Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

All About Music

On 2/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, Allhallowsday said:

This thread is drowning 

We're all so eager to show everybody what we like that we're posting too much too quick. It's all good, though. If you follow you'll get a notification whenever somebody posts something.

• Thanks 2

This is my mom's favorite song. I like it, too. I love Gogi's voice.

• Like 2

I do have a hard rock side. Such as...

Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands. I have this documentary from 1972.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

We're all so eager to show everybody what we like that we're posting too much too quick. It's all good though. If you follow you'll get a notification whenever somebody posts something.

I have been listening to all the YouTubes posted and I like them all.  YouTube is great and I'm there everyday.  It's a jukebox!  I am interested in what people have to share too. 

BTW I like GOGI GRANT, STEPPENWOLF and PINK FLOYD most of all!

Trouble is, I've such a widely eclectic interest in music that I can't honestly point to one single, or few artists I like the most.   I can run the gamut from this----

to this-----

;)  All in the same hour.

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

All in the same hour.

Me too.  We do have two other threads mostly dedicated to the jukebox: Forgotten Oldies and What Are You Listening To?  both of which I've been posting in.  They are both quiet. 

Well, I forgot about the one("What are you listening to") and since I'll sometimes go a few days without listening to anything, I stay out.

And I'm always on the "hear out" ( ;) )  for Forgotten Oldies.  And there does seem to be some disparity about what constitutes an "oldie" to different people.  Some of the "oldies" posted don't really seem that "old" to me, while to the poster, it could be something before their time. :wacko:  But, there's gonna be a new post there from me in a bit.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Well, I forgot about the one("What are you listening to") and since I'll sometimes go a few days without listening to anything, I stay out.

And I'm always on the "hear out" ( ;) )  for Forgotten Oldies.  And there does seem to be some disparity about what constitutes an "oldie" to different people.  Some of the "oldies" posted don't really seem that "old" to me, while to the poster, it could be something before their time. :wacko:  But, there's gonna be a new post there from me in a bit.  ;) 

Sepiatone

It's my habit to keep somebody's good idea going as far as forum threads.  It's hard to believe 1980 is 40 years ago!  Yeh, some "oldies" don't seem that old. 

Now that CHOPIN... that was before you were born?  I'm listening now and like it, even though it's a little old. 😛

Yeah, that CHOPIN piece is over 170 years old, so it's before ANYBODY here's time!  :D 

Sepioatone

• Like 1

Not that long ago I would have captioned this Bowie with the late great Mick Ronson. But sadly they

are now both gone. R.I.P. U2.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, that CHOPIN piece is over 170 years old, so it's before ANYBODY here's time!  :D 

Sepioatone

...And it ain't CHOPIN...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Not that long ago I would have captioned this Bowie with the late great Mick Ronson. But sadly they

are now both gone. R.I.P. U2.

Great! Love that song!

5 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Great! Love that song!

Yeah, that entire album is most excellent. As I said before, probably my favorite.

Rudy's Girl is right. take it easy and only post really good stuff like I do.

:)

this is one of the most saddest and beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard,

Apparently, NIP thinks this is a "favorite movie soundtrack" thread.  :rolleyes:

Anyway......  Here's a couple from a band I first saw open for The Mahavishnu Orchestra in '72.   Followed by a couple of  early Mahavishnu favorites.  but with two different line-ups( except for McLaughlin) and one similar element........ 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

THE STOOGES Fun House - my favorite Rock N' Roll record. 

R-611503-1352616765-2054.jpeg.jpg 

THE STOOGES ~ impeccably DUMB, the first real PUNK record, it's awesome.  

m6vCmW0de7-nx9zEfwyaAgFnFO3SoSfiIiCGilHL

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

this is one of the most saddest and beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard,

I was planning on watching this movie soon because I've never seen it before. I've had it for a while, but I'm not a big Victor Mature fan. But I've heard nothing but good things about the soundtrack. 

24 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I was planning on watching this movie soon because I've never seen it before. I've had it for a while, but I'm not a big Victor Mature fan. But I've heard nothing but good things about the soundtrack. 

I like VICTOR MATURE who supposedly once exclaimed: "I'm no actor... and I have 35 movies to prove it!"  I like THE EGYPTIAN which has no "great" performances but is loads of fun.   Nice soundtrack too. 

1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Which version do you like best?

RG-- Andy is my favorite male singer so I can't help but thank you for featuring him here. That album was one of his poppy rock albums of the 70s, where he was barely singing but staying up with the times and still making money.

Andy was one of the few legitimate singers of the age who could still make money singing poppy rock-- he knew how to sell it without overwhelming it with his voice.

One reason he was so successful at it is because in the 1950s when he first broke into the Top 40, he had to learn to sing  rock and roll, even though he didn't want to. 

"Your Song" is how Elton John was first introduced to us and his talent was self-assured and overwhelming. He's really a good pianist and this song shows that.

• Like 2