Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob I

We NEED Watch TCM for cord cutters! Hulu Live TV

I’m looking to join the ranks of cord cutters and dump cable. TCM is prob Ac boy 50% of what we watch. Add in Watch TVM on our cell phones and that adds another 20%.

But once we do cancel cable we are looking to Hulu Live TV as our streaming service. BUT while Hulu Live TV has TCM as a channel, it is NOT on the list of providers for Watch TCM! Hulu Live TV will work for many other services and it MUST work for Watch TCM! VERY FRUSTRATED!

My guess is that the cable/satellite replacement streamers (Hulu Live, Youtube TV, etc.) don't pay TCM what they want in order to offer the streaming and dual network feed capabilities of Watch TCM.  In other words, it's not a technical issue, it's a money issue.

I can sympathize, though.  About to do the same here, though haven't decided between Hulu and Youtube.  Our television service changed from Verizon FiOS to Frontier FiOS a couple years ago, and it's gone downhill in quality since then.

FYI, I just switched to You Tube TV, which also has TCM.  While you can't use Watch TCM as a YouTube TV subscriber, there are on-demand titles of TCM programs available from YouTube TV that you can stream anytime.  It's essentially the same on-demand content you see available on Watch TCM.  The only thing that's really missing is the capability to choose between a east coast/west coast live feed.