Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Howdy. I am marking my calendar for films I am most excited for during "31 Days of Oscar", one of which is "Sons and Lovers" (1960).  However, I noticed a discrepancy between the ""31 Days of Oscar" schedule and the weekly schedule , that leaves me questioning the airtime of "Sons and Lovers".

• On "31 Days of Oscar" schedule:"Sons and Lovers" is set to show on Tues, Feb 18 at 9:45 pm ET between "Brief Encounter" and "Pygmalion".
  • But on the weekly schedule: "Sons and Lovers" is curiously missing on Feb 18 (and every other day), even though "Brief Encounter" and "Pygmalion" appear at the same times as in the "31Days" schedule.

This begs the question: is "Sons and Lovers" no longer showing on TCM on Feb 18? or was it simply forgotten in the weekly schedule?

I was very excited at a chance to see this film, and would appreciate a timely response.

Exhibit A: "Sons & Lovers" scheduled at 9:45

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.16.07 AM.png

Exhibit B: "Sons and Lovers" has vanished :o

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.15.20 AM.png

The http output of their scheduling system is broken, and I am being cordial about that.  ;)
(there are legitimate issues and it takes three of us, all with computer programming backgrounds,  just to keep track of the different aspects of this.)

On the front-most end is Cmovieviewer's work - he keeps track of things yet to air:
http://escapepress.com/tcmsched/tcm_overview.html

I tie different things together, though my part of this would be exactly the same even if there weren't any issues and the online schedules worked correctly:
http://moviecollectoroh.com

And there is another guy who has his own broadcast log project, which he has been generous enough to allow me to use (it covers the years 2011-present).  It is a true representation of what actually aired, afterwards.  Not just what the schedule said.

Of course I am simplifying it all just for this post.

In short, there seems to be inconsistency with what I think seems to be a misconfigured content distribution system.  (If this doesn't mean anything to you, don't worry about it - though nobody from TCM who could get to the bottom of this, or anything else, ever sees this forum.)

My summary: Basically treat any missing entries as if they will still air, unless there is clear evidence they have been replaced with something else.