a big tour in 1972 started right after the Stones one, i catched it in Montreal in September1972 (with Nitzinger opening) it is among the best shows i have seen as nobody expected anything special !He was not well known then 7000 out of 20000 showed up,He released in 1973 a triple lp set titled 'Leon Live' to commemorate the tour,it was one of the top grossing tours of 72.

Was never too big on Leon although I did like "Tightrope".  And sure, he was very well known in '72 mostly due to his work earlier in... ('70 I believe...)

Sepiatone