Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE SWARM IN GLORIOUS PAN AND SCAN

1 hour ago, CinemaInternational said:

She lived in the book......

Really? Now that's nasty! (that they did her in!)

8 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Which one? (It was based on two books as I recall.)

The book she was in! :D

4 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Hasn't TCM shown this a few times?

They showed it once on TCM underground maybe four or five years ago and the weirdest thing about it was: by complete coincidence we had been talking about it earlier in the week. One of our more unpleasant posters barged into the conversation and said “hey idiots: it’s on this Saturday at midnight.”

I remember completely worthless things like this.

LOL. I remember watching it on some station, so I thought it was TCM. It was SO BORING, I don't think I watched more than a half hour.

42 minutes ago, Hibi said:

HOW DISAPPOINTING! :(  Would think that would've been a GIVEN!

I know right? I mean if you have Shelley Winters in your movie, you need to have her eaten by an octopus. Possibly a giant squid if the former isn’t available.

its why I hate A PLACE IN THE SUN.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I know right? I mean if you have Shelley Winters in your movie, you need to have her eaten by an octopus. Possibly a giant squid if the former isn’t available.

its why I hate A PLACE IN THE SUN.

Well in A Place in the Sun no creature had to be in the water to get Shelley.    All it took was water and an unmotivated Monty!

18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well in A Place in the Sun no creature had to be in the water to get Shelley.    All it took was water and an unmotivated Monty!

COME FOR ME IF YOU WANT FOR MY SAYING THIS,

but....

A PLACE IN THE SUN would be roughly 127 times better if MONTY played WHACK-A-SHELLEY with the BOAT OAR, full-on MONSIEUR VERDOUX STYLE.

2 minutes ago, Roy Cronin said:

OMG! I just thought of this, as I'm sure many of you have thought about:

SHELLEY WINTERS: QUEEN OF THE WATERY DEMISE

She really is. No one else even comes close.

23 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

COME FOR ME IF YOU WANT FOR MY SAYING THIS,

but....

A PLACE IN THE SUN would be roughly 127 times better if MONTY played WHACK-A-SHELLEY with the BOAT OAR, full-on MONSIEUR VERDOUX STYLE.

Well the film would be a lot different but I'm not so sure it would be better.   Now years ago I did feel the film would have been a lot better with Monty playing a much different type of character,   but now I don't think so.    The psychological aspect of the film all relates to his mental state as it relates to knocking-up a gal that he doesn't love,  but instead comes to despise,   but he isn't the type of person to deliberately kill someone.       Yea, the later part of the film does drag some but that could have be improved by editing.     To just remove that and have the Monty character just go nuts; well that scene would be great (I might even cheer him on!),    but then the film would have to end after that;  No trial,    no ambiguity of behalf of the characters in the film like his mother,   and the audience (us),  as well.  

10 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well the film would be a lot different but I'm not so sure it would be better.   Now years ago I did feel the film would have been a lot better with Monty playing a much different type of character,   but now I don't think so.    The psychological aspect of the film all relates to his mental state as it relates to knocking-up a gal that he doesn't love,  but instead comes to despise,   but he isn't the type of person to deliberately kill someone.       Yea, the later part of the film does drag some but that could have be improved by editing.     To just remove that and have the Monty character just go nuts; well that scene would be great (I might even cheer him on!),    but then the film would have to end after that;  No trial,    no ambiguity of behalf of the characters in the film like his mother,   and the audience (us),  as well.  

i have the same issue with A PLACE IN THE SUN that RAYMOND CHANDLER did, I feel as if it has its priorities really screwed up and almost refuses to CLEARLY present that CLIFT'S CHARACTER is just NOT A HERO. ITS far too ambiguous and frankly kind of a dangerous depiction of legitamizing/sympathising with MURDER.