Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

last nite had me a container of chinese fried rice which got me to thinking about ole grampa joad...

"fried rice...somebody's been eatin' chinese fried rice...

How come I ain't got none!"

Grampa Joad, age 76, dies | Okie Times

apushcanvas [licensed for non-commercial use only] / The Grapes of Wrath  plot summary

And you can BET this guy will be there!  ;) 

:D  Sepiatone

• Like 1

I remember a cheese ad with a dog and his man and the dog asking the man to balance a piece of cheese on his nose.  The ad above made me think of it.

Does anyone remember some of the funny Alka Seltzer commercials (speecy, spicy, meatballs)?

Commercials were so much better when I was growing up (and not so mean spirited).

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I remember a cheese ad with a dog and his man and the dog asking the man to balance a piece of cheese on his nose.  The ad above made me think of it.

Does anyone remember some of the funny Alka Seltzer commercials (speecy, spicy, meatballs)?

Commercials were so much better when I was growing up (and not so mean spirited).

Better than that there were NO cartoon bears showing off their clean HEINIES!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

20 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Better than that there were NO cartoon bears showing off their clean HEINIES!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

Mr. Whipple was a much better campaign than the Charmin bears...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

That "Mama Mia" commercial is considered a classic.

• Like 3

I can't find it anywhere, likely because I can't recall the brand, but there was an old TV ad in the '60's in which at the end an old lady said....

"It sure doesn't feel like(then she'd lean in and whisper...) toilet papah!"  ;)    Likely the first time it was called that on TV.  Up till then it was always referred to as "Bathroom tissue."  

Sepiatone

55 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I can't find it anywhere, likely because I can't recall the brand, but there was an old TV ad in the '60's in which at the end an old lady said....

"It sure doesn't feel like(then she'd lean in and whisper...) toilet papah!"  ;)    Likely the first time it was called that on TV.  Up till then it was always referred to as "Bathroom tissue."  

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1