Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

All About Music

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, Allhallowsday said:

This thread is drowning 

We're all so eager to show everybody what we like that we're posting too much too quick. It's all good, though. If you follow you'll get a notification whenever somebody posts something.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my mom's favorite song. I like it, too. I love Gogi's voice.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a hard rock side. Such as...

Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands. I have this documentary from 1972.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

We're all so eager to show everybody what we like that we're posting too much too quick. It's all good though. If you follow you'll get a notification whenever somebody posts something.

I have been listening to all the YouTubes posted and I like them all.  YouTube is great and I'm there everyday.  It's a jukebox!  I am interested in what people have to share too. 

BTW I like GOGI GRANT, STEPPENWOLF and PINK FLOYD most of all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble is, I've such a widely eclectic interest in music that I can't honestly point to one single, or few artists I like the most.   I can run the gamut from this----

 

to this-----

;)  All in the same hour.

Sepiatone

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

All in the same hour.

Me too.  We do have two other threads mostly dedicated to the jukebox: Forgotten Oldies and What Are You Listening To?  both of which I've been posting in.  They are both quiet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I forgot about the one("What are you listening to") and since I'll sometimes go a few days without listening to anything, I stay out.

And I'm always on the "hear out" ( ;) )  for Forgotten Oldies.  And there does seem to be some disparity about what constitutes an "oldie" to different people.  Some of the "oldies" posted don't really seem that "old" to me, while to the poster, it could be something before their time. :wacko:  But, there's gonna be a new post there from me in a bit.  ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Well, I forgot about the one("What are you listening to") and since I'll sometimes go a few days without listening to anything, I stay out.

And I'm always on the "hear out" ( ;) )  for Forgotten Oldies.  And there does seem to be some disparity about what constitutes an "oldie" to different people.  Some of the "oldies" posted don't really seem that "old" to me, while to the poster, it could be something before their time. :wacko:  But, there's gonna be a new post there from me in a bit.  ;) 

Sepiatone

It's my habit to keep somebody's good idea going as far as forum threads.  It's hard to believe 1980 is 40 years ago!  Yeh, some "oldies" don't seem that old. 

Now that CHOPIN... that was before you were born?  I'm listening now and like it, even though it's a little old. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that CHOPIN piece is over 170 years old, so it's before ANYBODY here's time!  :D 

Sepioatone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that long ago I would have captioned this Bowie with the late great Mick Ronson. But sadly they

are now both gone. R.I.P. U2.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, that CHOPIN piece is over 170 years old, so it's before ANYBODY here's time!  :D 

Sepioatone

...And it ain't CHOPIN...

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Not that long ago I would have captioned this Bowie with the late great Mick Ronson. But sadly they

are now both gone. R.I.P. U2.

Great! Love that song!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Great! Love that song!

Yeah, that entire album is most excellent. As I said before, probably my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudy's Girl is right. take it easy and only post really good stuff like I do.

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is one of the most saddest and beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, NIP thinks this is a "favorite movie soundtrack" thread.  :rolleyes:

Anyway......  Here's a couple from a band I first saw open for The Mahavishnu Orchestra in '72.   Followed by a couple of  early Mahavishnu favorites.  but with two different line-ups( except for McLaughlin) and one similar element........ 

 

 

 

 

Sepiatone

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE STOOGES Fun House - my favorite Rock N' Roll record. 

R-611503-1352616765-2054.jpeg.jpg 

THE STOOGES ~ impeccably DUMB, the first real PUNK record, it's awesome.  

m6vCmW0de7-nx9zEfwyaAgFnFO3SoSfiIiCGilHL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

this is one of the most saddest and beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard,

 

I was planning on watching this movie soon because I've never seen it before. I've had it for a while, but I'm not a big Victor Mature fan. But I've heard nothing but good things about the soundtrack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I was planning on watching this movie soon because I've never seen it before. I've had it for a while, but I'm not a big Victor Mature fan. But I've heard nothing but good things about the soundtrack. 

I like VICTOR MATURE who supposedly once exclaimed: "I'm no actor... and I have 35 movies to prove it!"  I like THE EGYPTIAN which has no "great" performances but is loads of fun.   Nice soundtrack too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Which version do you like best?

 

 

 

RG-- Andy is my favorite male singer so I can't help but thank you for featuring him here. That album was one of his poppy rock albums of the 70s, where he was barely singing but staying up with the times and still making money.

Andy was one of the few legitimate singers of the age who could still make money singing poppy rock-- he knew how to sell it without overwhelming it with his voice.

One reason he was so successful at it is because in the 1950s when he first broke into the Top 40, he had to learn to sing  rock and roll, even though he didn't want to. 

"Your Song" is how Elton John was first introduced to us and his talent was self-assured and overwhelming. He's really a good pianist and this song shows that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...