Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

Happy Valentine's Day!

28 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

James, you're right!

And of course let's not forget her most remembered movie....

(anyone want to supply a photo, lol?)

image.jpeg.11527f80aff771d6c70ad0c817a3a1fa.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Getting back to romance on Valentine's Day;    Not much can top this one:   Random Harvest (1942).

Image result for random harvest

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

And... Rock Hudson, Richard Widmark, Harpo Marx, Hedda Hopper, Eve Arden, Don Loper, and the spouses of Richard Carlson (Mona), Forrest Tucker (Marilyn Johnson), Gordon MacRae (Sheila), William Holder (Brenda Marshall), Dean Martin (Jeanne) and Van Heflin (Frances Neal)

I love this, lol.

And realize that my I Love Lucy credentials are pretty darn nil!

James, it's true, one can't do better than Greer Garson and Ronald Colman (separately or together).

I love her and Olivier in PRIDE AND PREJUDICE.  (and thought she should have won the Oscar that year for her Elizabeth Bennett but, never mind...…)

35 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Post-Hollywood she also meets Bob Hope, Charles Boyer, and Orson Welles.

You and txfilmfan are true ILL aficionados!

• Like 1

Lavender, I love 84 CHARING CROSS ROAD.   (and she weeps in a movie theatre watching BRIEF ENCOUNTER)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Lavender, I love 84 CHARING CROSS ROAD.   (and she weeps in a movie theatre watching BRIEF ENCOUNTER)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 84 Charing Cross Road.. It's such a shame it's very rarely shown anywhere. Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins, what a romantic story. Great, beautiful film

• Like 1

Post I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Hour.    Edie Adams, Ida Lupino and Howard Duff, Danny Thomas and Marjorie Lord, Tallulah Bankhead, Harry James and Betty Grable,  Red Skelton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Post I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Hour.    Edie Adams, Ida Lupino and Howard Duff, Danny Thomas and Marjorie Lord, Tallulah Bankhead, Harry James and Betty Grable,  Red Skelton.

Wow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I'd love to see Tallulah interacting with Lucy Ricardo, lol.

She was on an episode when Lucy and Desi move to Connecticut I think, trying  to remember, but I think so. Re-runs are now on Me-TV. It just started as I Love Lucy so we have a way to go, but when they move to Connecticut and I see the day before she's on, I'll let you know :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 84 Charing Cross Road.. It's such a shame it's very rarely shown anywhere. Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins, what a romantic story. Great, beautiful film

TCM has shown it a few times but not enough as far as I'm concerned.  I love the post-war New York and London atmosphere.   Wish we could go back to that period; seems almost picturesque now....

Wish I could have had a relationship like that with a British bookseller and his staff.  But then I'm sort of an Anglophile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

She was on an episode when Lucy and Desi move to Connecticut I think, trying remember, but I think so. Re-runs are now on Me-TV. It just started as I Love Lucy so we have a way to go, but when they move to Connecticut and I see the day before she's on, I'll let you know :)

Thanks, lavender!  I get MeTV and usually watch The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the old Thriller series with Boris Karloff.  Great stuff.

6 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Thanks, lavender!  I get MeTV and usually watch The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the old Thriller series with Boris Karloff.  Great stuff.

You're Welcome Fellow Bronxgirl LOL. that episode is a riot. Tallulah moves next door to Lucy and Ricky in Connecticut, they start out being friends and wind up fighting with each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The ones that come to mind, I'm forgetting some

1. Random Harvest

2.The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

3. Marty

4 .Sunrise

5 .Portrait of Jennie

6. The Apartment

7.  84 Charing Cross Rd

8 . Funny Face ( that last scene of Audrey and Fred on the lake )

9. The Notebook

10. The Age of Innocence ( Scorsese's version)

11. Brief Encounter

12. The Enchanted Cottage

13. An Affair To Remember

14. Falling In Love

15. I Remember Mama ( not romantic love, but love nonetheless )

16. The Goodbye Girl

I love The Enchanted Cottage!! I can't believe I forgot about that one.

I also really love Funny Face.  Such a great movie.  And the fashion! I wish Kay Thompson made more films.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

She was on an episode when Lucy and Desi move to Connecticut I think, trying  to remember, but I think so. Re-runs are now on Me-TV. It just started as I Love Lucy so we have a way to go, but when they move to Connecticut and I see the day before she's on, I'll let you know :)

Tallulah is in the second episode of The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, "The Celebrity Next Door." That episode is hilarious and is the last appearance of Lucy's signature bun hairstyle.  She switched to the short-haired wigs starting with the third episode, "Lucy Hunts Uranium" guest starring Fred MacMurray and June Haver.

My favorite of the hour-long Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour series is the one with Tallulah, "Lucy Visits Sun Valley" with Fernando Lamas, "Lucy Makes Room For Danny Thomas" guest starring the cast of The Danny Thomas Show, and the first one "Lucy Visits Havana" with Ann Sothern, Cesar Romero, and Rudy Vallee. 

• Like 1