Sign in to follow this  
lydecker

TCM Programming Challenge #42: The Game's Afoot!" VOTING THREAD

Latest Voting Tally:

Cinema International:  2

Lonesome Polecat:   3

Athos:  5

Speedracer5:  3

LP- I loved the selection of Mildred Natwick for SOTM; the scheduling of "What's So Bad About Feeling Good?" (Come on TCM, make this happen!); the New Years Eve Party theme; and the scheduling of the movie "The Butter and Egg Man."  I have no idea what this movie is, but I love the title.

Cinema Int'l- I love the feature on Madeline Kahn, especially the scheduling of "Clue."  I love "Clue."  Communism was just a red herring! I also loved the selection of Joan Bennett for SOTM (definitely overdue), the scheduling of "Beyond the Forest" (I saw this at the Portland Art Museum and it was amazing);  and the feature on Hal Wallis--I would watch all those movies.

Athos- Loved the selection of Douglas Fairbanks Jr. for SOTM; I love Sandra Dee (especially love "Gidget") so I would welcome an evening of her films; the feature of Gene TIerney and Vincent Price was fantastic; and I loved the evening of "A Study in Terror" creepy movies, especially ones about obsessive love, a la "Play Misty for Me" is one of my favorite types of movies.

---

My vote goes to Athos! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

FINAL Voting Tally:

Cinema International:  2

Lonesome Polecat:  3

Athos:  6

Speedracer5:  3

Edited by lydecker

And the winner of TCM Program Challenge #42 is:  Athos.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  You have the honor of hosting Challenge #43.   

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted.  It's been fun.

Lydecker

• Thanks 5

Congratulations Athos!

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much everyone! It’s been a pleasure having the opportunity to share my ideas with all of you and to see all the wonderful schedules. Thank you LonesomePolecat, CinemaInternational, and speedracer5 for your schedules - lots of movies I look forward to seeing or rewatching. 

Lydecker, thank you for creating and running this challenge. I had a lot of fun with the Sherlock Holmes themes and thoroughly enjoyed integrating the challenges into my schedule. 

All for one and one for all! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Athos said:

Thank you so much everyone! It’s been a pleasure having the opportunity to share my ideas with all of you and to see all the wonderful schedules. Thank you LonesomePolecat, CinemaInternational, and speedracer5 for your schedules - lots of movies I look forward to seeing or rewatching. 

Lydecker, thank you for creating and running this challenge. I had a lot of fun with the Sherlock Holmes themes and thoroughly enjoyed integrating the challenges into my schedule. 

All for one and one for all! 

Let everybody know when you anticipate hosting TCM Programming Challenge 43!

22 hours ago, lydecker said:

Let everybody know when you anticipate hosting TCM Programming Challenge 43!

I will. Perhaps sooner rather than later with the way things currently are. I'll start brainstorming some ideas!

• Like 2