Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My grandmother and I watched a western movie some time ago and we cannot remember the name. As I remember the plot, there were two brothers (maybe half brothers?). One was dating someone Native American or partly. The other brother was out on some sort of trip or horse wrangling mission and kills another Native American (after racing with him - I think he pushed him off a cliff or something) in the brother's girlfriend's tribe. The brothers girlfriend knows/has witnesses, but no one believes her at the trial and the bad brother is let off. He ends up getting arrested again after fighting and I think killing someone one, but escapes from jail and at the end either the brother or the dad kills him. I believe that is mostly the plot summary but I may be somewhat off. My grandmother has been asking for me to find this movie name but my google searches have come up with nothing. Does anyone know the movie I am talking about??

• 7 months later...

Gunman's Walk with Tab Hunter as the spoiled, worthless son and James Darren as the good , unappreciated son. The woman was French/Sioux descent.

The situation was a horse roundup. The woman's brother and Hunter were chasing a fine, white mare along the edge of a high bluff. The Indian was closest to the edge and Hunter forced him over at full speed. Hunter had previously argued with the man in camp. Two Indians witnessed the fall and Hunter was initially charged with murder.

A stranger, learning he could expect favors from the father, gave false testimony that he witnessed the 'accident', clearing Hunter. The stranger then lied and told the father that he had lost horses in the area of the roundup and was given a chance to select his 'lost' horses from the herd. The ten 'lost' horses included the white mare which Hunter had promised to Darren. When Hunter challenged the man for the white horse, the stranger pulled a gun and Hunter shot, but didn't kill, the man. While the man is recovering, the father offers him $5,000 to leave town without telling the truth.

Hunter escapes jail by faking his hanging and kills a deputy in the process. As the sheriff forms a posse from an outraged town, the father tries to find him first. As the son's resentment for the father is revealed, the posse finds the pair. Hunter draws and is killed by the father.

There was another arrest for fighting prior to the shooting, so your recollection was right on.

53 minutes ago, Mike1951 said:

Gunman's Walk with Tab Hunter as the spoiled, worthless son and James Darren as the good , unappreciated son. The woman was French/Sioux descent.

The situation was a horse roundup. The woman's brother and Hunter were chasing a fine, white mare along the edge of a high bluff. The Indian was closest to the edge and Hunter forced him over at full speed. Hunter had previously argued with the man in camp. Two Indians witnessed the fall and Hunter was initially charged with murder.

A stranger, learning he could expect favors from the father, gave false testimony that he witnessed the 'accident', clearing Hunter. The stranger then lied and told the father that he had lost horses in the area of the roundup and was given a chance to select his 'lost' horses from the herd. The ten 'lost' horses included the white mare which Hunter had promised to Darren. When Hunter challenged the man for the white horse, the stranger pulled a gun and Hunter shot, but didn't kill, the man. While the man is recovering, the father offers him $5,000 to leave town without telling the truth.

Hunter escapes jail by faking his hanging and kills a deputy in the process. As the sheriff forms a posse from an outraged town, the father tries to find him first. As the son's resentment for the father is revealed, the posse finds the pair. Hunter draws and is killed by the father.

There was another arrest for fighting prior to the shooting, so your recollection was right on.

Funny but TCM just showed this film last night.        Hopefully the original poster here was watching!