Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHO IS YOUR MOVIE IDOL???

I have so many!

The ladies I love.......

Clara Bow, Jean Harlow, Carole Lombard, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Joan Blondell, Rita Hayworth, Claudette Colbert, Mabel Normand, Barbara Stanwyck, Judy Garland, Ava Gardner, Ida Lupino, Marie Dressler, Myrna Loy, Lillian Gish, & ZaSu Pitts

The men.....

William Powell, John Barrymore (before his alcoholism got the best of him), Lionel Barrymore, Rudolph Valentino, Errol Flynn, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Lon Chaney, Sr., James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson, Conrad Veight, Clark Gable, & Guy Kibbe

• Like 1
On 3/5/2020 at 9:34 PM, Dargo said:

Yep RG, that's right.

I remember back in the mid-'70s, first reading of these very family dynamics of theirs in a book by author Joe Adamson titled "Groucho, Harpo, Chico and sometimes Zeppo".

(...I still have that book around here somewhere I think)

a keep sake pal! I still have a must old book title THE MARX BROS SCRAPBOOK, ever hear of it? It's around l971 & all Groucho talking about everything   His bros by then were gone except for Zeppo, who wanted nada to do with them or yrs   Do you know f SINATRA'S final wife Barbara, she was Zeppo's ex  Barbara m,arx & typically of this era when soon after THE CHAIRMAN went in May of l998, her & FRANK'S mgr were mugged just walking down the street  well, Rickles and everybody that knew about this crime asked ARE THEYSTILL ALIVE

1 minute ago, DawnM74 said:

I have so many!

The ladies I love.......

Clara Bow, Jean Harlow, Carole Lombard, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Joan Blondell, Rita Hayworth, Claudette Colbert, Mabel Normand, Barbara Stanwyck, Judy Garland, Ava Gardner, Ida Lupino, Marie Dressler, Myrna Loy, Lillian Gish, & ZaSu Pitts

The men.....

William Powell, John Barrymore (before his alcoholism got the best of him), Lionel Barrymore, Rudolph Valentino, Errol Flynn, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Lon Chaney, Sr., James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson, Conrad Veight, Clark Gable, & Guy Kibbe

A :PT OPF THEM HUH, not pre4ssing you but if you had to combined who would they be?

On John Barrymore ever see the Blake Edwards comedy from l98l s.o.b.  It's about 85 percent accurate, the Holden, Mulligan, Preston & Webbers segment, based ion fact about JB's death

I don't care what they say J. Barrymore deserved Best Actor for Twentieth Century

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Carey Grant.

YES! & outrageously underrated by the ACADEMY   Irony of ironies, in AFI's 100 Years 100Stars (l999 poll & tv special) they voted Archie Leach runner up all-time actor, yet they never gave  him it's annual award???

7 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I haven’t seen Crowe’s version. Costner was a terrible Robin Hood. But I loved Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham. 

Crowe's & Ridley Scott's version is ok (**1/2) but slow   Kevin has a problem with accents though

8 minutes ago, spence said:

A :PT OPF THEM HUH, not pre4ssing you but if you had to combined who would they be?

On John Barrymore ever see the Blake Edwards comedy from l98l s.o.b.  It's about 85 percent accurate, the Holden, Mulligan, Preston & Webbers segment, based ion fact about JB's death

I don't care what they say J. Barrymore deserved Best Actor for Twentieth Century

For once somebody picked THE KING OF HOLLYWOOD: GABLE  most ow, especially millenials never even heard of him?

As one of my books outs it THE KING OS DEAD AND THERE WAS N0BODY TIO REPLACE HIM  unquote

I've read that rumor.  But in today's showing of LESLIE HOWARD: THE MAN WHO GAVE  DAMN  he was considered high on the "sh*tlist" of Nazi Germany due to a few films he made deriding them.  A plane he was on flying from Spain to England was set upon by Nazi fighter planes and shot down.  Why that plane was targeted is still being debated.   And in a Buddy Holly sort of twist, it was stated that a few people, even a young boy(who was a producer of the feature I believe) were ordered to give their seats to Howard and a couple other men. 

My consternation in that feature was.....  wondering when it was made.  Or at least when some of the people being interviewed WERE interviewed.  One lady, supposedly his daughter, talked about her wedding.  Thing is, she was married in(according to her) 1942!  which was 78 years ago!  But, the woman on camera didn't look much over 80 years old(IF that!) and Howard's daughter would have to have been very young when married to look much younger than(assuming marriage at an average age of i8 or i9) to be a still possible alive at age 96 and still look more than ten years younger.  So, what gives?

Sepiatone

9 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I've read that rumor.  But in today's showing of LESLIE HOWARD: THE MAN WHO GAVE  DAMN  he was considered high on the "sh*tlist" of Nazi Germany due to a few films he made deriding them.  A plane he was on flying from Spain to England was set upon by Nazi fighter planes and shot down.  Why that plane was targeted is still being debated.   And in a Buddy Holly sort of twist, it was stated that a few people, even a young boy(who was a producer of the feature I believe) were ordered to give their seats to Howard and a couple other men. 

My consternation in that feature was.....  wondering when it was made.  Or at least when some of the people being interviewed WERE interviewed.  One lady, supposedly his daughter, talked about her wedding.  Thing is, she was married in(according to her) 1942!  which was 78 years ago!  But, the woman on camera didn't look much over 80 years old(IF that!) and Howard's daughter would have to have been very young when married to look much younger than(assuming marriage at an average age of i8 or i9) to be a still possible alive at age 96 and still look more than ten years younger.  So, what gives?

Sepiatone

Yes, probably old interview footage added in with the newer stuff. Typically, the interviewee's name will appear on screen in these kinds of documentaries, and if it's footage from long ago, a date (or at least the year when the prior footage was recorded) is listed.