Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

8 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I think you are misinformed.

Yeah, but aren't ya also wonderin' if he might also be confused a bit about there being waters in the North African desert TOO, Swithin???

Well, I am.

(...and no, NOT about the whole water in the desert thing, but if this guy based his nom-de-plume here on, well, YOU know) ;)

• Like 1
On 2/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, txfilmfan said:

Based on OP's other posts, I think it's a general lament that things have gone downhill since Robert Osborne passed away.

Or maybe it is a reference to this years "31 days of Oscars" that seems even more painful than prior years. It seems like it has been going on for longer than 31 days already. Or maybe a reference to the endless Backlot and Wine Club promos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's kind of sad is that we're all - including me, I know -  responding to this person, putting a bit of energy and time into posting on their thread, when we all know that this person will never come back here, probably not even to read the replies to their stupid post.   I say "stupid" because to me it's stupid to make a statement like that and then not even bother to back it up or explain what you mean. Anyone can do that, it takes a bit more effort to actually articulate what exactly you mean if you make such a statement.

Anyway, we're all,  - yes, me too -  wasting our time, as we all know "misinformed" will never come back.  (and what's up with their screen name?  ) The whole thing is putting me in a bad mood, I'm out of here.

• Like 3

source.gif

"TCM's bad? Oh no, did they stop showing my films?"

giphy-14.gif?fit=400,215&ssl=1

"TCM cancelled broadcasting The Jerk? I can handle this, I can handle this . . . No, I can't."

tenor.gif?itemid=9124282

"Oh, Mr. Newbie TCM belly acher, . . ."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, misswonderly3 said:

Anyway, we're all,  - yes, me too -  wasting our time, as we all know "misinformed" will never come back. 

Musn't reply.  Sit. on. hands.  Can't. resist.  Typing.  Nooooo!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, misswonderly3 said:

What's kind of sad is that we're all - including me, I know -  responding to this person, putting a bit of energy and time into posting on their thread, when we all know that this person will never come back here, probably not even to read the replies to their stupid post.   I say "stupid" because to me it's stupid to make a statement like that and then not even bother to back it up or explain what you mean. Anyone can do that, it takes a bit more effort to actually articulate what exactly you mean if you make such a statement.

Anyway, we're all,  - yes, me too -  wasting our time, as we all know "misinformed" will never come back.  (and what's up with their screen name?  ) The whole thing is putting me in a bad mood, I'm out of here.

Why MissW? Don't you know that THIS sort'a thing is the order-of-the-day...for approximately 38 percent of the public anyway, and according to the latest national polls, anyway.

(...well, at least down here south of 49th Parallel, anyway) ;)

😕 If TCM is so bad then why bother starting an account with their forum? Attention? Is the poster actually upset about it? TCM shows an array of different films. Surely there's a few that are worth watching. Would you like a list? <_<

1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

😕 If TCM is so bad then why bother starting an account with their forum? Attention? Is the poster actually upset about it? TCM shows an array of different films. Surely there's a few that are worth watching. Would you like a list? <_<

Sure RG, there's THIS point too, but you have to remember here it appears some of the people who DO bother to take the time to start an account and then post such a short comment as this most likely might ALSO suffer from one or even more of the following conditions:

a) It took so much energy and thought to even start an account that they were then much too tired and weary to expand upon their complaint. This COULD explain why the posters of such comments often don't bother to use proper capitalization and punctuation within their posts, because as you might know, reaching these other keys on one's computer keyboard can be quite taxing sometimes.

b) They might have fallen asleep during their English classes back in their school years, and thus naturally are unable to articulate their concerns in any more than in this sort of short and to the point manner.

c) They might be under the misconception that anyone who DOES use the English Language to a fuller advantage and thus would most likely possess a larger vocabulary of words from which to utilize within their text, would be thought by others as some sort of an "elitist" or "Egghead", and I suppose you know how in this era of increased populism of late, this very idea has become rampant within our society.

d) They're working SO many hours of late in their chosen profession and/or daily grind of a job that they simply have no extra time on their hands in which to elaborate further these complaints.

And so RG, after reading the above, I sincerely hope this might give you a better understanding of this social phenomenon.

(...and perhaps also help you see that unlike the opinions expressed by so many others in this thread so far, I often REALLY REALLY enjoy and can often have a real BLAST in these kind'a threads where some might accuse me of "feeding the troll"...and most likely because I DEFINITELY do NOT suffer from "condition-d" up there at all, as I very often AND as you can plainly also see, will have WAY too much freakin' free time on my hands now days...and especially today because it's rainin' outside here beautiful picturesque Sedona Arizona and so I can't play tennis or ride one of my motorcycles around, and I didn't have one of my part-time shuttle driving gigs down to Phoenix today either) ;) 

• Thanks 2

At first I thought this was going to be a thread about the death of a beloved movie star, not about the death of a beloved movie channel.

I guess it's good to have the occasional amusement provided by the occasional hit-and-run poster.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Actual footage of me replying to this post:

Image result for i love lucy gif

Hmmm...at this point, I think I'd rather see your Vitameatavegamin commercial reenactment instead, speedy.

16 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hmmm...at this point, I think I'd rather see your Vitameatavegamin commercial reenactment instead, speedy.

Lol.

Do you POP out of parties?

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Nope, but I HAVE been somewhat unpoopular of late it seems! ;)

Well the answer to all your problems is this bittle lottle.

• Haha 1
Just now, speedracer5 said:

Well the answer to all your problems is this bittle lottle.

LOL

So, you're already on your third take in this commercial, huh?!

(…and evidently are also thinkin' it's gettin' hot in here, right?!)

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

So, you're already on your third take in this commercial, huh?!

(…and evidently are also thinkin' it's gettin' hot in here, right?!)

Haha.  It's so tasty too!