Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

40 minutes ago, SansFin said:

tCZNVkc.jpg

It means you've forgotten those bywords of one Joseph Lucas:

"A gentleman does not motor about after dark."

(...OR, why the Brits drink warm beer...because their refrigerators are made by Lucas Industries of Birmingham, England) 

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, SansFin said:

Joseph Lucas: The Prince of Darkness!

British Motoring owes him so much.  

;)

Yes, in this case of this YANK here, it also owes to the fact of my 1966 BSA 650cc Lightning's wiring harness going up in smoke just as I completed that ride to Yosemite and back home to L.A. that one summer of 1970.

Always felt it was a bit of  good luck that this happened just a quarter mile from home.

(...a local motorcycle shop near my home that specialized in British motorcycles would re-wire it using good ol' American SAE grade wire and connectors, and it ran better than ever)

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, SansFin said:

ilaYD7o.jpg

Well Sans, who's to say this ophthamologist doesn't perhaps also practice proctology in their off hours???

Heck, I once knew a surgeon who moonlighted as an arborist.

(...uh-huh, I'll never forget ol' Doc MacMurtry, and whose motto was: "Have Scalpel and Chainsaw, Will Travel")

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well Sans, who's to say this ophthamologist doesn't perhaps also practice proctology in their off hours???

Heck, I once knew a surgeon who moonlighted as an arborist.

(...uh-huh, I'll never forget ol' Doc MacMurtry, and whose motto was: "Have Scalpel and Chainsaw, Will Travel")

I have heard of a proctologist in England who is a passionate treasure hunter. It is sad when she confuses the two and does not know her arse from a hole in the ground.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Too many circuits drawing from a single line or neutral conductor? 

Not sure exactly what this was intended to be though, as it wouldn't pass inspection here.

It looks to me as if it is in a boat or RV. I heard fairly recently of a very expensive RV which burned because the owner wired accessories directly to the generator feed because the fuse box was full and he did not want to pay for a professional installation.

42 minutes ago, SansFin said:

It looks to me as if it is in a boat or RV. I heard fairly recently of a very expensive RV which burned because the owner wired accessories directly to the generator feed because the fuse box was full and he did not want to pay for a professional installation.

All electrical junctions should still be inside a junction box, and for that very reason.

That was wired by someone who was either in a foreign 3rd world country (not the US third world country) - as a lot of their stuff makes it into our electrical memes - or else by someone who didn't know their aaa from a hole in the ground.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

All electrical junctions should still be inside a junction box, and for that very reason.

It was fortunate in the situation pictured that it was not enclosed because that would have prevented detection before meltdown.

3 hours ago, SansFin said:

It was fortunate in the situation pictured that it was not enclosed because that would have prevented detection before meltdown.

Electrical code, insurance, and lawsuit issues aside, I'd give it a 50/50 chance for that scenario, as the location is probably out of sight/out of mind either way.   

Almost looks like that nut was heated with an acetylene torch.

• Like 1