• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Funny Stuff

Rudy's Girl

16 hours ago, hamradio said:

Is this the best idea for a public park? :blink:

main-qimg-587bce4af7915b3f54313e31351cfa

ONLY if this park happened to be the one in Moscow named after that famous Russian patriotic hero Boris Kidtossov.

Singlehandedly took out four, that's right FOUR German Panzers during the Battle of Stalingrad. And, with each of those kids there symbolically representing each of those tanks.

(...uh-huh, really...would I kid you in this thread???...naaaaah)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dargo said:

ONLY if this park happened to be the one in Moscow named after that famous Russian patriotic hero Boris Kidtossov.

Yep.  DOES kinda look like he's trying to  "tossov" those kids, right?  ;) 

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

:D

I feel sorry for kids today.  In my day, you'd only get embarrassed by hardcopy pictures your parents showed to their friends. It was mostly a one-and-done kind of thing.   Nowadays, it's plastered all over the internet for the world to see, forever...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

The second one is a doctored image.  Here's the original ad, from WWII:

WWII Propaganda Posters: A Look at Life on the American Home Front -  sanjacinto-museum

Seems the Canvas Art Rocks website made a goof.  Were repling to the Outdated Cultural thread in General Discussions and came across their website.

https://us.canvasartrocks.com/blogs/posts/102141062-51-shocking-vintage-adverts-that-would-get-banned-today

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Seems the Canvas Art Rocks website made a goof.  Were repling to the Outdated Cultural thread in General Discussions and came across their website.

https://us.canvasartrocks.com/blogs/posts/102141062-51-shocking-vintage-adverts-that-would-get-banned-today

The bottom one is doctored too - just haven't found the original yet.  There's no way a WWII-era ad would use the word "screw" with that meaning, or tout soldiers getting drunk.

5 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

The bottom one is doctored too - just haven't found the original yet.  There's no way a WWII-era ad would use the word "screw" with that meaning, or tout soldiers getting drunk.

They used the term F_bar. Never heard that terminology until "Saving Private Ryan". 

(WORD FILTER ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!. )

Found the original,.

med_res

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Fouled up beyond all recognition??

That's the G-rated version.

Besides ****, there's also SNAFU (Situation Normal All F'ed Up), and similar variations.

And as someone who's spent time around Unix/Linux, and I assume C, you've surely see the words foo and bar used as variable names in code/script snippets and examples?

WB produced a series of cartoons for the military in WWII, featuring Private SNAFU...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Besides ****, there's also SNAFU (Situation Normal All F'ed Up), and similar variations.

And as someone who's spent time around Unix/Linux, and I assume C, you've surely see the words foo and bar used as variable names in code/script snippets and examples?

WB produced a series of cartoons for the military in WWII, featuring Private SNAFU...

Plausible deniability, and who's to say I am not thinking the G-rated version.

4 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Before the Comedy Channel! :lol: