Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was not a fan of Carney but the show he had on the road that year was one of the best,not the best  but one of them and in 1972 everybody was out on the road.He was well known as a writer and session player with everybody,He made bad records after Carney and he was never in the spotlight again.But in 1972, he was the best solo act on the road then.Actually Cocker was out in march 72 the same  year,i saw the show it was terrible... selling out big arenas and giving lousy shows. The influence of Russell was instrumental in Cocker's success and Russell prove it to everybody in 72 he was the master of space and time(his  nickname then).I just found on the web a review of the show i have seen,they claimed 11000 attended,well it was not packed anyway.1972-09-20r.jpg?itok=6NDbEiNZ

Saw that severl times ALLHALLOWS, and still get a kick out of Paul's "Favorite American group SOPHIE TUCKER"  line, as well as John's "Rattle your jewelry" rib.

For those not familiar, here's Paul's favorite "American group".  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

BUDGIE - I love this

I haven't heard them in forever. My dad has a cassette tape of them that I can remember listening to in the car really loud when he would take me out for drives of a night.

I think this is it.

51RTcxCEb+L._SY355_.jpg

• Thanks 1

I really need to get new specs.  I at first thought the title of the LP was "BEDPAN"  ;)  Anyway....

They weren't too bad, not a fave of mine, but not really disliked.  But HERE'S a band that NEEDED to fade away...  and thankfully they did, and FAST!...

I remember a lot of people thought, when RUSH hit the scene,that GEDDY LEE was from this band....

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Does that mean you don't like Rush? I can't believe it.

Sure.  I like RUSH.  Lee's vocals weren't as frenetic as the Pavlov guy.  And despite what other Rush likers choose, my favorite of there's for me is----

But as far as songs referring to radio, I still prefer.....

;) Sepiatone

This '60's Canadian band wasn't too bad, and also too bad they never made it over here.... Local FM "underground" radio played their stuff often......

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

Say....  How many remember this from the '70's?  It's the only other Wakeman solo project I've heard, and the only one of the two I like.( the other being that "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" mess).

Sepiatone

Ram was a pretty good album, but had that one song with the dumb title Monkberry Moon Delight. I can only hope it was a drug song because otherwise it's just stupid. I bought a few more McCartney albums after that and then it was time to go.

My friend had that Rick Wakeman album and I heard it a few times. I don't remember it very well of course, but I probably liked it at the time, though not enough to buy my own copy.

Yesterday's Jumble had a Beach Boys' theme. When Brian, Dennis and Carl Wilson roughhoused on the beach, they were being----BOYS-TEROUS. Hardy har har. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Ry9m4KDp_bigger.jpg

The Beatles released “Hey Jude” 52 years ago this week. The song is as beautiful and powerful as the day it first hit AM radio. The Beatles still have the greatest song catalogue of any band in our lifetimes, and there’s still not a close second. https://youtu.be/A_MjCqQoLLA

8:59 PM · Aug 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

" Take it, Jude"

• Like 1

Never did like "Hey Jude" as much as other people seemed to.  More preferred the "B" side REVOLUTION.  I liked the way it cut through all the crap that was what most "revolutionaries" were really all about. 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1