Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The World, The Flesh and The Devil"

To be fair, casting Harry Belafonte and Mel Ferrer as your two male leads isn't a recipe for success.  They're the weak link in almost every one of their movies I've seen them in.

• Like 1

Moving beyond the relationship angle, I loved the first hour of this movie. It reminded me of a lost Twilight Zone episode that was suddenly discovered. The strange, quiet, stillness of the Big Apple, or any metropolis - with some location work to give it an extra quality of realism - in end-of-the-world scenarios always fascinates me.  

• Like 1

SPOILER

For some reason, that dummy's smile sticks in my mind. Why would that be so memorable? Maybe us dummies just remember things. Getting thrown over to the street below and the piercing scream is quite a moment.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:49 PM, cinemanut said:

Moving beyond the relationship angle, I loved the first hour of this movie. It reminded me of a lost Twilight Zone episode that was suddenly discovered. The strange, quiet, stillness of the Big Apple, or any metropolis - with some location work to give it an extra quality of realism - in end-of-the-world scenarios always fascinates me.  

But there wasn't one dead body and people ate out of tin cans.