Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am not a big fan of romantic films but here are 5 of my favorite movies about love:

1. The Clock (1945) A soldier on leave (Robert Walker) falls for an office worker(Judy Garland) in New York. We see all the obstacles they face as they try to get married.

2. Roman Holiday (1953) A reporter (Gregory Peck) has a whirlwind romance with an incognito princess (Audrey Hepburn). The Mouth Of Truth scene is one of my favorite movie moments.

3. Marty (1955) An overweight butcher (Ernest Borgnine) and a plain schoolteacher (Betsy Blair) don't think they will ever find love, but find each other. This is one of the funniest, most touching and realistic portrayals of love on film.

4. Romeo And Juliet (1968) The best version of Shakespeare's star crossed lovers, with age appropriate actors (Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey) , great costumes, beautiful music and stunning color.

5. Butterflies Are Free (1972) A blind musician (Edward Albert) falls in love with a free spirited hippie girl (Goldie Hawn). His over protective mother (Oscar winner Eileen Heckart) does not approve.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Let's talk about about love. 💘

(Here are some potential conversation starters)                        

5d761c7d35a5f115ac672afa2826c97b.jpg

She sure could have used this.

Love-Heart-Shaped-Pool-Float-Swimming-Ri

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine? 💕
Could you be mine? 💘

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine? 💕
Could you be mine? 💘

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you!
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.
So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together we might as well say,
Would you be mine? 💕
Could you be mine? 💘
Won't you be my neighbor? :wub:
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor? :blink:

hw.png?itok=XhgHlmGt&c=5ecd396f6e17223cf

❤️

• Haha 1

And here folks we have this year's Valentine's Day greeting from the White House:

hot-daughter.jpg?resize=670,670&quality=

(...what...I don't see anything creepy about this?!...well okay, maybe just a little anyway)

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Hey, BRONX!

Isn't that LARRY NASSAR's theme song?  :D  (Google MSU sex scandal)  ;)

Anyway y'all know why this don't mean much to me anymore.  But my brother in law said something that struck me odd yesterday-----

He pronounced the day "ValenTIME'S Day."   I laughed.  I haven't called it that since KINDERGARTEN!  :D   Anyone else know an adult that still says that?

Sepiatone

A thread about Valentine's Day that features jokes about pedophilia/sexual assault, incest, anti-feminism, drowning, and Harvey Weinstein, all on the first page. 

Once again, the internet lives up to its reputation.:lol:

❤️👽💩🦷🐼🥨🗿❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re: 

Am trying to get back to the reason for this thread but not having any luck.

Valentine's Day = romance, romance = romance movies.  Massacre did happened on that day with 2 movies made about it. "Kate and Leopold" is a modern romance movie with a plot ending one poster don't like. -_-