Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jakeem

Billie Eilish's Bond movie theme is out.

Multi-Grammy Award winner Billie Eilish and her producer-brother Finneas O'Connell were chosen to create the theme for Daniel Craig's final film as James Bond. Now that the song has been released, what do you think about it?

An OK song, the whispery vocals give it an eerie feel. I thought the music would build up into a more explosive climax but it never does. The beginning reminds me of Shirley Bassey's "Diamonds Are Forever"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

An OK song, the whispery vocals give it an eerie feel. I thought the music would build up into a more explosive climax but it never does. The beginning reminds me of Shirley Bassey's "Diamonds Are Forever"

It reminds me of the "Spectre" theme -- "Writing's On the Wall" by Sam Smith. It won the Best Original Song Oscar for 2015.

I liked it. And, for what it's worth, I also enjoyed her rendition of "Yesterday" during the Oscars. Which is the only other time I've heard her song. Needless to say, I'm nowhere near her target audience. 🙂

I just read a rather scathing  article from the Chicago Tribune titled:  Review:  Billie Eilish's new James Bond theme song for "No Time to Die" is not good... 

"Eilish has done an Eilish song, which probably isn’t surprising. “No Time To Die” is a quavering, drab thing that doesn’t have tension, or life, or drama, or pretty much anything interesting, right down to the utterly ordinary arrangement better suited for a wine commercial. A theme is supposed to be more than incidental music that burbles innocently in the background. There is the swell of percussion and string drama near the end but it’s a false start, because the artist singing the tune isn’t capable of rising to the occasion. Eilish’s vocal range moves from whisper to coo, veering from that only for an instant, just at the end, which makes it clear why she sticks to that range. Look, who’s going to say no to that kind of assignment, right? You get a global single without having to do much except, in the case of Eilish, mutter into a microphone."  Ouch!

In related news, the film itself has been revealed to be 163 minutes long, a record for the series. There are also some rumors that the plot might somehow be connected to the film that started it all 58 years ago, Dr. No.

21 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

In related news, the film itself has been revealed to be 163 minutes long, a record for the series. There are also some rumors that the plot might somehow be connected to the film that started it all 58 years ago, Dr. No.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Madeleine Swann (played by Léa Seydoux), Bond's love interest from the 2015 thriller "Spectre," begins pressuring him to get out of the spy game.

See the source image