Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BEST PICTURE OSCAR WINNERS?

Just got done watching the 92nd Annual Academy awards & man, man, 0, man, what a jaw dropping experience altogether

Parasite won Best Picture Gold over l9l7 7 became to only Foreign-Film to win it in history *& much to my disgust

Not because like about 98% of my fellow pundits I got it wrong, but I've seen tons of footage of it & don't understand what all the fuss is about except political

They didn't stop there it also upset the mammoth work of Sam Mendes for l9l7 for Best Director with Parasite?

Even Best Make-Up was bizarre with Bombshell defeating both Joker & Judy?

It was cool to see Zellweger get her revenge upon those that laughed at her when she got a bad facelift

Now my own personal favorite film of the year is Joker, not l9l7, which is amazing moviemaking though

Your gonna see & hear about these Oscars everywhere

The worst one's I've covered since 1982 when I started

women truly seem to dislike Joker though

Did get actor, actress, s. actor, s. actress, both screenplays, foreign-film-(another pc thing nowadays is renaming it international film???), cinematography, song, score, costumes, sound & a couple more correct

My finest year was 2yrs hitting 21 for 24 on the money though

Scorsese & his Irishman releasing system ton  Netflix really backfired  It's not even made $1m. either?

& as I've written before Tinsel-Town had been drooling to vote him another BD Oscar-(his 9th nod.)

THANKS

• Thanks 2

very few folks, spence, have seen parasite, and i'll not view it either ... hollywood is not representing a great many of americans and that's why you're seeing others using other channels to make film other than hollywood which has turned into one big politically correct operation ...

2 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

very few folks, spence, have seen parasite, and i'll not view it either ... hollywood is not representing a great many of americans and that's why you're seeing others using other channels to make film other than hollywood which has turned into one big politically correct operation ...

🙄

Which

1 hour ago, JakeHolman said:

All Releases
DOMESTIC (21.5%)
$35,472,282
INTERNATIONAL (78.5%)
$129,890,022
WORLDWIDE
$165,362,304

PARASITE BOX OFFICE MOJO 

Which is more than the 24.2 million gross for Judy and 30.3 million for Jojo Rabbit.  I don't see the reason for the indignation over a movie that you apparently haven't seen.  Personally I can think of no shortage of reasons for not liking Joker or 1917.  Phoenix's performance is in my view, the least of the five nominees,.  It's almost a parody of the much better performances he gave this decade in The Master, The Immigrant, Her and You Were Never Really There.  And it reflects badly on an Academy that ignored The King of Comedy altogether and condescended so much to Taxi Driver, that it gave such an honor to a movie that cheaply copied so much from those movies.  As for 1917 it only looks impressive if you haven't seen genuine single take movies like Russian Ark or Victoria, or the bravura single shot sequence in Long Day's Journey into Night or the unbelievable misc-en-scene in Hard to be a God.  It's also fairly fatuous:  there may be a case for the Allied side in World War One, but having the protagonists simply assume it, with the other side not allowed to say a word in edgewise, is not that case.  Also having France's citizens, in the country where the action takes place and who are actually doing most of the fighting, reduced to a cameo, is not a class act.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Welcome to the TCM Fan Forum! A die-hard Trump supporter will be along shortly to insult your intelligence.

Assuming said die-hard supporter can find some link to "share" and does not have to articulate his own views.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

I keep trying when the AMPAS turned so pc, maybe around 05?

JOHN WAYNE would be so proud, huh

2 hours ago, lilyrose30 said:

What kind of people are in this forum who would make comments and post tweets like this? 

The kind of people you place on "ignore." 

There are others here who are open to all types of film--not just ones made in 'Murica that represent so-called 'Murican values. 

I have not seen Parasite but am intrigued based on the response it received at the Oscars.  Some here  (those who would freely use the word "t a r d" for example, ::gag::) seem to believe that the Oscars are exclusively devoted to American films, not realizing that they are just another stop on the international film circuit. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Thenryb said:
7 hours ago, alleybj said:

Chariots of Fire was a much bigger upset. No one saw that one coming. Most prognosticators thought 1917 would win, but most of them also said that Parasite could be a spoiler. And it was.

don't agree about chariots... it was a big/huge upset over reds but being a foreign film was a stunner Assuming said die-hard supporter can find some link to "share" and does not have to articulate his own views.

WHAT???

7 hours ago, alleybj said:

Chariots of Fire was a much bigger upset. No one saw that one coming. Most prognosticators thought 1917 would win, but most of them also said that Parasite could be a spoiler. And it was.

sorry posted this wrong area  don't agree  chariots was a huge upset especially over reds and even on golden pond that year, but this was a foreign film and also won foreign film refuse to call it the new pc term international film

7 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

I've seen lots of PARASITE online & the massive undertaking that Sam Mendes had to do is asinine in comparison???

Perhaps if Mendes hadn't already won 20yrs ago, plus the multiculturalism factor he woulda won again

Look at what Scorsese had to take on vs Parasite's direction as well

• Like 1