Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leia

What movie is this?

Recommended Posts

Hey all!

 

I’ve been looking for a movie that I happened to see in one of the promos on TCM a while back, years ago. I never got the quote out of my head. The movie seems to be a love story between a man and a woman, the woman I recall having a while blouse and tan or khaki pants? The setting was either war or in a desert and the woman is telling the man she will do anything for him, cooking or cleaning or scrubbing his floors. I looked everywhere when I saw it years ago but no luck. Anyone know of any leads or where I should start? I believe the promo that aired was for some kind of month where they were honoring someone for some kind of award but it wasn’t an Oscar or anything like that. There was a movie with a plane in the promo as well but I don’t think it was the same film. 

 

Thanks for reading! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leia said:

Hey all!

 

I’ve been looking for a movie that I happened to see in one of the promos on TCM a while back, years ago. I never got the quote out of my head. The movie seems to be a love story between a man and a woman, the woman I recall having a while blouse and tan or khaki pants? The setting was either war or in a desert and the woman is telling the man she will do anything for him, cooking or cleaning or scrubbing his floors. I looked everywhere when I saw it years ago but no luck. Anyone know of any leads or where I should start? I believe the promo that aired was for some kind of month where they were honoring someone for some kind of award but it wasn’t an Oscar or anything like that. There was a movie with a plane in the promo as well but I don’t think it was the same film. 

Thanks for reading! 

Was it THE BRIDE CAME C.O.D. (1941)..?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bride_Came_C.O.D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could also be Morocco (1930), with Marlene Dietrich and Gary Cooper:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/83989/Morocco/

Click on the READ THE FULL SYNOPSIS link.

Here's the last shot.  That's Marlene bringing up the rear:

https://vimeo.com/311883720

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to suggest Morocco as well.  I don't remember the exact lines of dialogue, but a character in the film tells Marlene Dietrich that many women follow the men they love on their campaigns in the desert, living in tents and supporting the men any way they can after their hard days of battle.  It may be the film you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old Film Lover said:

I was going to suggest Morocco as well.  I don't remember the exact lines of dialogue, but a character in the film tells Marlene Dietrich that many women follow the men they love on their campaigns in the desert, living in tents and supporting the men any way they can after their hard days of battle.  It may be the film you want.

I believe Dietrich does say those lines of dialogue at the very end to Cooper.   Then she runs after him in bare feet in the hot desert sand!

I always laugh at how unrealistic this ending is,  but oh,  so romantic.   So Hollywood.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm gonna have to watch Morocco tonight.  No great ordeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to pop back in with an update!

 I looked up the films everyone suggested and as it turns out it was The Fountainhead! Thank you everyone for being so helpful and I’m very excited to have a new movie to watch this evening.  ☺️

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2020 at 1:31 AM, Leia said:

I just wanted to pop back in with an update!

 I looked up the films everyone suggested and as it turns out it was The Fountainhead! Thank you everyone for being so helpful and I’m very excited to have a new movie to watch this evening.  ☺️

 

 

Yay me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...